• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A leper naga against a summoner maiden (Ras Nsi vs Weiss Schnee)

Alright so I checked Blindness Deafness and it both lacks range and casting speed

However, Blight is instantaneous to cast and if I recall, it does the same type of damage as finger of death (Necrotic Damage) so take that as you will

It still lacks range but at least it's not getting outpaced
Necrotic shit is soul manip but it's still just damage barring a handful of side effects not immediately relevant to combat.

For an earlier point: "is that taken as an automatic paralysis or is it something that can be resisted?"

I don't know what you're getting at here, so I'll assume you're asking timeframe. Yeah, a ghoul's touch is pretty much automatic.

As for Saves, those are forms of layered resistances. Characters from other verses are not shown to resist Paralysis so we don't really just offer them the same game mechanics D&D works by, that's not how any verse works lol. So unless Weiss has feats of resisting paralysis, she cannot resist the Ghoul's touch, and her only actual hope would be to just... not get hit by one.

Shan't vote on the match but just making some shit clear.

For an earlier point: "is that taken as an automatic paralysis or is it something that can be resisted?"

I don't know what you're getting at here, so I'll assume you're asking timeframe. Yeah, a ghoul's touch is pretty much automatic.

As for Saves, those are forms of layered resistances. Characters from other verses are not shown to resist Paralysis so we don't really just offer them the same game mechanics D&D works by, that's not how any verse works lol. So unless Weiss has feats of resisting paralysis, she cannot resist the Ghoul's touch, and her only actual hope would be to just... not get hit by one.
Ah okay gotcha, she doesnt have a resistance to paralysis but she does have a workaround with her summons

Nsi summoning do not even seems very useful to be honest. Animate Dead requires 1 minute casting an raw materials such a corpse or bones to animate one (1) zombie or an skeleton, and the range of the spell is 3 meters, and can't sent command to undead beyond 20 meters. Meanwhile Create Undead also requires a 1 minute of casting to lift three (3) ghouls, three corpses to animate not beyond 3 meters, and be casted at night, and can't command beyond 40 meters. They are in the Grand Canyon, at much he can find some bones, animal bones.

Knowing how limited those spells are, how much time it takes Weiss to summon? And how many individuals can summon at in one go? And for how much can keep sending summonings before running out of gas?

Nsi summoning do not even seems very useful to be honest. Animate Dead requires 1 minute casting an raw materials such a corpse or bones to animate one (1) zombie or an skeleton, and the range of the spell is 3 meters, and can't sent command to undead beyond 20 meters. Meanwhile Create Undead also requires a 1 minute of casting to lift three (3) ghouls, three corpses to animate not beyond 3 meters, and be casted at night, and can't command beyond 40 meters. They are in the Grand Canyon, at much he can find some bones, animal bones.

Knowing how limited those spells are, how much time it takes Weiss to summon? And how many individuals can summon at in one go? And for how much can keep sending summonings before running out of gas?
Yeah that's fair, it does seem unlikely he'd stand still for a minute. It's just his go-to thing when he's planning a fight.

A few seconds and she can do so on the move. She currently has only shown the ability to summon one at a time but her go-to summons (Arma Gigas and Queen Lancer) are both much stronger than she is. And she doesnt really constantly send in summons, she really only ever summons one to two per fight and they just stick around due to how strong they tend to be, while weiss fights alongside them with her main arsenal of glyphs and elemental attacks

A few seconds and she can do so on the move. She currently has only shown the ability to summon one at a time but her go-to summons (Arma Gigas and Queen Lancer) are both much stronger than she is. And she doesnt really constantly send in summons, she really only ever summons one to two per fight and they just stick around due to how strong they tend to be, while weiss fights alongside them with her main arsenal of glyphs and elemental attacks
Well, summoning one powerful being in seconds is better to summon a couple of weaklings through a relatively long ritual.

The other chances that Nsi possesses is using polymorph to turn Weiss into a harmless animal, although in order to keep the transformation Nsi requires concentration and can't make use of any spell and every time it receives damage run the risk of dispeling the spell; it should work as long Weiss has not summoned something, but otherwise it will fall short.

Next is blinding her, but the range of the spell is limited, plus, not sure what's the magnitude of Weiss AoE attacks, but if she desesperates she could freeze the surroundings, reducing the effectivity of the blindness. If Weiss already summoned, then the use of the spell is even more limited.

Last edited:
Well, summoning one powerful being in seconds is better to summon a couple of weaklings through a relatively long ritual.

The other chances that Nsi possesses is using polymorph to turn Weiss into a harmless animal, although in order to keep the transformation Nsi requires concentration and can't make use of any spell and every time it receives damage run the risk of dispeling the spell; it should be fine if Weiss has summed something, but otherwise it will fall short.

Next is blinding her, but the range of the spell is limited, plus, not sure what's the magnitude of Weiss AoE attacks, but if she desesperates she could freeze the surroundings, reducing the effectivity of the blindness. If Weiss already summoned, then the use of the spell is even more limited.
To be frank I don't think the polymorph weaknesses apply. Concentration is fairly easy to deal with in a 1v1. So yeah, only if Weiss has summoned the thing and being transformed into a rabbit doesn't interfere with the summoning.

Why do ya say the blindness spell is more limited if she's summoned? Not sure I understand your thought process.

Why do ya say the blindness spell is more limited if she's summoned? Not sure I understand your thought process.
Basically Nsi would need to deal with whatever she summons, and Weiss would remain safe for the time being.

She does seems to have Enhanced Senses with her aura, but I not sure if that is enough to reduce the effects of blinding.

Ah, gotcha. I wasn't sure if you were implying some special interaction. Blindness is still a hefty loss, and even those with enhanced senses are affected unless some other sense is so developed that you can function without sight. That said, I get the impression Blight and Polymorph are the more likely go-tos for Ras, given those are his strongest spells and the man will do whatever he can to avoid a proper fight. In the void of being able to have minions ready-for-combat, that just makes the most sense given his character.

Ras fra. My own two cents counter spell should neg glyphs and his teleportation should make it much easier to get hits on her.

Back