• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

10-A Tournament Losers Round 1, Match 12 (Sergeant John Captain VS Doppio)

To my knowledge, John relied on his gun to fight which is restricted as its a higher tier. Otherwise, I dont recall him doing any close combat feats.

Ok, so gonna tell some stuff.
Doppio have precognition, but it's not much helpful and by "not much helpful" I mean the fact that Doppio needs to do something by himself to "outrun fate".
Experience in battle wise both are lacking of feats. But John is Soldier and Doppio is just the guy(Like really except for Epitaph I can't remember some decent special in Doppio and John can scale to other soldier who was able to kill a guy in one knife blow).
So, would wait for a bit more input, but at this moment I'll give it to sergeant as he have more reasons to be more decent fighter. Can always be wrong so correct me if something is not converges.

Doppio for what it's worth has a borderline supernatural asshole giving him advice at almost all times, with said asshole being able to pick up on things to a scarily high degree.

He's also a ridiculous damage sponge and can keep coming at you even if he's being torn from the inside out.
Epitaph also helps as while he can't change what Epitaph shows him and can't change the visions, he can react accordingly using the information he gains to set the future onto a path that's more beneficial to him after the visions come to pass. Like for example, he used Epitaph to see Nero in it, learning he's invisible and using that information the best he could.

Also, could he not change into Diavolo? As Diavolo himself is 10-A.

Doppio for what it's worth has a borderline supernatural asshole giving him advice at almost all times, with said asshole being able to pick up on things to a scarily high degree.

He's also a ridiculous damage sponge and can keep coming at you even if he's being torn from the inside out.
Epitaph also helps as while he can't change what Epitaph shows him and can't change the visions, he can react accordingly using the information he gains to set the future onto a path that's more beneficial to him after the visions come to pass. Like for example, he used Epitaph to see Nero in it, learning he's invisible and using that information the best he could.

Also, could he not change into Diavolo? As Diavolo himself is 10-A.
Would ask then what Epitaph can do when opponent begins to fight directly at him in melee range.
Cause if I remember right Nero was ± passive fighter and not went straightforwardly to fist fight.

And I think Diavollo maybe can used, but without time erasure and basically king crimson. Diavollo can be very changing factor here, but I think it should be asked in op can Diavollo be used.

Would ask then what Epitaph can do when opponent begins to fight directly at him in melee range.

Show him exactly what his opponent can do, and every event that will transpire for the following dozen odd seconds? And then use that information to get the upper hand?
He may not be able to change the visions after he's shown them but Epitaph is definitely useful long term, and if he just so happens to get a vision that has him in the advantage, his opponent can't do anything to change it.
It's not like the match is gonna end within the first few seconds, melee range or not. No way in hell is a 10-A killing Doppio immediately, even with a knife, given the shit he went through with Metallica, which he lived through and was more or less fine within the day, bar some stitches.

Cause if I remember right Nero was ± passive fighter and not went straightforwardly to fist fight.

What's that matter? My point still stands. Epitaph doesn't lose utility against cqc fighters.

And I think Diavollo maybe can used, but without time erasure and basically king crimson.

Switching to Diavolo is apart of his first key. So he's gonna have to.

Plus as I said, Diavolo is helping him at almost all times, giving him information and advice about his surroundings and foe if available.

Technically I never voted for Doppio, I was just giving suggestions so he wasn't unfairly beaten without being given a chance. But I guess I'll vote him too.

Back