• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Country Divided (Redux) • RP Thread

Fuh5Bv9XgAEcK1A

Rassilon after finishing went to look for someone's opinion (he appears in the place of anyone who wants to respond)

"Hey, guys, should I try a mine to see if it works correctly or leave it to chance? I really don't want to lose a charge of gunpowder, much less have to refill the hole that it left, however, if it doesn't detonate it would be frustrating."

"Haha... alright, Mr. 'Death Dealer'. Good luck with... carving wood." The Drifter said dismissively, glancing at Santiago from underneath her mask. She broke her gaze a few short moments later, before walking off, exploring the village and hoping to find a place to chill for the next bit before she booked it.
The Drifter didn't find anything of particular interest in the village. Though, that might have been particularly because she didn't have the funds to do anything worthwhile... merely walking around and seeing the sights was the most she could do.

"Haaaa... Money. Always the issue." She thought to herself, before she passed by Rassilon...
Rassilon after finishing went to look for someone's opinion (he appears in the place of anyone who wants to respond)

"Hey, guys, should I try a mine to see if it works correctly or leave it to chance? I really don't want to lose a charge of gunpowder, much less have to refill the hole that it left, however, if it doesn't detonate it would be frustrating."
"Mines...?" She stopped in her tracks, "You're setting up mines? Near a village...?"

"Mines...?" She stopped in her tracks, "You're setting up mines? Near a village...?"
"Not exactly that close, but what do you see in every corner of the town? I put it more than 50 meters away, the explosives are low power, so it is more to relatilize any attempt to go around the edges, however go for the main entries you wouldn't have to worry about it exploding in your face"

"Not exactly that close, but what do you see in every corner of the town? I put it more than 50 meters away, the explosives are low power, so it is more to relatilize any attempt to go around the edges, however go for the main entries you wouldn't have to worry about it exploding in your face"
"If their far away, I guess that works out..." She said, "Anyways... I can check them out, if you want. You wouldnt have to detonate any of them... hopefully, but i am very thorough so there shouldnt be a need for any unnecessary explosions."

"If their far away, I guess that works out..." She said, "Anyways... I can check them out, if you want. You wouldnt have to detonate any of them... hopefully, but i am very thorough so there shouldnt be a need for any unnecessary explosions."
"great, thanks for the help"

"Not really a problem. Walking around here with nothing to do is boring me out out of my mind..."

"I can't exactly say that I've heard of that saying..." The Drifter said, "Irregardless, mind leading me to those minefields of yours?"

"I can't exactly say that I've heard of that saying..." The Drifter said, "Irregardless, mind leading me to those minefields of yours?"
"Sure" he shrugs while walk to the minefields, eventually when they arrived he would point out where the mines were.

The Drifter dug up one of the mines, making her movements carefully to ensure that she didn't accidentally set it off, assuming it could be set off. She then began examining the weapon...

"Hm... if you made them all like this, then it's unlikely they'll go off like you want it. Mind if I do a few modifications? I can decrease the chance of duds."

The Drifter dug up one of the mines, making her movements carefully to ensure that she didn't accidentally set it off, assuming it could be set off. She then began examining the weapon...

"Hm... if you made them all like this, then it's unlikely they'll go off like you want it. Mind if I do a few modifications? I can decrease the chance of duds."
"Sure, why no? Just be careful" Rassilon accept

"Sure, why no? Just be careful" Rassilon accept
"Got it." The Drifter was clearly a person of few words when they were not needed, and carried out her work. With nimble fingers, which due to her large gloves it was quite surprising she could maintain such precision, she dismantled the mine down to its base components, and when her work was done she put it back together in even shorter time and turned to Rassilon.

"You have the detonation switch, right? Like a button or trigger."

"Got it." The Drifter was clearly a person of few words when they were not needed, and carried out her work. With nimble fingers, which due to her large gloves it was quite surprising she could maintain such precision, she dismantled the mine down to its base components, and when her work was done she put it back together in even shorter time and turned to Rassilon.

"You have the detonation switch, right? Like a button or trigger."
Rassilon took out a detonation switch from his pocket, it had 3 buttons each of a different color, plus a magic crystal at the end, being the power source.

"The color red activates everything, blue the furthest and yellow the closest" he said

"Ah. Well... maybe we shouldn't test it, then." The Drifter said, not wanting to set off every single mine within a certain range.

"Still, it should work as intended with about 99.999% accuracy now. Don't worry about that 0.001 percent."

"Ah. Well... maybe we shouldn't test it, then." The Drifter said, not wanting to set off every single mine within a certain range.

"Still, it should work as intended with about 99.999% accuracy now. Don't worry about that 0.001 percent."
"you curse us with bad luck after say that, you know?" He joke a bit

"Oh. I... suppose I did?" The Drifter did not particularly believe in superstition like jinxes or non-magical curses, but either way it rattled her.

"Anyways- I'll need to work on the rest of them... I can show you the process, if you want to help."

"Oh. I... suppose I did?" The Drifter did not particularly believe in superstition like jinxes or non-magical curses, but either way it rattled her.

"Anyways- I'll need to work on the rest of them... I can show you the process, if you want to help."
"Sure, i fine doing whatever while wait for the fight"

"Oh, right. Fight. You guys were serious about the whole... monster attack, or whatever?"

Palaria smiled and breathed out, closing her eyes for a moment, letting the sounds of the forest and Nigredo wash over her... Then she sensed it, that shadowy force moving in the distance, her experience letting her know what was up. And so Palaria's eyes snapped open "Nigredo, we have to pull back, we can't be caught out without backup!" Palaria said quickly, her voice hushed and quiet as she looked worried, as this would be her first time in actual combat that wasn't an exercise.

"..." Rubedo was quiet, just looking around like some kind of lost dog with little to do, her red eyes staring at the various groups she could see

Vera was working hard to get arrows right, being guided by Shaitan, and while she struggled, she was getting it done...

And so Palaria's eyes snapped open "Nigredo, we have to pull back, we can't be caught out without backup!" Palaria said quickly, her voice hushed and quiet as she looked worried, as this would be her first time in actual combat that wasn't an exercise.
"Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?" hUh? Huh? HUH? huh? What was happening? Everything. No, something specific... An attack? Probably. The creature could... sense it. Enemies were coming. Enemies. LOTs and L0000000000000000000000000000Ts...

"Uh huh. Fight. Let's go." Nigredo nodded swiftly, before dashing off to the village at in(peak)human speeds.

"Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?" hUh? Huh? HUH? huh? What was happening? Everything. No, something specific... An attack? Probably. The creature could... sense it. Enemies were coming. Enemies. LOTs and L0000000000000000000000000000Ts...

"Uh huh. Fight. Let's go." Nigredo nodded swiftly, before dashing off to the village at in(peak)human speeds.
"[FLY]!" Palaria said quickly, flying after Nigredo, falling a little behind the thing as they rushed through the forest

Rubedo immediately spotted Palaria and Nigredo, moving to walk over to their approach with a blank expression

"[FLY]!" Palaria said quickly, flying after Nigredo, falling a little behind the thing as they rushed through the forest

Rubedo immediately spotted Palaria and Nigredo, moving to walk over to their approach with a blank expression
In a distance, Caitlin would sense Palaria and the thing chasing after them, looking at Kuni...

@ZoroNotZolo

...and saying, "About time."

Vera was working hard to get arrows right, being guided by Shaitan, and while she struggled, she was getting it done...
Santiago had remained with Vera and the rest of the workers as they broke the trees down and carved them into arrows. Unlike Vera...he didn't seem to have much difficulty, a rather surprising show of competence from the 'famous assassin'. He ran a lithe finger across the shaft of one of the arrows, as if testing its smoothness.

"Like I said earlier, these ain't top shelf tools or nothin. But give it to a half-decent archer and it should hit its mark." He said. He let out a soft sigh, adjusting his mask with his free hand.

Rassilon moved, he felt something approaching, something that was not good, although he could not point out what it was, so he went to a suitable position where he could have better visibility but at the same time be protected, he climbed a tower.

In a distance, Caitlin would sense Palaria and the thing chasing after them, looking at Kuni...

@ZoroNotZolo

...and saying, "About time."
"Ooh, I guess it's time to test our luck!" Kumi said.

Meanwhile, as Kaminos approached, his body instinctively pivoted direction, and his nose caught a peculiar scent. Drawing his weapons, he turned toward what was chasing them.

"*Ts'hūeūto?" He asked.

"Ts'hūeūto" = Orc for "what"

Fog rolled in and the sky darkened, the party was beginning...

"Get everyone ready! The attack is early!" Palaria caterwaled, her voice clearly not used to shouting like that... and it made some villagers panic and others get ready, and within the village was mayhem! Feet scuffling around, yells of orders given, and if wasn't long until everyone was in place...

"We have flankers people! Palaria, Nigredo, and Kaminos, on me!" Vera called out, pulling half of The Order of Reunification to guard the rear while the majority of the power players and scouts took the front "If you can't run to me for healing, get one of the villagers to perform first aid!"
"They are effective it seems..." An aged man commented, his voice rumbling out as he stared at the mirror he was using to spy on them, more Ornate then anything

"I take it I should go in?" A much younger female asked, not kneeling, just... curious

"I already briefed you, did I not...? Yes. I want you to give the ones on fhe flank a hard time. Remember; no killing, they are useful to my plans as long as they are not too strong. However, expect to be given a hard time." The aged man responded, turning to the female with burning yellow eyes piercing the shadows

"...yes, my lord." She said after a bit of hesitation, moving to leave through a nearby portal

Fog rolled in and the sky darkened, the party was beginning...

"Get everyone ready! The attack is early!" Palaria caterwaled, her voice clearly not used to shouting like that... and it made some villagers panic and others get ready, and within the village was mayhem! Feet scuffling around, yells of orders given, and if wasn't long until everyone was in place...
"Tou..." Caitlin muttered an ethereal glow that would manifest from the behest mana as a ghastly apparition.

"WhAaaaAaAaaATtt?" asked the spirit.

"Go and help." she said, "Thanks."

"OooOOOooooOKkkaaAaaay"
"We have flankers people! Palaria, Nigredo, and Kaminos, on me!" Vera called out, pulling half of The Order of Reunification to guard the rear while the majority of the power players and scouts took the front "If you can't run to me for healing, get one of the villagers to perform first aid!"
And stumbled upon the frontlines, seeing people whom Vera would call.

"Oh..."

She was unsheathing her sword with her left arm and readying.

"I apologize if I'm not the person that you summoned."

"Tou..." Caitlin muttered an ethereal glow that would manifest from the behest mana as a ghastly apparition.

"WhAaaaAaAaaATtt?" asked the spirit.

"Go and help." she said, "Thanks."

"OooOOOooooOKkkaaAaaay"

And stumbled upon the frontlines, seeing people whom Vera would call.

"Oh..."

She was unsheathing her sword with her left arm and readying.

"I apologize if I'm not the person that you summoned."
"I split us up this way for a reason Caitlin! The frontline is without a healer so they need all the forces they can get, now go!" Vera immediately snapped upon seeing Caitlin approach

Palaria was quiet, she was no Tactical genius or anything so she couldn't exactly comment on Vera's tactics, but she did think the woman could've been nicer about it...

"I split us up this way for a reason Caitlin! The frontline is without a healer so they need all the forces they can get, now go!" Vera immediately snapped upon seeing Caitlin approach
"I've sent Tou Mou over to the location you said, Miss Vera. Her strength is as capable as mine..." she tried to insist but slowly walks to the same direction.

"I've sent Tou Mou over to the location you said, Miss Vera. Her strength is as capable as mine..." she tried to insist but slowly walks to the same direction.
"And we'll have our best mage, some of our frontline, and our healer over here, if you mop up the front fast enough, you can help us with the flank." Vera called out

"Weno, it's time for war" Rassilon said while he held a crossbow and walked to the front, looking for a place with his eyes to position himself and be of help in the defense, he hoped that the mines he placed would do a job and take those monstrous to hell.

But he first turned toward his commander.

"Mrs. Vera, do you need me to do anything other than serve as distance support and eliminate those who approach?"

"And we'll have our best mage, some of our frontline, and our healer over here, if you mop up the front fast enough, you can help us with the flank." Vera called out
The woman would nod and be there in a heartbeat, carried by Tou Mou as she flew up into the sky.

Santiago had remained with Vera and the rest of the workers as they broke the trees down and carved them into arrows. Unlike Vera...he didn't seem to have much difficulty, a rather surprising show of competence from the 'famous assassin'. He ran a lithe finger across the shaft of one of the arrows, as if testing its smoothness.

"Like I said earlier, these ain't top shelf tools or nothin. But give it to a half-decent archer and it should hit its mark." He said. He let out a soft sigh, adjusting his mask with his free hand.

"...Eh? s-so soon???" Santiago said. His voice wavered for a moment, before the man quickly shook his head, inwardly glad his mask hid his visibly panicked expression.

"Well, I guess it's only natural for me...the ever impressive Death Dealer, to eh...guard the backline! The...very...very edge of the backline. to keep...the vulnerable townsfolk safe!" The man muttered, nodding in mock confidence. Quickly, he grabbed a spear he had crafted with some of the spare wood, before jumping up onto a nearby building.

Back