• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A hippo fights a literal ******* broom (Gotta Sweep vs. Hippopotamus) (0-7-0, GRACE)

dude if this is a stomp than I’m gonna have more stomps than the pizza box guy

Da Roolz
Speed is unequalized.
Both are bloodlusted, and start 15m away
Battle takes place in a random school hallway.

Da Vouts
“My favorite part is when he said “it’s sweepin time” and sweeped all over the place”:
Scales to this; 51.054 KJ

“Moto Moto in Ohio 💀: 7 (Morgan74784, Flashlight237, Knifeman29, Cimafranca133, JustANormalLemon, LeoEpicGamer8910, ThePrimalHunter)
Scales to their KE; 62 KJ

“kachow”:
INCONCLUSIVE

Last edited:
To be honest, I don't know how this fight would reach an end, but I'll get to that after the technical stuff.
According to this calc, gotta sweep has a total of 51054.673 Joules as it's total AP. Through a bit of googling, I found out that hippos usually weight around 1200 KG, combine this with their top running speed of 30km/h (or 8.333 m/s) as stated by the wiki and you get 0.5*1200 * (8.33333333^2), giving an AP of 41666.667 when charging at 30km/h.

Note this is a brief attempt at a approximation of the AP the hippo would have and that on the wiki it is stated that:
a bull Hippo would easily yield over 62,000 Joules
So it is likely a lot greater than Gotta Sweep's AP.

The reason why I thought it would be so necessary to establish these numbers is because this match would surely be a matter of who can charge at a greater force, I mean that is all Gotta sweep does for starters and seen as the Hippo is renowned for charging as well, this makes sense as the fundamental dynamic of the encounter.

Despite them both having wall level durability, I'm gonna assume that a Hippo would have a greater durability than gotta sweep since like the wiki states, Hippos have been known to take attacks from Elephants. Here comes another theoretical (and crap) scaling approximation with real world animals (if that is even valid) (y) Google says that "an adult elephant’s top speed is about 30 miles per hour" and that they can weight between 2700 and 3600 KG meaning that the elephants AP would be much greater than both the hippos or that of any the characters seen in the Baldi's basics verse, giving the hippo a massive advantages in durability

Given all this, I'm gonna have to say that the hippo just destroys our broom here after the impact from a couple mutual charges but then again, like stated, i do not have a clue how the fight dynamics would play out here as neither would have a suitable method of attack to deal damage to the other. I feel like this fight would be generally painful to watch :ROFLMAO: .

But if I had to choose, my vote goes to the hippo

Last edited:
Morgan presents an interesting point, and I have another to being up. The broom's body is mostly a stick, which while it would make it harder for a less controlled attack like a charge to work, it also makes it possible for the hippo to snap the broom in half should the hippo either hit the broom with its charge or decides to eat the damn thing.

I think it puts it more in favor of the hippo, so I think I'll vote hippo too.

Morgan presents an interesting point, and I have another to being up. The broom's body is mostly a stick, which while it would make it harder for a less controlled attack like a charge to work, it also makes it possible for the hippo to snap the broom in half should the hippo either hit the broom with its charge or decides to eat the damn thing.

I think it puts it more in favor of the hippo, so I think I'll vote hippo too.
Exactly. I think because this is just such a shit match up ( no offense intended, just an unexpected combination), and the fact that gotta sweep has never been seen in a combat situation so to speak, it makes it a weird one to call. Sheer force has to be the deciding factor, meaning surely the broom gets snapped.

Back