• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A pathetic stupid walking fish vs a Fish Eye (Walkatrout vs a Floating Eye) (0 votes left)

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay guys. i removed in the op about trout having bare knowledge of how the floating eye works.

we already have 7 votes for the eye and none for the trout.

so wait some minutes before grace ends

Eh, can Trout really fight while blind?
Ik it would be fairly nimble but like that's on land so how would it be underwater?
Plus what prevents the Eye from slapping it multiple times, if Trout opens his eyes he gets hypnotised and as mentioned there's no proof he can fight well while blind so

i said this took place in the ocean.

any way i changed the op to no knowledge

Actually now that I think about it @Mr._Bambu wouldn’t burden of proof be on you that a mental resistance to hypnosis would be a species trait rather than a resistance for Ben? After all I could use this train of reasoning to give other Necrofiggians like Fridge a resistance to hypnosis, despite being a different person altogether. If it were some physical hax then I’d agree that it’d be a species trait but something that doesn’t target Ben’s form but the mind that’s controlling said form has no business being stopped by a trait of said species by default. If one were to extend this reasoning you could give every Saiyan in Dragon Ball a resistance to mind control based on Vegeta resisting it and for instance every Cindaquil in Pokémon if a single trained Cindaquil resisted it and all that as a default assumption.
No. Burden of proof is on you to prove he has a resistance. Something you did not do. You stated he has it, and then added doubt to the claim, and literally never backed it up once. If you can provide proof that Walkatrout resists, then you should do so. I don't know what to tell you bud.

No. Burden of proof is on you to prove he has a resistance. Something you did not do. You stated he has it, and then added doubt to the claim, and literally never backed it up once. If you can provide proof that Walkatrout resists, then you should do so. I don't know what to tell you bud.

what about the bare knowledge thing i mentioned (though i removed that in the op)

It'd help, but we're still dealing in the realms of essentially 10-C fish vs 10-C fish. Even knowing about the ability doesn't cause some advantage from it to exist, since all that means is Trout can choose to... what, never look during the fight? That's still an advantage.

Do you want the scan of Big Chill resisting? Look if I prove that Big Chill resists then we need to make a decision here, either I can assume per default that every member of his species resists it or I can assume per default that Walkatrout resists it. Pick one, but I’d like some reasoning behind it. Cause last I checked we don’t scale all resistances between members of the same species per default.

You can assume many things. I want your proof that Trout resists. You can't say "you need to prove the Occam's Razor here, so if you don't, I will assume the one that makes them more powerful". Christsake.

The thread is done and grace is finished, make a CRT or don't, I truly don't care. Closing/adding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back