• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A pathetic stupid walking fish vs a Fish Eye (Walkatrout vs a Floating Eye) (0 votes left)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally said with the Big Chill example that it’s practically impossible for the resistance to be based on his form.

Aye, and you established earlier that such a statement is questionable. Inconsistent answers lead me to believe that it ain't provably a Ben resistance.

Aye, and you established earlier that such a statement is questionable. Inconsistent answers lead me to believe that it ain't provably a Ben resistance.
What? Show me the inconsistency? My main problem is that it isn’t on Big Chill’s page yet and that you can argue that Whampire’s feat is dependent on his species. Leaving me with only one feat to argue Ben resists, but that one feat is still more than enough since it’s practically impossible for a prey to resist an ability of it’s natural predator because that’s not how food chains work.

What? Show me the inconsistency? My main problem is that it isn’t on Big Chill’s page yet and that you can argue that Whampire’s feat is dependent on his species. Leaving me with only one feat to argue Ben resists, but that one feat is still more than enough since it’s practically impossible for a prey to resist an ability of it’s natural predator because that’s not how food chains work.
What weird arguments these are. Prey develop countermeasures all the time lol. If you can't bring evidence of Walkatrout resisting a comparable effect, then my vote remains hypnotism gg.

gonna be honest idrc if it gets on the files or not lol

What weird arguments these are. Prey develop countermeasures all the time lol. If you can't bring evidence of Walkatrout resisting a comparable effect, then my vote remains hypnotism gg.
How doesn't this indicate he thinks Eye wins lol?

I did say I was leaning towards the eye over the trout though

I voted already.

I mean prey shouldn’t resist the one thing that makes it inferior to it’s natural predator or else the predator’s species would have died out a long time ago + none of Ben’s aliens resist anything from their natural predators aside from Big Chill which should thus be tied to Ben’s willpower. Granted it seems Hypnotick’s species is in fact on the verge of dying out but I think it has to do with them being the replacement for drugs in the B10 universe essentially.

The eye FRA
Why do you keep promoting your threads by messaging them on other member’s profiles?

The eye FRA
Why do you keep promoting your threads by messaging them on other member’s profiles?
pretty much everyone does this tbf

If walkatrout can somehow avoid eye contact, he could potetially one-shot the floating eye (at the end, is just a ~30 cm long fish) in one bite; even if it does not avoid eye contact, it will take a good time for the floating eye to cause a notable damage to walkatrout (as the fish attacks are weaker than a cat's). If the paralysis is only last as long eye contact is made, then it can easily avoided once the source of the paralysis is known.

If walkatrout is straight up resistent to mental effects (although didn't see the proof in the profile), then this fight may very well be an stomp.
i said that the trout has bare knowledge does this change anything? (i said bare not full knowledge)

If it has knowledge about the hipnotic gaze, then it would be easy to avoid it; sure, he would need to close its eyes and blind fight, but considering that the eye fish has no other way of attacking nor is intelligent, deal with it wouldn't be that troublesome.

Although, it would be kind of unfair since the floating eyes has only animalistic thoughts, and wouldn't agin nothing by having former knowledge (mostly cuz can't due anything with that knowledge).

If it has knowledge about the hipnotic gaze, then it would be easy to avoid it; sure, he would need to close its eyes and blind fight, but considering that the eye fish has no other way of attacking nor is intelligent, deal with it wouldn't be that troublesome.

Although, it would be kind of unfair since the floating eyes has only animalistic thoughts, and wouldn't agin nothing by having former knowledge (mostly cuz can't due anything with that knowledge).
Eh, can Trout really fight while blind?
Ik it would be fairly nimble but like that's on land so how would it be underwater?
Plus what prevents the Eye from slapping it multiple times, if Trout opens his eyes he gets hypnotised and as mentioned there's no proof he can fight well while blind so

I believe he can't fight well while blinded, but with human intelligence, limbs and superior size (that would also suggest higher AP as neither have feat by their own) is enough to compensate that, isn't not like the floating eye will kill him in few bites.

Walkatrout can just turn around and kick the eye with it’s feet. Big Chill also used it’s wings to avoid the hypnosis for instance so Ben’s aware on how to deal with this kind of stuff. Also when it comes to combat experience even a blind Ben should edge out by a mile or so against some eye with animalistic thoughts.

Actually now that I think about it @Mr._Bambu wouldn’t burden of proof be on you that a mental resistance to hypnosis would be a species trait rather than a resistance for Ben? After all I could use this train of reasoning to give other Necrofiggians like Fridge a resistance to hypnosis, despite being a different person altogether. If it were some physical hax then I’d agree that it’d be a species trait but something that doesn’t target Ben’s form but the mind that’s controlling said form has no business being stopped by a trait of said species by default. If one were to extend this reasoning you could give every Saiyan in Dragon Ball a resistance to mind control based on Vegeta resisting it and for instance every Cindaquil in Pokémon if a single trained Cindaquil resisted it and all that as a default assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back