• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Deathmachine fights an Android (Alva Vs. Astral) [Grace]

Alva starts by using her Disaster Level scanner to gauge Astral's power. Because Alva has an advanced model, she can see exactly how much power she has and determine that she has a 3.3x AP advantage. She will plot ways to use this to her advantage as the fight goes on

As for her first attack, she begins with a small flurry of 50-75 pink energy blast attacks from her cannon.

Not entirely sure how Astral's abilities work, but even without Mega Drive, she's still Large Planet level... So its basically a Large Planet versus a Planet, and Idk abt you but a Large Planet in my opinion is much more likely to win a fight. But even then, Astral's arsenal is limited and Alva's regeneration is never specified so I don't know how quickly she can recover. In my opinion, Alva should win this with medium difficulty, but if Astral lands the first hit, it should become practically impossible for Alva to recover.

Not entirely sure how Astral's abilities work, but even without Mega Drive, she's still Large Planet level... So its basically a Large Planet versus a Planet, and Idk abt you but a Large Planet in my opinion is much more likely to win a fight. But even then, Astral's arsenal is limited and Alva's regeneration is never specified so I don't know how quickly she can recover. In my opinion, Alva should win this with medium difficulty, but if Astral lands the first hit, it should become practically impossible for Alva to recover.
These are 5-C versions

Astral would start by scanning Alva and copying any skills that Alva has that Astral could easily replicate, along with the knowledge to use said skills. Upon seeing that Alva is stronger than her, Astral would make her AP equal to Alva's if needed.
As for her first attack, she begins with a small flurry of 50-75 pink energy blast attacks from her cannon.
Astral wouldn't have a hard time dealing with the energy blasts by creating barriers or just dodging them.

Astral would start by scanning Alva and copying any skills that Alva has that Astral could easily replicate, along with the knowledge to use said skills. Upon seeing that Alva is stronger than her, Astral would make her AP equal to Alva's if needed.

Astral wouldn't have a hard time dealing with the energy blasts by creating barriers or just dodging them.
How does Astral just equalize the difference like that?

Even with equal AP, Alva can negate Astral's primary way of attacking (six energy blades) with her 'Disruption Aura (Nullifies energy attacks including beams, blasts, and created weapons), and immobilize her with Nova Gong or even Nova Slime.

Nova Slime doesn't require Alva to be as close as Nova Gong, but Astral could dodge it much easier. If it did land, she would be immobilized (since the slime can contain similarly powerful 5-C monsters), and the slime would sap her energy away. Alva could also just destroy her with an overcharged cannon shot while she is trapped and sapped.

On the other hand, Nova Gong will completely immobilize her with a mind-destroying sound (something she has no resistance to), but Alva has to get close to her. A combination of either of her defensive auras should be sufficient to protect her while she flies to the correct range, and by focusing her core on her speed, she can exceed the copied stats and quickly attack before Astral tries anything else. If Nova Gong lands, Alva will win. Astral's Barrier move wont block the sound, and upon the instant effect her barrier will drop, giving Alva a wide open shot to just wipe her off the face of the planet.

Alva can negate Astral's primary way of attacking (six energy blades) with her 'Disruption Aura (Nullifies energy attacks including beams, blasts, and created weapons), and immobilize her with Nova Gong or even Nova Slime.
Does it remove them permanently and what's stopping Astral from just summoning them again and quick throwing them into a portal towards Alva? Astral could also just use Nova Gong and Nova Slime on Alva, but I'll have to look through Alva's skills and write a thorough list of the ones Astral can copy, so I'll do that after work. There's also the fact that the current chapter I'm writing will give Astral infinite stamina in all her keys when finished (mostly likely will be done today or tomorrow since I just need a few thousand words or so.), since it involves her past with Symbiant.

I
Does it remove them permanently and what's stopping Astral from just summoning them again and quick throwing them into a portal towards Alva? Astral could also just use Nova Gong and Nova Slime on Alva, but I'll have to look through Alva's skills and write a thorough list of the ones Astral can copy, so I'll do that after work. There's also the fact that the current chapter I'm writing will give Astral infinite stamina in all her keys when finished (mostly likely will be done today or tomorrow since I just need a few thousand words or so.), since it involves her past with Symbiant.
I'm not sure how Astral can copy any techniques from Alva, considering she is a 100% machine and all of her attacks come from technological apparatus within her (even though she is an android, wouldn't she have to replicate the exact same technological design and function?)

Her disruption aura will nullify them every time, even if she does anything with a portal. Astral would need to create a situation where Alva switches auras to 'Redirection' instead, and even then ranged moves still have most of their potency stripped when they get close to her via transferring damage to her surroundings (and if close enough, it'll be transferred into Astral herself). If Astral wants to win, she needs to try and outwit Alva in a physical bout while avoiding transferred damage. There's a very fine line that needs to be walked to hurt Alva.

Alva's stamina in this key is infinite anyway, so Astral having the same stamina wouldn't mean much. Nova Slime will serve to drain her stats regardless of stamina (it would work the other way too if Astral could copy the slime)

If Astral attempts to use Nova Gong (if she can), Alva can keep Astral back until it ends by using Deathmachine mines and blast flurries before attempting the core speed amp + gong combo from previously. Alva's scanners will tell her that Astral gained her abilities via telling her about the new strengths (she can scan for strengths and weaknesses), and Alva can quickly form a new plan where she gets around it with her genius intellect. Alva would be on a constant lookout for if/when Astral would use the attacks, since she knows how they work and what it looks like to activate them

Finished updating Astral's profile from the latest chapter. It bumped her intelligence to Extraordinary Genius and gave her Ice Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Attack Reflection, Danmaku, Power Nullification, Afterimage Creation, Teleportation, Vector Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Damage Reduction, Paralysis Inducement, and Sealing. I should note that sealing is part of her optional equipment and will kill her if used.

Finished updating Astral's profile from the latest chapter. It bumped her intelligence to Extraordinary Genius and gave her Ice Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Attack Reflection, Danmaku, Power Nullification, Afterimage Creation, Teleportation, Vector Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Damage Reduction, Paralysis Inducement, and Sealing. I should note that sealing is part of her optional equipment and will kill her if used.
I don’t know if allowing changes to profiles mid battle is allowed 🗿 especially ones that can be hax like power null

I don’t know if allowing changes to profiles mid battle is allowed 🗿 especially ones that can be hax like power null
I'm pretty sure it is, just not make it so the character wins outright. It's been two months since I started writing the chapter so I think it's allowed and the chapter involves stuff from Ancient Atlantis within the story revolving around the current villain and their connection to Astral.

I

I'm not sure how Astral can copy any techniques from Alva, considering she is a 100% machine and all of her attacks come from technological apparatus within her (even though she is an android, wouldn't she have to replicate the exact same technological design and function?)

Her disruption aura will nullify them every time, even if she does anything with a portal. Astral would need to create a situation where Alva switches auras to 'Redirection' instead, and even then ranged moves still have most of their potency stripped when they get close to her via transferring damage to her surroundings (and if close enough, it'll be transferred into Astral herself). If Astral wants to win, she needs to try and outwit Alva in a physical bout while avoiding transferred damage. There's a very fine line that needs to be walked to hurt Alva.

Alva's stamina in this key is infinite anyway, so Astral having the same stamina wouldn't mean much. Nova Slime will serve to drain her stats regardless of stamina (it would work the other way too if Astral could copy the slime)

If Astral attempts to use Nova Gong (if she can), Alva can keep Astral back until it ends by using Deathmachine mines and blast flurries before attempting the core speed amp + gong combo from previously. Alva's scanners will tell her that Astral gained her abilities via telling her about the new strengths (she can scan for strengths and weaknesses), and Alva can quickly form a new plan where she gets around it with her genius intellect. Alva would be on a constant lookout for if/when Astral would use the attacks, since she knows how they work and what it looks like to activate them
Assuming you’re voting based on this? Nova Gong + other moves combination is still a good wincon for Alva so I believe I’ll join you

Alva FRA

I'm pretty sure it is, just not make it so the character wins outright. It's been two months since I started writing the chapter so I think it's allowed and the chapter involves stuff from Ancient Atlantis within the story revolving around the current villain and their connection to Astral.
I also think you can write page updates even in the middle of battle, but those updates kick in once the already-started fight finishes. If you want to add abilities to an already ongoing fight (you forgot to write them on the profile but you thought of them earlier etc.), you could ask the opponent if they can be additionally added. But adding 14x, mostly haxed powers, to an ongoing fight is weird even if the opponent agrees (only a Power Bestowal etc. is an exception... but her Power Bestowal can just make others stronger).

I don't know the rules specifically, but I'm judging by what sounds fair to me. +You can have a rematch with those added powers in the future though (if the opponent agrees), changing the original result...

I also think you can write page updates even in the middle of battle, but those updates kick in once the already-started fight finishes. If you want to add abilities to an already ongoing fight (you forgot to write them on the profile but you thought of them earlier etc.), you could ask the opponent if they can be additionally added. But adding 14x, mostly haxed powers, to an ongoing fight is weird even if the opponent agrees (only a Power Bestowal etc. is an exception... but her Power Bestowal can just make others stronger).

I don't know the rules specifically, but I'm judging by what sounds fair to me. +You can have a rematch with those added powers in the future though (if the opponent agrees), changing the original result...
I agree with this, it’s not that I think there’s anything malicious here (especially as a writer myself I know a chapter that would take 2 months to write must be packed with info), but the new powers could totally swing the match and I didn’t know Astral would be receiving an update. I believe the rules are against blatantly adding powers to win matches (again, not what I think is going on) but I also believe the new ones shouldn’t apply

Well way more than enough time has passed to where the match can be added to the profiles if desired, since I'm going to do a rematch on the 26th.

Back