• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Doomed Bounty ~ Doomslayer vs. Boba Fett

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Semi sequel to this: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2424762?useskin=oasis

Jabba's henchmen swiftly carried the demonic artifacts onto their ships, moving as quickly as possible. "Move quickly, boys. Jabba's paying big money to get this stuff secured and we don't know what kind of campany to expect out here." Boba Fett said, as he touched down atop a cliff in order to oversee the whole operation from afar. Jabba had called him in as a security consultant for this little excavation operation on this backwater world off the tail end of the galaxy. He figured the place was dangerous. Guessing by the mutilated corpses of demons and the Yautja head mounted on a pike in the distance, Boba figured he was right. Suddenly a voice came in over the radio. "Requesting backup! Requesting back-" the voice was cut off by the revving of a chainsaw and a scream of agony. Boby could make out the sight of a green clad soldier tearing his way through Jabba's men. The clone flew towards the fight with his jetpack, taking potshots with his blaster along the way. Doomguy saw this and launched a homing missile at the bounty hunter before ducking behind a nearby crate to dodge the shots. Doomguy didn't know why these guys were taking demonic artifacts, but he knew that letting them get away with it was a bad idea. Boba dropped out of the sky to dodge the missle, shooting it with his blaster when it moved to follow him. Boba rolled to compensate for the fall, drawing his blaster as he came face to face with the Night Sentinel. "I don't know who you are, but I do know that you're head'll be worth a lot of credits when I bring it back to Jabba."

~

Both at 8-A. Speed Equalized.

Doomguy render
vs.
Boba Fett-0

Doomslayer is physically stronger with a higher Attack Potency advantage and much greater lifting strength, and the AP gap is further enforced if he has the Berserk Sphere. But Boba Fett does have the airborne advantage and his weapons are more advanced technology wise. I'm going to go for inconclusive for the time being, but might change my mind when more input comes.

Pretty sure Doomguy has dealt with flying enemies before.

If this is Doom Eternal Doomguy then he could just catch him in midair and break his back when they both land, splitting Boba into half.

Real talk I'm gonna write this as a Death Battle and use a similar set up if that's all goods.

Really tho I'm going to vote Doomslayer. He's MUCH stronger and hits way harder (For note he oneshots Cyberdemons that survive the BFG) as well as having much higher AP which is only compounded by his assorted Power-Ups. He would also be a more experienced fighter then Fett since he has fought for eons against Hell (An Eon's correct usage is for millions of years) which is also much higher then LITERALLY anyone Fett has ever encountered.

Now Boba does have the mobility advantage for being airborne but that is a moot point when one considers he can only remain in air for about a minute thanks to fuel (Plus it's not the most maneouvarable flight)

I mean, that's true; Lost Souls and Pain Elementals are flying enemies. But Boba Fett also has long ranged projectiles; oh yeah, I forgot that Doomslayer's is definitely more experienced. And considering this version of Boba fell in the Sarlacc three times, he's gonna come down to fight Doomslayer, who would overpower him hand to hand. I switch over to Doomslayer, but Boba Fett will at least last a good while considering he's technically got a bit of a stone wall status.

...Does anyone know if we're able to convert heat to joules at all?

Because there's something from DOOM 2016 that I want to compare to SW blaster technology before I make a call, if possible.

I thought there was a 7-C calc in 2016 actually.

Plus I feel like Doomslayer in the next game would get his own key since it's an upgraded suit

Yes, but there were some notable issues with that 7-C BFG calc. However, Doomslayer is Multi-City Block level+ scaling from The Titan, who is that strong via sheer size.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Heat to Joules depends on the element being heated up.
What if it's just the specific stated heat of say, a laser?

Reason I ask is because the UAC is confirmed in the game's Codex entries to have access to at least one "2 megakelvin cutting laser" which they used to test on Argent Energy directly, and it's stated that the same UAC deemed the Slayer's Praetor Armor to be completely impervious to everything they had after extensive testing. (which would have almost certainly included using the aforementioned cutting laser)

Just going by general naming convention, "2 megakelvin" would equal "2 million Kelvin" or, if you prefer, 2,000,000 degrees Celsius. I feel like we might be able to get decent numbers off that, if it can be converted to energy. It would also make it much easier to determine whether or not Boba's weapons would so much as scratch Doom's armor.

Not sure tbh; not sure how converting general heat to energy works. Like force to energy, I think heat to energy needs to be something else; I know it's a similar concept to Watts though. But not sure about heat; it probably depends on time the heat lasts or time spent in the heat or something along those lines. Probably better to ask DonTalk though.

DT didn't have an answer, so I guess that's a dead end.

Still, I think Doom can take this for the reasons that were already outlined. He's stronger by a massive degree, and the majority of what Boba can do, Doom has seen before and dealt with.

Yeah, I also agree Doomslayer takes this

His AP is better as Boba backscales from MCB+ from a very casual Vader, He's got much more versatility, expirience, and has dealt with flying enemies before multiple times

He takes this with relative ease tbh

Descisive, Doom doesn't have any ridiculously good regen and Boba can literally just shoot him to death, it's just his expirience and Dura will make it hard

Not a stomp at all

I'd also go for doomguy FRA. The guy can jump really far in game, and if we let him have the grapple hook shown in eternal that's yet another day for him to get there.

I think we actually has 7 votes, Mr King did vote right. Xtasyamphetamine, HellBeast1, DarkDragoMedeus, MrKingOfNegativity, Schnee One, ABoogieYesSir, and Wokistan make 7. So it's been concluded and I think can be added now. 7th vote was more than 24 hours ago.

Since this was technically concluded 3 days ago, I went ahead and added the matches. I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back