• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-C Tournament: Sam Fisher vs. Rick (FOX n FORESTS)

Jackythejack

They/Them
Continuing our 9-C tournament, we have two new combatants to participate in what will probably be at least an interesting fight. In one corner we have Sam Fisher, from the Splinter Cell series, and in the other corner we have Rick , from FOX n FORESTS. The fight takes place in a forest, allowing both fighters to hide if they so desire, and Sam is armed with a Five Seven pistol and a knife while Rick is armed with a crowsbow equiped with a bayonet. Speed is equalized and lets begin.

Sam Fisher Render SCBL
RickTheFox
Sam:

Rick:

Adding info to OP, Rick is armed with a crowsbow equiped with a ballista. Personally I don't thinkbthat equalizing speed is necessary, its a speed depends of being a trained soldier and a semi-anthropomorphic fox.

A crossbow equipped with a ballista? That sounds quite unique.

Also it's more of a precaution since Sam is only a maybe superhuman while the fox apparently is, so...just covering my bases.

Ok, as for the fight: Fisher is more skilled in close-combat and has bulletproof suit so oneshot him isn't an option, however Rick has a minor advantage due being in a territory favorable, that adding to his small size makes him a difficult target to shot at; additionally changing the season could mess with Fisher's stealth, but that could depend in that type of forest they are.

I mean couldn't Sam still hide behind trees? The only change would be that the leaves are gone, right? Or am I missing something here?

Season manipulation could vary between recerting the weather to winter, autum, summer and spring; for example, if Fisher is hidding in a bunch of bushes it can change the season in a instance where there's no bushes there, or in a creek that in other time is filled with water, or even if hiding underwater changing a time where the lake is frozen. This of course, do not means that Rick known where Fisher is hiding, is just probable that changing it would mess with the stealth.

Fair enough. I have two questions about this guy though. How long does the season change normally last, and does he have a limited supply of magic or is it like regenerative or something?

Is temporal, but never counted how much it last, the supply can be regenerated with time, like, wait for a 20 s and then you can use it for 20 s.

Ah, okay. I'm not sure if that's significant enough of a time to find Fisher or not? I mean, he's a great stealth...person, and I feel like after the first time his cover fails, he wouldn't make that mistake again.

Is the "multiple" projectile of the crossbow like a shotgun or...?

Also how good is Rick's reload time? One huge advantage of a gun vs a bow is the fact that Sam can shoot 10-30 times in a row, so it would be good to know how big of an advantage that can be.

How safe are the two at hitting their target btw.? I know a little bit Splinter Cell, but don't really remember.

Its a magic crowsbow, so it has a higher fire rate than a conventional one and have infinite magazine, however, that only works with normal projectiles, more powerful shots are also limitless but it cost him magic, so using it during seasonal change will reduce the time of duration.

Here's an example of normal amunition.

Welp, Rick has a ranged and a close range weapon, having an additional weapon seems balanced to me. Also, I think that huesite refers that it sound like it have 5-7 pistols with him, but not sure.

I assume Sam only being armed with a pistol & knife means he also doesn't get his googles? (Just making sure, cause they technically aren't weapons)

In any case this is a very though one.ÔÇ¿

Fisher seems way more skilled, but Rick has the Epochikinesis advantage.ÔÇ¿

I would give it to Sam for now, as I believe he can adapt to the Epochikinesis by choosing hiding spots that exist all around the year.

I assume this is happening at daytime, which makes stealth harder, but since I would also give it to Sam in a direct confrontation due to his shooting skill he has an easier game in most situations, in my opinion.

(likely Wall level AP & dura is ignored, of course)

I'm going to wait a little more before voting in case someone bring up an argument that i haven't think about (generally do that when a character created by me is involved).

Soooo... maybe anyone that still wants to vote should do so.

'cause if this doesn't get anymore traffic I would suggest to continue with the next fight soon.

If I vote now then there's only 1 vote missing, so I'm going to do it, Fisher FRA.

EDIT: ninja'd by DMUA.

Back