• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A (Hopefully) Simple rewording to Superman (Original)’s note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah about that, Golden Age Superman is not comparable to Superboy-Prime, at least not during Infinite Crisis.

Golden Age Superman had his ass kicked by Prime like everybody else, nothing indicate that they were on the same level or even close.

His “Silver Age - Infinite Crisis” key would need some updating then

I need some help trimming this down:

At the start of Infinite Crisis #1, there is a 95 million-mile tear in reality at the Polaris Galaxy of Sector 2682, the new center of the universe. In Infinite Crisis #4, when Alexander Luthor activates the Cosmic Tuning Fork, his giant hands appear from the tear, the new center of the universe. Earth 2 is remade. Take note of the background and tear that Alexander's hands come out of. When Kal-L and Kal-El start and stop their fight in Infinite Crisis #5, nothing notable happens to the universe because of them. Kal-L is later used as the key to the return of the multiverse. The DC Comics webpage for Infinite Crisis Vol 1 #5 says that "The DCU shakes apart as Superman of Earth 2 finally confronts our Superman," but they aren't related by causation, just happening at the same time. Alexander Luthor is the cause. During Superman Vol 2 #226 and Adventures of Superman Vol 1 #649, the fight between the Supermen is expanded upon. Thanks to Alexander's plan, Clark misinterprets the effects, mistakenly saying that Kal-L has "a punch that breaks the world" and "can strike with such force they shatter [time]?" Both Supermen are blaming the other for the "Death Throes" of the universe. They believe that "the struggle between them has shattered the boundaries of space and time," allowing them to experience the life of the other and what-if scenarios. Kal-L did break the dimensional wall, he has not shown the same "retcon punches" as Superboy.
Maybe you could simply use the standard wiki reference function instead of spelling out all of the issues in your text itself, in order to shorten down the length of it?

There was a 95 million-mile tear in reality at the Polaris Galaxy of Sector 2682, the new center of the universe.[1] When Alexander Luthor activated the Cosmic Tuning Fork to recreate Earth-2, his giant hands appear from the tear.[2] When Kal-L and Kal-El start and stop their fight, nothing notable happens to the universe because of them.[3] Kal-L is later used as the key to the return of the multiverse. While the DC Comics webpage says "The DCU shakes apart as Superman of Earth 2 finally confronts our Superman," they aren't related by causation, just happening at the same time.[4] Alexander Luthor is the root cause. The fight between the Supermen is expanded upon. Thanks to Alexander's plan, Clark misinterprets the effects, mistakenly saying that Kal-L has "a punch that breaks the world" and "can strike with such force they shatter [time]?"[5] Both Supermen are blaming the other for the "Death Throes" of the universe. They believe that "the struggle between them has shattered the boundaries of space and time," allowing them to experience the life of the other and what-if scenarios.[6] While Kal-L did break the dimensional wall, he has not shown the same "retcon punches" as Superboy.

Thank you. That seems fine to apply to me.

Should I unlock the page for you?

There is also to consider the actions of Superboy-Prime and Alexander Luthor Jr.

The two characters did severely damage the space-time continuum even before the clash between the two Superman, with Alex splitting New Earth intro a new multiverse and Prime with his Reality Altering punches.

So how we can be sure everything Kal-L and Kar-El did was due of their own strength and not because the universe was already destabilize?
This
It should be mentioned there's no way to determine whether the continuum was collapsing because of them solely if they just contributed to it

Sorry for the late reply. I can add it later today.
Thank you. I have unlocked the page.

Have you taken Stefano's concerns into account?

I made a few minor changes, but it mostly looks good to me now:

Thank you for helping out.

Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Personally i think we should discuss about split Silver Age - Infinite Crisis Key in two.

Since as i stated before, Infinite Crisis Kal-L still be as strong as he was during the Silver Age would be inconsistent to how he was portrayed during Infinite Crisis.

As Post Crisis Superman was able to match his strength, and Prime was still consider to be far too strong to even the combine power of the heroes.

Since other Kal-L he would have easily defeated Post-Crisis, other to be able to hold Prime off alone and eventually win with the help of the others, without the need to bring Prime to Krypton's Red Sun.

That makes sense to me.

Thank you for helping out.

Yes, there is that as well.

So should we give him a new Post-Crisis tier as well?

So should we give him a new Post-Crisis tier as well?
Yes, i think we had to separate his Silver Age key to his Post Crisis key, the level of power display during Infinite Crisis its simply too different to ignore it.

Just like how we had to add an additional key to Superboy-Prime when he was fighting The Batman Who Laughs.

Yes, I agree. So an identical tier to the Post-Crisis version of Superman then?

Okay. If I unlock the page, are you willing to edit it accordingly?

Okay. Thank you. Tell me here when you are done.

Thank you. Should I close this thread then, or is there anything left to do here?

For what i see there is nothing left to add.

The note about Golden Age and Post-Crisis's clash has been updated with a better explanation and i separate his Infinite Crisis key to his Silver Age key.

Okay. I will close this then. Thanks again,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back