• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Tournament of Swords, Spears, and More Round 8: Musashi Miyamoto vs Rayla

Hello! And welcome back to our Medieval Tournament of Swords, Spears, and More! For our eighth round we have the focused Musashi Miyamoto, a Legendary Sword Saint, facing off against the quick-footed Rayla, the Moonshadow assassin! Here are some ground rules, first:
  • This battle takes place in an arena outside of these characters' verses
  • Both characters start 5 meters apart from each other
  • Speeds are equalized
  • Both have all their standard equipment
Our first fighter Musashi, scales above 525,787.655 J, while our second fighter Rayla, scales to 310 732 J!

Musashi: 1

Rayla:

Incon:

Last edited:
Rayla would be in her nearly invisible form here, right? Not sure if Musashi's showings of enhanced senses suffice to keep up with such a character in swift combat.

Rayla would be in her nearly invisible form here, right? Not sure if Musashi's showings of enhanced senses suffice to keep up with such a character in swift combat.
I'd assume she would be. Little reason not to be.
  • Moonshadow Form: As a Moonshadow Elf, Rayla is born with a connection to the Moon Arcanum, which allows her to draw power from the moon. As such, she is at her strongest at night when the spirit and energy of the moon enhance her natural strength, agility, endurance, and speed. When the moon is full, she is at her most powerful and even has the ability to enter a Moonshadow Form, which turns her body nearly completely invisible, allowing her to take her enemies by surprise. Her invisibility also extends to her clothes and weapons.
Also, I'm unsure if it helps bridge the statistical gap, but....

Statistics Amplification (With the Moonshadow form she enhances all of her physical attributes)

Also, it's probably not as varied or potent, but Rayla has Enhanced Senses for her hearing, & though Musashi can sense Bloodlust, IIRC, it was established she's usually not the most willing to kill. Presumably, she is here, but I think she might be a bit less bloodthirsty than your average assassin. Then again, it's probably enough for her to be sensed.

Musashi can also detect hidden enemies and could sense attacks outside of his field of vision. And even then, he has Instinctive Reactions so it can cover the attacks he can't consciously defend

While, yes, the enhanced senses and instinct could help him dodge attacks here and there, it is one thing to do that and another thing to fight anywhere close to full capacity under those circumstances. Consider, for example, that he not only has to dodge attacks, but also has to go on the offensive and aim his own attacks at exposed spots to be effective. Exposed spots he can't see.

That said it's near-invisibility and as far as I remember from watching the show, it looks more hidden than what the show suggests since the creators obviously made them glowy for the viewers' sake. That said, the guards were still able to see them somewhat, so Rayla's partial invisibility isn't quite as potent as implied. Though her stat amping plus invisibility should help close the ap and skill gap between them.

Hmmm... I guess I changed my mind. With Musashi's higher AP, his good senses and Rayla's invisibility only being partial, I think he edges out. It's very close, though. Like 11/20.

Back