• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A broom and a fish fight to the death.

Gotta Sweep vs Magikarp. Since Magikarp is 10-C to 9-B, Magikarp is 9-B in this battle because Gotta Sweep just got buffed. Speed Equalized. Magikarp has all attacks it can learn by level up. Battle takes place in Baldi's school. Both are bloodlusted.

Broom: 8

Fish: 2

Inconclusive: 0

Broom
LOOKS LIKE IT'S SWEEPIN' TIME!

Magikarp
(A N G E R Y magikarp noises)

I vote to Fish.
The fish has Bounce, Hydro Pump, Tackle, Flail and the Broom can't sweap the Fish away. The Fish is not the principal student to be easily knock out as they have the same Attack Potency, Lifting Strength, Striking Strength, Durability. The Fish has longer range.

I said moves it learns by level up. Tackle, Flail and Splash. It dosn't have Hydro Pump or Bounce, as the former is an event move while the latter is an egg move.

The Smashor said:
I said moves it learns by level up. Tackle, Flail and Splash. It dosn't have Hydro Pump or Bounce, as the former is an event move while the latter is an egg move.
Without them, the Fish still wins.

Even if Magikarp is physically just as strong, it lacks the means to anchor itself onto the ground and push back against the broom, so it's going to get swept away.

Without the notable Hydro Pump, which would definitely give it an edge, I just don't see how Magikarp can prevent itself from being swept away. Plus, let's not forget the fact that this takes place in Baldi's schoolhouse, meaning there is no water anywhere, and Magikarp is gonna be flopping around for most of the time with little to no mobility. The best Magikarp can do with level up moves is maybe use Flail at the broom. But without that, and the Hydro Pump which would've given it a range advantage, I just don't see it winning against the broom. This hurts my pride as a Pokémon fan, but I gotta give it to the Sweeper.

Winner: Gotta Sweep

No, it doesn't.

This means we'll have to put Magikarp at 9-B now. And even the lowest end of Magikarp's feat is 1.6x stronger than the feat Gotta Sweep scales to.

However the broom is casually above that feat. It is capable of effortlessly (and possibly unknowingly) overpowering the guy who performed that feat, as well as Baldi, who can one-shot the guy who withstood the feat without being harmed, simultaneously.

I don't know how much that closes the gap, though.

Oh, sorry, misinterpreted that.

Still, due to the situation, I'm still sticking with Gotta Sweep to win here.

since there are no moves which are ranged for magikarp by leveling up, Gotta Sweep easily wins, especially since the moveset from magikarp need to touch gotta sweep, to even hurt gotta sweep, gotta sweep sweeps magikarp easily without trying

Gotta Sweep with very easy difficulty

Hey this only needs one more vote I think?

unless we count Arbitrarys though I don't know what he thinks about that

How would you define Gotta Sweep in combat... when that's literally it's only combat feat? Legit curious cause it is a machine/broom.. .doing what it does best. Literally sweep.

I'll pitch in a vote.

Gotta Sweep can overpower a slightly-above baseline 9-B and a guy who can casually oneshot a slightly-above baseline 9-B, simultaneously. So that's at least 2x stronger than 1st Prize's feat, putting GS at 36,000 joules, at the very least.

So that means Gotta Sweep is at least 1.25x stronger than the lowest end of Magikarp's feat, 29,400 joules, which I assume we're using here. Combine that with Magikarp's inferior mobility as well as the lack of ability to properly anchor itself on the ground (due to constantly being on its side), Magikarp would:

• Have a hard time avoiding Gotta Sweep's charging attacks
  • Take sizeable amounts of damage every time it gets hit
  • Would not be able to push back against Gotta Sweep's charge
Here's how most scenarios will play out:

>Gotta Sweep charges and slams Magikarp into a wall

>Repeat until Magikarp is reduced to a bloody pulp

>Gotta Sweep sweeps Magikarp's guts off of the floor

Alternate:

>Gotta Sweep charges and slams Magikarp into a wall

>As Gotta Sweep repeatedly rams Magikarp, Magikarp splashes upward, busting through the ceiling. In this situation, one of three things will most likely happen:

• Magikarp BFRs itself and lands far outside the school, Gotta Sweep either searches for him outside the school and the same story happens there, or just continues back to its sweeping business in the school
  • Magikarp lands back in front of Gotta Sweep. The broom then proceeds to continue ramming Magikarp into a wall.
  • Magikarp lands on Gotta Sweep's handle and gets impaled
So all in all the broom has more advantages and Magikarp can't do much about being slammed into a wall. He might be able to do some damage to Gotta Sweep via flail after taking some damage, but other than that his odds of winning are pretty low.

I'd say the broom takes it 8 or 9/10.

Back