• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Doomed America ~ Doomguy vs. Captain America

I'm pretty sure thousands of years of experience beating up a species that has conquered whole civilizations with nothing but a sword is going to give you a lot of skill. That's kind of how experience works.

The Wright Way said:
I'm pretty sure thousands of years of experience beating up a species that has conquered whole civilizations with nothing but a sword is going to give you a lot of skill. That's kind of how experience works.
https://m.imgur.com/a/vEesj (The Gauntlet) https://m.imgur.com/a/vEesj (Masters a fighting style he sees for the first time and is stated to already be better than those practicing for decades) https://m.imgur.com/a/6b9UN (Beats down Cache who states to have catalogued every fighting style known) https://m.imgur.com/zes9XRY (Blocks gunshots aimed at his head and feat) And also no experience doesn't work quite like that, it does add a good amount of skill but not enough, also I have more combat feats so what I listed above is just a small sample

The first one is something Doomguy has seemingly done for millenia vs a larger amount of opponents, the second one links the same set of scans.

The third link has this golden line "All the knowledge in the word doesn't mean squat-- When you're up against someone Faster, Stronger, and better Trained... which helps me confirm my bias that "skill" is BS in the first place.

The fourth link is a speed feat, Cap is supposed to be MHS aka hundreds of times faster than most bullets so it's not even something noteworthy, much less as a skill feat.

So after reading all of this thread and all respective arguments, I'm going to have to also vote inconclusive.

While Doom Slayer has at minimum thousands of years of experience of fighting, Cap has skill to keep up with it and has fought beings of similar experience before (boxing Thor to a standstill is the first example to come to mind).

Doom Slayer's guns don't really work because of the shield and Cap being used to deflecting bullets, so Slayer's biggest advantage is useless unless he can outsmart Cap, which doesn't seem likely.

Slayer can't break Cap's shield, but with his higher lifting strength, he can rip it out of Cap's arms. However, that is something Cap has definitely dealt with before.

Ultimately, I think this fight would come down to a bare-fisted brawl between the two of them, no shield and no guns. So it's between a super soldier who has mastered hundreds of martial arts against a super soldier who spent centuries punching and slicing his way through the demon civilization. I don't know which way it could go

The only possible way I can think there could be a definitive win here is either Cap gets a lucky shot with his shield, Doom Slayer ripping off Cap's arm while yanking the shield away (Unlikely, but could be possible), or Slayer's stamina outlasting Cap's (I think it's implied Doom Slayer never stopped fighting to rest before he was imprisoned, but I could be wrong).

Right now, I'm staying Inconclusive until something more definitive comes along.

Just went through and counted the votes:

Cap: 2 (Zell, Smashor)

Doom Slayer: 1 (John)

Incon: 8 (Wokistan, Schnee, Jimboy, Newendigo, Cueio, Keeweed, Js250476, Sorvoe)

We had 7 for Incon five days ago, but we can start a grace now since no one announced it

AguilaR101 said:
The first one is something Doomguy has seemingly done for millenia vs a larger amount of opponents, the second one links the same set of scans.
The third link has this golden line "All the knowledge in the word doesn't mean squat-- When you're up against someone Faster, Stronger, and better Trained... which helps me confirm my bias that "skill" is BS in the first place.

The fourth link is a speed feat, Cap is supposed to be MHS aka hundreds of times faster than most bullets so it's not even something noteworthy, much less as a skill feat.
First fighting experience =/= martial art knowledge. The guy Cap fought with knew lots of flashy moves, sure he did, but he didn't truly master them.
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee.

Meanwhile, Doom Guy has foughthis one man war in Hell for aeons, against multiple foes at once, and I don't think they produce ammunation in hell so his HTH combat experience is far superior than a Cap.

Secondly, arcoding to |UAC reports he has the power to absorb the soul of the fallen foes. "For he alone could magically draw strength from his fallen foes, and ever his power grew, swift and unrelenting." Then after slaying countless foes, his speed and strength was much greater than Cap's.

Their fight could conclude as this:

Throwing a glance at the blood and entrails-soaked soldier, Steve quickly dash towards his opponent and with a swiftly slam his shield into the unreasonable soldier's face, hoping his bash is just enough to knock him unconciousness. He feels a bang of guilt as he has some respect for his opponent after their previous co-operation.

" The bloody carnage and the loss of his comrades must have made him gone mad. I'll buy him a coffee once he wakes up in a nice, comfy hospital room" - Steve thinks.

But to Steve's surprise, his assault didn't seem to have much affect on the strange soldier, only a small dent is left behind where his shield previously strike. " UAC armor seems to be better than I give them credit".
He smiles, readies for combat and throw himself at his opponent.

The two fighters fought, although without a word, they seemed to have a secret agreement: don't kill the other.
Doom Slayer only aims at Captain's feet and arms, hoping to wound the soldier and quickly end the fight before more demon reinforcement arrive. But his opponent was skillful, and his shield seemed to be made from some magical material that can repel most bullets, even when Doom Slayer empty his BFG on it, all he could is to leave some small, unsignificant damage on the impenetrable shield.
Captain's handgun could not damage Doom Slayer's armor either, so the two process to pummel one another with bare fists.
At first, Cap speed and grace helps him to outmaneuver Doom Slayer, but Doom Slayer stamina and endurance slowly turn the tide of the fight. After a lengthy tug of war, Doom Slayer emerges victorious.

Yanking the shield from his opponent hand, Doom Slayer steps foward, grabs the Argent Cannister and throw it out of the window into the valley, hundreds of meter below.
Just when Cap was able to get on his feet, his ear caught a loud, creepy cry of demonic forces. They have come again. Naturally, Doom Slayer and Captain America found themselves fight side by side again, against the legion of Hell.

"

Nice idea, but we have no idea how it would go, so that's why it Inconclusive. The thread was concluded and can be added

Back