• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Pica Revision! Again!

One thing that i know considered, while Zoro may have never tank/stop any of Golem Pica's punches, we still have Elizabello II and Chinjao who were capable to counter its punch, since their combined attack didn't just shatter the arm, but it also stop its momentum, meaning the combined attack also counter the KE, similar with the case of Zoro slashing Issho's meteor in Stampede Movie.

So even if we cannot directly scale Zoro and Golem Pica's punches because Zoro never fought it in combat, Elizabello II and Chinjao definitively scale instead, characters who are weaker than Pica (with Devil Fruit) and Zoro.

@Stefano; I mentioned that earlier and you argued against it.

@Antvasima; which is why it is a good reason not to add it to his profile.

Damage3245 said:
@Stefano; I mentioned that earlier and you argued against it.
That was for Golem Pica's walking, which consider the entire body, neither Chinjao or Elizabello II have shatter Golem Pica's entire body (with the exception of King Punch), so they couldn't scale.

However, in this case we are talking about Golem Pica's punches, here we have see both Chinjao and Elizabello II counter a punch from Golem Pica, that instead is valid.

yea Chinjao and Elizabello (who remember he used light king pounch version )

so your telling me that Elizabello's light version is as strong as or stronger than zoro's attack?

yea this really doesnt make any sense.

Assuming the mass and speed i got are correct, this would be the result.

1/2*2332675638000*(13198.1972)^2 = 2.03167195e20 Joules or 48.558125 Gigatons of TNT.

Hard to tell if it's accurate or not from just that, but I still don't believe we should be trying to upgrade many characters based on this.

This kind of calc requires big assumptions; Pica wasn't even punching at them when they destroyed his arm, he was just trying to squash them.

So should we use a calculation of the golem's punching energy instead? I think that we have used full kinetic movement energy for various giant monsters though.

@Antvasima; it seems like the original proposal behind this thread has been mostly rejected. If new changes are proposed I feel like they should probably be handled on a new CRT when the time comes and this one be closed for now.

Damage3245 said:
This kind of calc requires big assumptions; Pica wasn't even punching at them when they destroyed his arm, he was just trying to squash them.
A squash shouldn't be below a punch, the KE generated should still remain the same, the actual difference is in the way the energy is released from one object to another, with a punch all the energy is concentrated in the knuckles, with the squash all the energy is disperse in the palm.

@Stefano; the KE would be different since what your calc is based on is the assumption of the speed of his punch and in the actual feat Pica isn't punching at all.

A counter against Chinjao and Elizabello would be that the arm is already outstretched by the time they attack, and all Pica is doing is "leaning forward" to grab/squash everyone. I don't think they would scale anywhere near the total value of Pica's attack there.

Pica started out just slightly some dozens of meters away with his hand before they attacked him.

Back