• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever i saw someone posted a threads without a tags:
images

Asta gets clapped!! His sword is blunt, even if it wasn't- Haki gg.

Anti Magic has no use here so it's Ap vs Ap, Skills vs Skills. Luffy should be more skilled, and has Observation haki to boot.

Luffy easy diff!!

Since when is a sharp blade considered blunt lol. Or do cutting attacks not work on Luffy and I'm missing something?

Asta gets clapped!! His sword is blunt, even if it wasn't- Haki gg.
Only Demon Slayer is blunt, the rest are not. He can make the former sharp with Anti-Magic
Anti Magic has no use here so it's Ap vs Ap, Skills vs Skills. Luffy should be more skilled, and has Observation haki to boot.
What makes Luffy more skilled? Also Asta has his own precog and instinctive reaction

That doesn't mean that a sword randomly becomes a blunt object... That just means it's a normal sword if it isn't cutting magic.

What this comes down to is who had higher AP.

What makes Luffy more skilled? Also Asta has his own precog and instinctive reaction
Observation Haki is far better than Ki. Also I don't really know how to prove how one person is more skilled than the other (unless it's glaringly obvious) unless you've watched the show so I can't really tell you.

Observation Haki is far better than Ki. Also I don't really know how to prove how one person is more skilled than the other (unless it's glaringly obvious) unless you've watched the show so I can't really tell you.
Well, they both are rated as Genius in combat so they are in the same range of skill. Until someone prove one is more skilled than the other, they should be considered comparable.

And what makes Haki far better than ki?

And what makes Haki far better than ki?
range, and being able to literally see the future isntead of just sensing and predicting things

Do you know how yami says that julius got better reactions than him because julius can see the future? Same thing here

range, and being able to literally see the future isntead of just sensing and predicting things

Do you know how yami says that julius got better reactions than him because julius can see the future? Same thing here
That doesn't make it more powerful though. Whether you predict moves by reading the future or by reading one's life force doesn't change anything, and I'm pretty sure that's not how we determine the potency of precog

Besides, BoT Luffy can only see glimpses of the future.

Luffy got dura null and superior prediction abilities my vote goes for him
BoT Luffy doesn't have Dura Neg

Last edited:
That doesn't make it more powerful though. Whether you predict moves by reading the future or by reading one's life force doesn't change anything, and I'm pretty sure that's not how we determine the potency of precog

Besides, BoT Luffy can only see glimpses of the future.

BoT Luffy doesn't have Dura Neg
That changes things
We need verse supporters for observation haki feats

Screen_Shot_2021-11-12_at_3.41.48_PM.png

Asta has drastically higher AP where it's ridiculously not even fair.

Luffy's intelligence section speaks for itself. The feats of Asta's intelligence are a subsection of Luffy's. Even without Kenbun Luffy will figure out his fighting style and find ways to counter it.

Please don't ever compare Kenbunshoku Haki and Ki. The page of a flood of abilities with a blog of a subset of abilities of Kenbunshoku Haki speaks for itself.

How good is Asta's reactive power level? Is it better than Luffy who reverses stomps? Luffy will get faster and stronger over time. His many different ways of Damage Boosting will definitely help him out.

Luffy's Haki also grows during battle, so he'll get stronger and sense better over time.

Luffy's afterimage creation plus his ridiculously unpredictable fighting style is helping him out. I can't name a single person in BC that has a fighting style similar to Luffy's.

What else needs to be tackled?

If this is a stomp, in my defense, I wasn't actually looking at the profiles lol.

Luffy is more skilled, Kenbu can do anything Ki reading can and much more.

Asta has more speed, AP/Dura and Stamina (Luffy can't stay in G4 forever in this key).

How good is Asta's reactive power level? Is it better than Luffy who reverses stomps? Luffy will get faster and stronger over time. His many different ways of Damage Boosting will definitely help him out.
It was really hard for Luffy to do it against Katakuri, Asta has more stats and stamina than Kata, i don't think Luffy will be that lucky here.

Restrict Black Divider and above and it's fine.
OHHHHHH, I totally forgot to restrict Asta's higher shit I thought me saying they were both at 6-C meant you would assume he couldn't use higher tier shit lol.

Luffy is more skilled, Kenbu can do anything Ki reading can and much more.

Asta has more speed, AP/Dura and Stamina (Luffy can't stay in G4 forever in this key).
Speed is now equalized.

Stamina is a factor
It was really hard for Luffy to do it against Katakuri,
Katakuri had a massive gap between them, and Luffy still ended up closing the gap before the fight ended
Asta has more stats and stamina than Kata, i don't think Luffy will be that lucky here.
Leaning towards disagreeing with the better stamina, stats tho, ok.

Luffy knows how to dodge, he'll be alright.

Voting Luffy

Should I unequal speed again? It seems that Asta is at a huge disadvantage with it, and I want things to be fair.

Katakuri had a massive gap between them, and Luffy still ended up closing the gap before the fight ended
No? G3 was just slightly weaker than his Peerless Donuts stats wise, the rest of Kata's kit isn't 6C so the upgrade for everything outside of G3 and 4 wasn't that notable, to the point Snakeman is kinda fodder even tho being a new form.

Screen_Shot_2021-11-12_at_3.41.48_PM.png

Asta has drastically higher AP where it's ridiculously not even fair.

Luffy's intelligence section speaks for itself. The feats of Asta's intelligence are a subsection of Luffy's.
What has Luffy done that Asta hasn't. Learning techniques after seeing them once? Asta did so

Mimicking the opponent's fighting style? Did that too

Adapting to an unpredictable fighting style then? Asta did that as well

The only thing I see that Asta hasn't done as of now is turning a stomp around (and maybe being creative in general). However I don't remember when Luffy did that.
Please don't ever compare Kenbunshoku Haki and Ki. The page of a flood of abilities with a blog of a subset of abilities of Kenbunshoku Haki speaks for itself.
"Proficient Haki: users in this class have the capacity to sense events transpiring over a large distance away (typically several kilometers), and can actively see glimpses into the future, and sense exactly how those within range feel and what their next set of actions will be"

This one right? Except for sensing ki of someone kilometers away, Asta can literally do all of that.

Even the flood of abilities ("Abilities that are granted by this type of Haki are varying levels of Extrasensory Perception, Telepathy, Precognition, Information Analysis, Enhanced Senses, and Instinctive Reaction")

Ki grants Asta all of the above except telepathy and Instinctive reaction, he still has the latter though.
How good is Asta's reactive power level? Is it better than Luffy who reverses stomps?
Gonna need scans of Luffy turning a stomp around when the AP gap is as big as this one.
Luffy will get faster and stronger over time.
So does Asta. However I don't think Luffy can adapt this fast considering the short time of his G4
I can't name a single person in BC that has a fighting style similar to Luffy's.
You mean an unpredictable fighting style? Literally Asta and Kiato, who got his fight style "stolen" by Asta

Last edited:
Oh and stamina wise, Asta fought Nacht (or rather got pummeled by him) for 3 days

Though Idk how good it is compared to Luffy's since in OP you have characters that can fight for 10 days straight

Oh and stamina wise, Asta fought Nacht (or rather got pummeled by him) for 3 days

Though Idk how good it is compared to Luffy's since in OP you have characters that can fight for 10 days straight
Luffy at this point scales to jimbei who can fight for 5+ days, but stamina is to inconsistent in shonen sO i even bother

You can't scale stamina to other characters, luffy fought for like 10 hours and almost died from exhaustion, so that's his cap.
If asta can actually fight for 3 days straight then asta outlasts.

Meeeh, no? Luffy was kinda ****** after fighting for 15h or less vs Kata, he only scale to Jinbe in AP/Dura not stamina.
You can't scale stamina to other characters, luffy fought for like 10 hours and almost died from exhaustion, so that's his cap.
If asta can actually fight for 3 days straight then asta outlasts.
Weird many verses treats as one and the same, whatever i took the L on that one

(Still think stamina is inconsistent AF i most manga)

What has Luffy done that Asta hasn't. Learning techniques after seeing them once? Asta did so

Mimicking the opponent's fighting style? Did that too

Adapting to an unpredictable fighting style then? Asta did that as well
Fighting someone and dodging someone who can see the future and see all his future moves.

Find out several peoples' weaknesses in a short period of time.

Find out how to avoid precognition.

Using other peoples' fighting styles against them.
The only thing I see that Asta hasn't done as of now is turning a stomp around (and maybe being creative in general). However I don't remember when Luffy did that.
And separated from the intelligence portion, Luffy needs Reactive Power Level. He's shown over time to get stronger and faster to the point of where he can match those who could easily defeat him prior.

During his fight with Kuro, Luffy couldn't track him at all. Shown again. Later on in the fight, he could end up tracking him and seeing through his techniques.
During his fight with Enel, Luffy couldn't track his movements in his lightning form. Later on, he blitzes him in his strongest lightning form.
Blueno notes that Luffy got much stronger since the last time he saw him, and Luffy didn't do a single thing to have gotten stronger. He was even tracking his Soru and keeping up with it as well. But prior, Luffy couldn't track his Soru at all, and in fact even his base form could effortlessly dodge him.
"Proficient Haki: users in this class have the capacity to sense events transpiring over a large distance away (typically several kilometers), and can actively see glimpses into the future, and sense exactly how those within range feel and what their next set of actions will be"

This one right? Except for sensing ki of someone kilometers away, Asta can literally do all of that.

Even the flood of abilities ("Abilities that are granted by this type of Haki are varying levels of Extrasensory Perception, Telepathy, Precognition, Information Analysis, Enhanced Senses, and Instinctive Reaction")

Ki grants Asta all of the above except telepathy and Instinctive reaction, he still has the latter though.
1. Precognition in the form of analytical prediction?
I need proof that he'll be able to predict a rubberman's trajectory of attack.
It works like "his finger moved this way so he'll do this", Luffy stretches, he has a whole different way of fighting.
Luffy knows where attacks go before they're even fired or started to be fired. Idk any feats of Ki around that.

2. His information analysis's feats consist of "he doesn't wanna actually hurt me". That's... not impressive.
Kenbunshoku's information analysis

3. His enhanced senses is only for emotions.
Did you read the blog to see how much Luffy can do with his?
Gonna need scans of Luffy turning a stomp around when the AP gap is as big as this one.
None
So does Asta. However I don't think Luffy can adapt this fast considering the short time of his G4
He adapted to Enel in like a few minutes, same with Kuro
You mean an unpredictable fighting style? Literally Asta and Kiato, who got his fight style "stolen" by Asta
Asta and Kiato has a fighting style as unpredictable as someone who stretches?

Also, doesn't Luffy have superior lifting strength?

What stops him from, idk, stealing his sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back