• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A claim made on the Okami page

So on the page for the Okami verse I noticed a claim made that made me raise an eyebrow. It says that Okami is one of Capcom's most powerful verses and only definitively surpassed by Mega Man, Dragon's Dogma and Onimusha.

Whilst I can understand the first two, why does Onimusha surpass Okami? To my knowledge the best feats of Onimusha would only put it at stellar class level (Soki's Star Killer sword in Dawn of Dreams was said to have the power to slice thorugh the stars themselves and in the final battle against Fortinbras, he uses stars in order to attack the party) whereas Okami is galactic level

Or do the God tier characters of Onimusha have some obscure feats that I'm unaware of?

I've checked around and apparently Fortinbras with born in Chaos and created both the demons and the human race. According to two different wikis Fortinbras was at one point ruler of both the Earth and the Universe (though being a ruler doesn't mean that he can destroy the universe). One wiki also gave him the title "Creator of the Universe" without stating if Fortinbras did in fact create the universe.

This may require me to revist the Onimusha franchise while taking notes. I might even create profiles for the Onimusha characters/verse

Back