• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new wiki statistics page

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

I have asked my highest available boss for permission, and been allowed to share a new page that details our wiki statistics with the rest of the staff that have access to it:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Analytics

An important note though: I have also been told that we are allowed to share data and screenshots, but not via public image hosts, so please do not upload them here, on Imgur, or elsewhere, just discuss the data in private if necessary. Thank you.

I think that the page is only available for bureaucrats, administrators, and maybe content moderators though.

My apologies for not being allowed to share the data publicly.

Still, for those of you who can access it, please check our 5th most popular search term...

Yeah, me as well. You can chat about it with other administrators and bureaucrats at least.

Yup. Can confirm that Calc Group Members can't see it at least.

This content mod can't see squat, so...

Oh well. It is what it is.

Okay. Sorry about that. However, I was told that administrators are allowed to share data and screenshots, but not do so via public image hosts, so if other staff members talk with them via chat sessions, they can tell you information.

It is probably safest to not share screenshots to non-staff even in private though, as then others can potentially upload them elsewhere.

Well, not everything mentioned in the blog is there in the analytics page.

Which parts did they leave out? Maybe it isn't finished yet?

I don't see

Number of visitors (broken down by new and returning)

Logged in vs out edits (per day)

Top editors

Active editors

Okay. I will ask about it.

I have been told that the Gamepedia wikis display more information than the Fandom ones, so there has been a small misunderstanding.

The main information blog post has apparently been updated.

Aye, I check it from time to time to see how the wiki is doing. Couldn't stop myself from commenting ovo. Good to see everything is going good tho.

Back