• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Tournament of Swords, Spears, and More Round 1: Oni vs Achilles

Hello! And welcome to our first Medieval Tournament of Swords, Spears, and More! For our first round we have the invulnerable Achilles, facing off against the demon samurai the Oni! Here are some ground rules, first:
  • This battle takes place in an arena outside of these characters' verses
  • Both characters start 5 meters apart from each other
  • Speeds are unequalized
  • Both have all their standard and optional equipment
Our first fighter Achilles, scales to 405 917.46 J through sword and shield durability, while our second fighter Oni, scales to 258,322.12 J!

Will Achilles crush yet another fighter in his path or will the Oni claim another soul for the Entity?

Achilles:

Oni: 6

Incon:

Last edited:
So, how does perks works for debating purposes? They are assumed to have all of them, or OP needs to choose 4 of them?

Also I just realized I made a massive oopsie and that this should be Achilles and not Conan

Well, no debate has started, so you are in time to change it (can still keep this, in case someone want to debate these two characters).

Oni one-shots. Achilles' physicality is only 9-C and he has no counters to any of the Oni's hax
His shield is also 9-B so as long as he can block oni's attacks he'll be fine, he also has a decent ap advantage at the start and possibly greater skill which helps. However the longer the fight goes on the greater the chance of oni winning thanks to its hax, I'm voting oni for this reason.

The difference in lifting force is an abyss ... With Oni massively overcoming. In addition, even with the difference in AP, the haxs of the oni can disrupt Achilles in an extreme way. I vote for Oni.

Now that the Conan is no more, I'm voting Oni, Achilles only category where he may match Oni (since speed its equal) its one melee combat; he falls in everything else, including abilities, LF strength, conditions...

Could suggest to unequalize speed to make it more even, but I still doubt it would change the result: Oni should win most of the time.

Yeah, I think this looks like the Oni would win.

Back