• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Proper Analysis of the "Omniverse"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only became a heated argument because Ant misquoted what both you and I were saying, then followed with exaggerated claims about a "threat to the wiki" unsupported by reality, and subsequently censored the thread.

If people were allowed to discuss peacefully like adults, this wouldn'thappen.

Closing threads abruptly to cease discussion accomplishes absolutely nothing.

1) No, it is not. Our system is built on dimensional scaling, and transcendental philosophy.

The omniverse term is either built on massive megalomaniacal hyperbole and reality-fiction interaction, or unquantifiable undefined muddled definitions, such as infinite multiverses of undefined complexity. Using it would break our system.

2) I am the most active bureaucrat, and enlisted virtually the entire staff, including yourself. I am fully authorised to do so, if the issue is sufficiently important, and I am far too tired to continue arguing about this.

3) I am not ordering you, I am asking you for help, rather than to cause trouble.

It is. You often exaggeate issues based on your opinion, and as time passes the prove to be no issue at all. It's an obvious pattern.

If you are tired, go sleep. You shouldn't be the final word on everything and block people from talking?

I'm causing trouble by giving my opinion and disagreeing on you?

Antvasima, here's a request:

Please quote the part where either I or Ven talked about using Omniverses on our Tiering System.

Neither of us want to. We want to talk.

I am concerned about the overall integrity of our wiki and system. Watching out for potential fractures is part of my responsibilities.

Again, this is not always a democracy, and you are sometimes severely out of order, and causing trouble with different members. This is an ongoing problem that we have previously talked about.

Enough of this. I'm re-closing this before things get worse. Don't re-open it, please..

What problem am I causing? You can't force me to always agree with you.

What potential fracture?

Please, stop doubling down on your misinterpretation. Nobody wants to use the Omniverse term. We just want to discuss it, which is miles better than pretend it doesn't exist.

Also, can you please not threaten me in public? You once threatened to ban me because I said we were biased against Marvel (Which we were) and that the Marvel Multiverse is infinite-dimensional (Which it is).

Well, perhaps I misunderstood then. Regardless, as I explained earlier, the term is far too incoherent in its definition and usage to be reliably used, unless the extent is specifically defined within the story itself, as was the case with the Glory.

I have not threatened you, and that was not what was intended with the past incident either. At that point, you had accused and attacked me for a prolonged period of time, and I was extremely tired and overworked, which turns me grouchy and irritable.

You also keep pushing me, and disrespecting my position, in this case as well, despite that I keep telling you that I am half-asleep.

Anyway, we should probably take this private, so I will close this thread again.

Okay, I have now apologised to Matthew, and am no longer severely stressed out combined with being tired enough to fall over, so discuss away regarding this topic.

However, the key issues still remain:

• The original term of all fiction and reality combined is severe hyperbole.
  • The infinite multiverses definition is hard to quantify, unless the dimensional scale of those multiverses is defined.
  • Different writers use it to mean different things, including as a synonym for a multiverse, and as such we cannot apply a set standard, but must evaluate on a case-by-case basis.

Hmm. It seems like nobody is interested in discussing this after all.

Okay. Thanks. Should we close this thread (again) then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back