• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Real World Brackets Round 3: Lion vs Komodo Dragon

MistaClean

VS Battles
Image Helper
Lion vs Komodo Dragon

Battle takes place in the island of Komodo

Lion:

Dragon: 2 (JustANormalLemon, Akidwholiketopowerscale)

Liontransparent.png
Komodo_dragon.png

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure who to vote for since this match looks pretty even
the komodo dragons profile states that lions are wary of a nile monitors tail whip, and it also mentions that a nile monitor is only a fraction of a komodos weight so at least the komodo dragon should be able to effectively harm the lion, it's poison might also help the dragon kill it
the lion however is probably physically stronger, and it's maine might make it harder to land a succesfull bite to deliver poison
so not voting for anyone for now

Seriously, I would say that Komodo wins this fight

Despite perhaps having higher AP I would say that the lion is not far above Komodo stats (taking speed), stelth mastery + poison besides the fact that they usually attack their targets' monbros to hinder locomotion makes me believe that komodo doesn't would have difficulty killing the lion's leg and running away and letting the poison kill the lion little by little, if not an Incon, because a lion shouldn't be able to get out of this fight without being bitten at least once

1 vote for komodo

If the lion gets a good grasp of the Komodo, it's gonna ******* eviscerate it. That being said, if the Komodo starts tearing into the Lion's Legs and manages to get through that main before the Lion can latch onto it, the Lion is ******.

Lion stomps the komodo dragon won't be able to keep up with the lion at all it will just be a lion vs smaller and weaker version of a crocodile on land.

And male Lions hunt down bigger buffalo. Not to mention the dragons only kill them by poisoning the buffalo. And the poison is weak and takes hours sometimes up to 24 hours for the poison to work then the track the animal with their smell. Even python has been known to kill komodo dragon

Also the African buffalo is bigger than any other buffalo. Also more aggressive which is a massive factor in wildlife fights.

And male Lions hunt down bigger buffalo. Not to mention the dragons only kill them by poisoning the buffalo. And the poison is weak and takes hours sometimes up to 24 hours for the poison to work then the track the animal with their smell. Even python has been known to kill komodo dragon
Lions hunting buffalo is like a polar bear hunting for walrus. They only do it when desperate because in one-on-one, the buffalo usually wins

Also pythons are borderline OP. They can kill anything they can wrap their grubby bodies on since most animals don't have the LS or tools to break free. They basically ignore dura and AP to some extent

Lions hunting buffalo is like a polar bear hunting for walrus. They only do it when desperate because in one-on-one, the buffalo usually wins

Also pythons are borderline OP. They can kill anything they can wrap their grubby bodies on since most animals don't have the LS or tools to break free.
Male lions can hunt and take down a buffalo one on one easily it's the females that can't do so only on special occasions. Pythons are op but still slow if python is able react to komodo dragon movement what gives the dragon any op of reacting to Lion.

Pythons are op but still slow if python is able react to komodo dragon movement what gives the dragon any op of reacting to Lion.
All snakes have very fast attack speeds and they always start with that when in a fight. This is important even for a python which is non-venomous since a bite means that it has something to hold onto before finally wrapping its body around its prey. Most animals can't react to the bite and now that I think about it, I don't think large pythons have any predators.

Lol if we give stealth the lion stomps because big cat's are the most stealthy animals. The lion is stronger faster and more agile the only chance komodo dragon has it's is poison bite which takes hours to effect. Lion stomps. Lion also has great reactions. And komodo dragons aren't stealthy animals.

But the komodo dragon won't be able to bite the lion because of better reaction speed and agility. The dragon won't be able to react in any way. Plus the dragon as less stamina.

But the komodo dragon won't be able to bite the lion because of better reaction speed and agility. The dragon won't be able to react in any way. Plus the dragon as less stamina.
I think the Komodo would have a lot of time to bite the Lion, it's not like it will just die instantly upon being attacked

Nope wouldn't have time at all cause the moment the lion gets the neck the dragon is suffocating really fast and wouldn't be able to bite.

the lion doesn't have stealth on his profile, I interpret this as a way of saying "he doesn't use this in direct combat" or something like that... male lions don't usually hunt, they usually just defend their territory

Back