• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A discussion on Youpi's Rage Blast calcs (Hunter x Hunter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to everybody who are helping out here.

Damage has evaluated my calculation, and it was approved. Is it fine to substitute the calculation from the verse page then?

If CloverDragon agrees, I think it's fine.
Would you be willing to tell me which Calculation on the verse page involves calc stacking? I'm planning on a downgrade CRT soon, so it would really help me to have this information

Would you be willing to tell me which Calculation on the verse page involves calc stacking? I'm planning on a downgrade CRT soon, so it would really help me to have this information
I think GodlyCharmander's calc for Netero may fall under that but I'll double-check.

Also.... I know we've already moved on from the Pitou discussion, but just to bring up one last factor that may be relevant... Pitou was about 500 meters away from the palace. Not 2000 meters away.

I'm really glad I found this page because some of you guys were considering me crazy for not accepting that Pitou's En was 2000 meters long in that scene.

I think GodlyCharmander's calc for Netero may fall under that but I'll double-check.

Also.... I know we've already moved on from the Pitou discussion, but just to bring up one last factor that may be relevant... Pitou was about 500 meters away from the palace. Not 2000 meters away.

I'm really glad I found this page because some of you guys were considering me crazy for not accepting that Pitou's En was 2000 meters long in that scene.
So should we downgrade netero's feat and while we at it remove the gon calc that uses 1/220 timeframe?

I think I know which one you mean. I was looking through them yesterday and it was really the only one that appeared to CS.

I don't think it's one of the unallowed applications of calc stacking, but it is that.

Now that's an irrefutable debunk. I missed it because I was reading japanese colored (for visuals only)

It's not that one. This has an inaccurate eye sight timeframe, I'll be removing it after making a new calc for Yorkshin level characters.
Yeah, that's what I was referring to

You should honestly make a general discussion thread for all this stuff, so we can debate and come to a conclusion before we make a crt

Now that's an irrefutable debunk. I missed it because I was reading japanese colored (for visuals only)
Yup. I still maintain my logic was sound - but this page would have made all the discussion redundant if only I had found it sooner, lol.

Grrreat, I'll be applying it to the verse page and Youpi's page respectively.
Thanks.

I will go under the assumption that Meruem's upscaling remains unchanged, as it's a mere 1.17x difference.

I don't think that just "Meruem is superior to Youpi" is enough to justify the upscaling here. Unfortunately their only interactions was a casual smacking from Meruem but I would just give him an "At least X" rating for scaling to Youpi rather than upscaling.

(Also, a hit from Meruem with intent to kill didn't one-shot Pitou, so that's further evidence against him completely upscaling here)

I don't think that just "Meruem is superior to Youpi" is enough to justify the upscaling here. Unfortunately their only interactions was a casual smacking from Meruem but I would just give him an "At least X" rating for scaling to Youpi rather than upscaling.
Other than this implied superiority, we also have the fact that Meruem's stats in Togashi's guides are too high to be measured, while Pitou - his strongest guard - is measurable.
(Also, a hit from Meruem with intent to kill didn't one-shot Pitou, so that's further evidence against him completely upscaling here)
Meruem was unaware of Neferpitou's strength, he then adjusted it to casually smack the other guards, working against the more physically durable Youpi far better. He also threatened to one shot Shaiapouf.

Meruem was unaware of Neferpitou's strength, he then adjusted it to casually smack the other guards, working against the more physically durable Youpi far better. He also threatened to one shot Shaiapouf.
True - but regarding killing Shaiapouf, that would presumably be without Shaiapouf defending himself in any way since he was voluntarily going to his death. You or I could "one-shot" another person under the right conditions such as if they weren't defending themselves.

True - but regarding killing Shaiapouf, that would presumably be without Shaiapouf defending himself in any way since he was voluntarily going to his death. You or I could "one-shot" another person under the right conditions such as if they weren't defending themselves.
That is fair enough.

Anyway, I'm done here.

That's arguable. At least in Pitou and Adult Gon's case. I can't find the exact statement at this moment but there's a panel where Kurapika is talking about Nen condition and he says something along the lines of "You could increase your power by anywhere from 2 to 10 times over, maybe even more". Like I said Ill need to find the quote but this would definitely justify the upscale in Pitou's and Gon's case

That's arguable. At least in Pitou and Adult Gon's case. I can't find the exact statement at this moment but there's a panel where Kurapika is talking about Nen condition and he says something along the lines of "You could increase your power by anywhere from 2 to 10 times over, maybe even more". Like I said Ill need to find the quote but this would definitely justify the upscale in Pitou's and Gon's case
If we had something as explicit as this we'd have it applied already.
No, the line was said by Kurapika's master, and it said that a condition can increase the potency of an ability or power output exponentially, which we consider as "at least 2".

No, the line was said by Kurapika's master, and it said that a condition can increase the potency of an ability or power output exponentially, which we consider as "at least 2".
That right there is enough info for an upscale as is

Found it
This should be enough evidence to at least maintain the current upscaling, considering the condition was literally her death

Found it
This should be enough evidence to at least maintain the current upscaling, considering the condition was literally her death

The statement is about people getting Nen in general. A Non-Nen user gets many times or even tenfold his usual power when he gets even the most basic Nen ability. This isn't usable for anyone.

By the way, "could" and "will" are two different statements, as we learned today.
It's post mortem nen
No one scales to Post-Mortem Pitou other than Adult Gon's Jajanken ,she sliced through Adult Gon's arm like butter (although seemingly Gon let her) and the latter had to incapacitate her to finish her off

Furthermore, the conditions only gave her commands to make her corpse change the threats to the king until she couldn't move.

The statement is about people getting Nen in general. A Non-Nen user gets many times or even tenfold his usual power when he gets even the most basic Nen ability. This isn't usable for anyone.

By the way, "could" and "will" are two different statements, as we learned today.

No one scales to Post-Mortem Pitou other than Adult Gon's Jajanken ,she sliced through Adult Gon's arm like butter (although seemingly Gon let her) and the latter had to incapacitate her to finish her off

Furthermore, the conditions only gave her commands to make her corpse change the threats to the king until she couldn't move.
Reading comprehension, just one panel before he was talking about conditions and the next panel he is describing how an ability "Even a basic one" can get that much more powerful after using conditions. This is why he says there's a vast difference between Nen users and non Nen users. He then says "Therefore this creates a vast difference in battle power" ""Therefore"" of course referencing the ability multiplication given by conditions he previously stated.

Also Gon is 100% above Post-Mortem Nen Pitou. Like you said he could have let her do it, but also Piercing damage is a thing in this verse. Killua was able to harm Machi with a technique almost exactly like Pitou's even though she was more powerful than him at the time. There's also the fact that he stopped a full power charge from her corpse with a punch, no JaJanken included. So there's no debate that Adult Gon > Post-Mortem Pitou.

Reading comprehension, just one panel before he was talking about conditions and the next panel he is describing how an ability "Even a basic one" can get that much more powerful after using conditions. This is why he says there's a vast difference between Nen users and non Nen users. He then says "Therefore this creates a vast difference in battle power" ""Therefore"" of course referencing the ability multiplication given by conditions he previously stated.
We're not debating this here, thread is over. Could and will are still very different words.
Also Gon is 100% above Post-Mortem Nen Pitou. Like you said he could have let her do it, but also Piercing damage is a thing in this verse. Killua was able to harm Machi with a technique almost exactly like Pitou's even though she was more powerful than him at the time. There's also the fact that he stopped a full power charge from her corpse with a punch, no JaJanken included. So there's no debate that Adult Gon > Post-Mortem Pitou.
And who exactly told you Machi was physically stronger than Killua?

I really don't care for this. Don't bring this kind of stuff in my upcoming downgrade thread (it will be unrelated, after all)

All this discussion about Post-Mortem Nen and Conditions sounds like it belongs in another thread. Not here.

If the calc has been added, shall this thread be closed?

Also it's generally better to look at official translations. This one clarifies that it just means a Nen user is many times stronger than a non-Nen user.
Everyone knows that official translation tend to omit or even mistranslate certain info. I'm not saying this is the case here but the site my translation is from *********** has been known to translate more accurately than the official Viz translation. I will bring this up to a translator before I make a CRT or debate tho

Okay. Is it fine if we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back