• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B+ tournament round 1 match 4 (Sergeant John Captain vs Gwendolin)

Captain has a pretty high range advantage and due to standard battle assumptions the starting distance would be at his maximum range
The Tank isn't shown to have any way to view things inside of it, so Captain would have to peek out in order to aim which would leave him vulnerable and he would pretty much be killed instantly by Gwendolyn due to physically being only 9-C
so basically it comes down to if Captain can kill Gwendolyn before she reaches him which is pretty unlikely since she has Superhuman speed so John would only be able to take a few shots before she reaches him which i doubt would be enough to kill her
However getting shot would probably knock her back a fair distance and give Captain a bit of extra time to shoot

not gonna vote for now and will see what other people have to say

I agree that he'll be able to get a few attacks in at the very least, but yeah, not sure if he'll be able to deal ENOUGH damage to kill her in that time.

I believe Cap should take this his tank would be able to give him more mobility as well some resistance to her flames since the thing is made of metal so he most likely takes it because of that

This match brought a smile to my face. Tankmen basically represent Newgrounds, which I'm very fond of, and Gwendolin is from BTD6, which is an awesome game series.

So, let's get to analysing! I'll already say that this match will require a different way of analysis than most...

AP: They are incredibly close, so they can be basically equalized. Gwendolin mostly using fire helps a bit in ignoring durability a bit, but not to a significant enough degree to matter much here, I think.

LS: I'll assume that the tank is superior, not only from its sheer weight but also momentum. Of course, a tank doesn't grapple, but if somehow it runs over Gwendolin, she won't be getting up.

Durability/Toughness: This is weird. The tank has way more redundant systems and can take most superficial wounds better than Gwen can, but its sheer size and lack of mobility will make it be hit that much more in a direct fight. Stamina-wise... I dunno, Gwen really isn't affected at all by fighting for several dozen minutes, but she usually doesn't move in said fights, only needing to shoot... I'll say that the tank has an advantage here, but I dunno if it is significant, as I doubt the match would last that long.

Mobility/Agility: Yeah, Gwendolin is far better here. Tanks can't turn quickly, are prone to fall if faced with very uneven terrain and, while their speed can be surprising in a straight line, they do not handle curves well. To be fair, they mostly don't need to, as tanks are also designed to very easily stay in one place and turn their guns 360° and thus strike anyone without needing to move. However, it is undeniable that Gwendolin can easily run around the tank, with her monkey agility and prehensile tail guaranteeing that. Another thing of note is that a tank, due to reload speed and all, cannot fire continuously very quickly. Quicker than expected, of course, but not one shell after the other.

P&A: A lot of Gwen's powers are useless here, as they are support or resistance-based, but she still has plenty of very good ones. Accelerated development guarantees that a long fight isn't going to be very good, resistance negation means that her fire attacks will actually affect the tank way better than expected, teleportation vastly enhances her mobility and techniques such as the molotov can make the tank receive continuous damage while it stays in one single place. The tank is, well, a tank. There ain't much to say: Vastly superior range, thick armor plating, explosive shells. I'd like to add that any tank, by virtue of being a tank, has many sensorial devices to allow the crew to operate even without direct eyesight. To be fair, John DOES like to keep his head out of the tank, but for the sake of the match, I'll assume he won't be a dumbass about it, or this fight lasts less than five seconds.

Veredict: I think Gwen wins, 9/10 of the times. While the tank outranges her, it shouldn't be that difficult to get close with her teleportation and superior mobility, and even if she messes up and gets hit a few times, it is fine, she can take a few shells. The tank, however, won't take her resistance-negating fire attacks for very long, and if she burns a hole on the hull and manages to get inside, poor John's gonna turn into a Flash-fried BBQ by another Flash (ha, get it? flash? newgrounds? ok i'm leaving) and that'll be the end of it. I can see Gwen losing if she gets caught on a good volley from the tank, but that's very unlikely, personally.

I'm not sure if burning a hole in the tank is possible i was moreso thinking of a metal bull kind of situation when she reaches the tank
anyways voting gwendolyn for now

I'm not sure if burning a hole in the tank is possible i was moreso thinking of a metal bull kind of situation when she reaches the tank
anyways voting gwendolyn for now
Usually, I'd doubt that too, as Gwendolin's flames upper limit are slagging instantaneously lead from bloons that, even at their weakest, can endure being in the proximity of lava. But Gwendolin's flames can negate the resistance to fire that certain bloons have to even a fire on her level.

Besides, the sheer energy in her flames should be able to damage the tank.

Back