• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A mailbox fights an amputee {PENDING REVISIONS}

Unless the eating is instantly lethal, Tempest would just one-shot from the inside, assuming she doesn't blast before then.

Unless the eating is instantly lethal, Tempest would just one-shot from the inside, assuming she doesn't blast before then.
But isn't the obsidian orb a gas? I don't think she would use it if it can end up affecting her seeing as to how she would end up in an enclosed space. And even then, the inside of Noshka is a pocket reality that even if petrified, can take very long periods of time to be fully affected.

Also doesn't she start with magic burst?

Anyway let's just wait for @Armorchompy to get here since he is knowledgeable on the verse

Noshka just pokes and one-shots I think. It's been a while so this is not fully reliable but in combat I think Noshka mostly tackles and stuff.

But isn't the obsidian orb a gas? I don't think she would use it if it can end up affecting her seeing as to how she would end up in an enclosed space. And even then, the inside of Noshka is a pocket reality that even if petrified, can take very long periods of time to be fully affected.

Also doesn't she start with magic burst?

Anyway let's just wait for @Armorchompy to get here since he is knowledgeable on the verse
I think she'd be more inclined to magic blast and one-shot a random animal than throw an obsidian orb, she only did those against the princesses, who she can't one-shot. Also, depending on how big the pocket dimension is, it might not even work.

MLP Low 2-Cs are powerful enough to kill baseline 2-Cs when working together. That's why they have an "at least" rating.

I dunno, this shit is pretty arbitrary one way or the other. Ill ask on Discord.
I always thought 2-C backscaling was allowed. I know people objected to half 2-C, but they always postfaced it with "That just means you backscale to 2-C" or something similar.

But the 2-C they backscale to is baseline. How can you backscale to be lower than the baseline while still somehow being baseline?

You can be below the baseline of an infinite tier. How do you think characters that downscale from High 3-A or Low 2-C work?

shit someone fixed the scan for the ap justification on the john clowder characters before me
Following for now.

You can be below the baseline of an infinite tier. How do you think characters that downscale from High 3-A or Low 2-C work?
So wait, does that mean the half 2-C profiles should just be 2-C outright as well? Because we have a lot of those, and I'm not sure if this is something that would just affect MLP.

I feel like the idea is probably that they just don't scale to the feat. But idk

Hmm, well now I'm not sure what to do. I want to continue the thread, but without more input on the whole backscaling thing I'm not sure. I think I'll wait for your Discord responses if you haven't gotten them already.

Two responses, both variations on "I don't think it works that way"

I was following the thread anyway. So, uh, Noshka one-shots?

If you think the character should scale, make a CRT to upgrade them to 2-C. As is, they sure as **** don't so drop this argument already

I've actually been doing some thinking on this, so I'll just ask: Where was it established anywhere that 2-C and Low 2-C are infinite tiers? Is it because infinitely above baseline Low 2-Cs exist?

If you think the character should scale, make a CRT to upgrade them to 2-C. As is, they sure as **** don't so drop this argument already
If I recall the downscaling was via surviving a mere few seconds from the attack and then dying so yeah, it's enough to keep them at Low 2-C

But anyway, even if Noshka does one-shot, Tempest also has a method of performing a one-shot as well via her bombs. If she manages to dodge and see her attack no-selling Noshka, she'll probably use it.

It's basically a smoke bomb that releases gas which petrifies anyone that comes into contact with it

Oh my ******* god, I don't know and I don't care, I know we treat it that way and that is more than enough for me.

Woah, relax. There is zero reason for you to start getting aggressive or annoyed over this. All I'm trying to do is figure this out. I was under the impression that unquantifiable Low 2-C via 2-C backscaling was a thing. If I'm being told this isn't actually the case, then I'm just trying to sort this stuff out. It's not like the qna thread was useful with its one comment. No one's even interested in the dumb thing.

Last edited:
Just take it to the QnA thread posted above as to avoid clogging up this thread
Maybe if people would actually respond to the thing. But hey, sure, I'll waste my precious time bumping a thread no one is interested in over and over and over again.

Don't take that as directed at you. Just a bit of venting since I'm getting a feel for how this thread is working out. If people actually cared they'd comment more.

Back