• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A discussion on Youpi's Rage Blast calcs (Hunter x Hunter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one with the tower? I think that depends on which page you're using, because Pitou's En is still 'travelling' as it were and reaching upwards, meaning it may not have gotten to its full length yet.
turn to page 4 on my pixelscaling imgur Scans. I used the one where it already extended! The tower came up to 31m, which is very reasonable.

CU5vw6l_d.webp

Ahh, I missed that one. Thanks.

But a 31 meter diameter for the width of that tower doesn't seem very likely when you compare it here
Weird angle is weird. Not sure we can measure that one.
Yeah, I got 21.9m from that. Sadge.
t2Ll4wP.png

Doesn't seem a good one to use, Pitou is drawn as a stick figure for the funni.

Either way, even at 21m, we get a crater of 117m.

I get 21.7m when comparing Meruem to it as well, using his estimated height of 169cm (Estimated by the community).

o8wXNwp.png

We can use that, right?

I'll be rereading some of the chapters of the manga soon, doing a bit of investigation. At the moment I don't have any firm conclusions.
Okay. No problem. Thank you for helping out.

I know what this CGM is trying to do.

On the Pitou method, they're trying to discredit the stated size of one of the denominators, so the method is invalidated. Then when I switch to the tunnel method, they will claim that the map is just representative and not scaled to size, thus making the palace scaling invalid and forcing us to use the Youpi method again.
Then they'll try to convince us to use the shortest representation of Youpi, leading back to their own calc.

Very questionable line of reasoning. But let me get ahead of you and state that we will not be switching methods at all. The Youpi height is not going to be what we use to compare the size of the crater, no matter how hard one tries to convince us to do it.
He is right tho? On all points.

Oh BTW I didn't really get an answer on it as far as I rember

Could these panels be used for scaling the depth of the crater:

I don't have a problem with that, though it also depends on which overhead shot you're using.

This one results in a diameter of 91.3 meters by my estimate:

s5z55jw.jpg
Well, if you agree, then we will adjust the calcs. Between the three panels, I believe the middle one (where both are seeing the same same "dimension" horizontally) is the best one, since it had the best angle.

Oh BTW I didn't really get an answer on it as far as I rember

Could these panels be used for scaling the depth of the crater:

Not really, we can measure the diagonal length from the bottom to the edge. I'll figure it out, don't worry.

It's stated that by using Ko one can amp there attack by "Dozens of Times" I think it's fairly solid except for the Ken scaling
Hey! We've reached an agreement. Please refer to these pixelscalings.
o8wXNwp.png

cF7AIVn.png

Meruem is using his estimated size of 169cm (also used for other calculations involving him).

We should adjust them accordingly.

I believe that the crater depth should also be pixelscaled instead of using 18% or 25% of the crater's diameter.
The shot we currently use doesn't allow for this, unfortunately.

Neither does the shot where Youpi is in it. I will try to triangulate the height with the scans given by @Hk1488.

If the issue is the cut-off portion of the crater, that can be taken into account like this:

ONUiJik.jpg
Oh no, the angle is apparently not suited for an accurate measurement according to @CloverDragon03

Triangulation involves slight assumption (assuming an elavation), but it should give us an accurate result.

Using simple triangulation, given radius is 60.5m, and the angle of elevation a reasonable 20°, the height comes off as 22.3m. That is considerably less than 0.25x the diameter.
STxNGLz.png

Personally, the elevation seems very narrow, so anything above 20-25° feels incorrect on paper.

Calculating the pixel on the crater size seems to give off results around 15-17m? Given how the angle is not perfect for this measurement (and I mean that objectively), the height will certainly be hindered.

Pixel scaling is probably best since the angle isn't exactly perfect here
If the issue is the cut-off portion of the crater, that can be taken into account like this:

ONUiJik.jpg

I have updated the calculation.

The reason why it's still at such level is because the old calculator provided by @CloverDragon03 used the radius of the full sphere, instead of the cap base radius. Meaning even the 387 KT result was likely Low 7-B. I have adjusted this with Omni Calculator. Please, if you could evaluate it.

Ugh, back again to assuming heights I see
When it was favoring your Youpi height I didn't see you complaining. Meruem has an estimated height widely accepted in the Hunter x Hunter fandom, since he's obviously short than your average male, let's not get preachy over this very solid estimate (which we currently accept as valid since past calcs have used it).

The reason why it's still at such level is because the old calculator provided by @CloverDragon03 used the radius of the full sphere, instead of the cap base radius. Meaning even the 387 KT result was likely Low 7-B. I have adjusted this with Omni Calculator. Please, if you could evaluate it.
So are we not going with explosion crater dimension anymore?

When it was favoring your Youpi height I didn't see you complaining. Meruem has an estimated height widely accepted in the Hunter x Hunter fandom, since he's obviously short than your average male, let's not get preachy over this very solid estimate (which we currently accept as valid since past calcs have used it).
Obviously Meruem's height Is WAY more consistent than Youpi's I'm fine with using it over the old Youpi size.
But we have not 1 but 2 Instances of Pitou using here EN which has an ESTABLISHED LENGTH OF 2 KILOMETERS. Not only that but it's already used for one of the accepted calc on the HxH page. There was no problem then, so why is there one now?
Another thing is that in that image Meruem is in the foreground, while the tower is in the background. I don't need to tell you that instances like that result in people appearing alot bigger than they should. Even though he is very small in this picture it does not mean that this effect does not take place
Everything else I am perfectly fine with especially scrapping Depth to Radius crater sizes. However I still feel that the overhead shot which is closer to 90 degrees is the best option for finding said depth.

But we have not 1 but 2 Instances of Pitou using here EN which has an ESTABLISHED LENGTH OF 2 KILOMETERS. Not only that but it's already used for one of the accepted calc on the HxH page. There was no problem then, so why is there one now?
Don't assume that just because something on the verse page that means there are no issues with it. Revisions happen all the time to remove something that was accepted years ago.

Don't assume that just because something on the verse page that means there are no issues with it. Revisions happen all the time to remove something that was accepted years ago.
In fairness though, that'd be for its own CRT. You can't just arbitrarily remove things in an irrelevant CRT, that's not how the process goes.

In fairness though, that'd be for its own CRT. You can't just arbitrarily remove things in an irrelevant CRT, that's not how the process goes.
Never said I was removing anything in my comment, did I?

EDIT: Incidentally, I've spotted some calc stacking in one of the calcs on the verse page. I'll make a separate CRT for that.

EDIT: Incidentally, I've spotted some calc stacking in one of the calcs on the verse page. I'll make a separate CRT for that.
No, just saying that what's currently accepted is what's typically viable for use without such a CRT. At least, that's how I'm fairly sure it works anyway

Obviously Meruem's height Is WAY more consistent than Youpi's I'm fine with using it over the old Youpi size.
Another thing is that in that image Meruem is in the foreground, while the tower is in the background. I don't need to tell you that instances like that result in people appearing alot bigger than they should. Even though he is very small in this picture it does not mean that this effect does not take place
Everything else I am perfectly fine with especially scrapping Depth to Radius crater sizes. However I still feel that the overhead shot which is closer to 90 degrees is the best option for finding said depth.

Meruem is literally leaving the tower in this scene, brother.

Also, nope. We're not going back to Pitou's En. @Damage3245 pointed out significant contradictions to the one where she's using it upwards, and still disagrees with the first instance. I'm fine with this method. Damage is fine with it. Clover is fine with it.

You'd have to convince Damage yourself.

Really? Which feat is it? I'd like to prepare a new calc right away.

Meruem is literally leaving the tower in this scene, brother.

Also, nope. We're not going back to Pitou's En. @Damage3245 pointed out significant contradictions to the one where she's using it upwards, and still disagrees with the first instance. I'm fine with this method. Damage is fine with it. Clover is fine with it.

You'd have to convince Damage yourself.
God damn, only he could somehow call an established size not correct. Fine, but I'm doing my own pixelscaling of the scene then

Will post an evaluation when I wake up tomorrow. Heading off for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back