• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Monster Brackets Round 5

Dodging another one of Dagon's incoming tentacles, Magikarp shot towards his larger foe like a torpedo, ramming the carnivorous beast hard in the abdomen with Tackle. A loud CRACK echoing through the waters, Dagon was knocked backwards from the surprising force of the Pokemon's attack.

Dagon was in poor condition by this point. Throughout his body, broken bones (some practically smashed to splinters) tormented the monster with a pain that he didn't even know could exist. How?? How was this small fish, this pathetic looking fry, so strong?! It utterly baffled the tentacled beast, the monster in disbelief even as Magikarp came closing in like a shark to finish of his prey.

Desperate, and in complete denial over his situation, Dagon shot his tentacles forward in a last ditch attempt to prevail. Unfortunately for the monster, Magikarp was simply out of his league. Ducking and weaving around each and every muscular limb coming for him, Magikarp shot forward like a bullet. Before, he was seemingly just another fish to fry. Now, he was like a guided missile, and Dagon's head was his target.

Unable to retaliate, Dagon could do nothing but gape in utter disbelief before Magikarp rammed him fullforce in the head. A loud crunch immediately echoed from the impact, a sound that Magikarp found oddly satisfying, as Dagon's head was caved inwards. Dark red blood spurted out from the torn skin, bit of brain matter and pulverized skull sticking out the flesh. Recoiling from his now dead foe, Magikarp watched on as Dagon's corpse began to sink down towards the depths of the lake, fated to disappear in the darker waters.

Deciding he'd rather not stick around in case any other big predators try having a go at him, Magikarp began swimming up towards the surface of the lake. Perhaps there he'd find some reprieve, and maybe a bite to eat.

Poking his head above the water, the Pokemon looked up at the sky. Dark clouds were rolling in overhead, beginning to cover the sun. It looked like it would rain soon, and that was just fine for Magikarp.

A sound to his left. Turning, Magikarp looked out towards the opposite end of the lake. On the shoreline, the Pokemon could see two large creatures dueling it out. One of them looked like a charcoal gray reptile with rows of maple leaf-shaped dorsal spines running down its back. The other looked like an Ursaring, albeit without the ring on its chest. How strange.

Though they were far away from him, Magikarp decided that he should keep his distance from the two creatures, lest they decide to come after him too. Turning away from the battle, the Water type Pokemon began swimming towards the nearby shoreline. Perhaps here he could find a crustacean or two to snack on.

Swimming through the shallow water, the fish Pokemon was beginning to change his mind and rather contemplate going back to Dagon's corpse and perhaps feeding off that, when a shadow suddenly looming above him made him pause. Before he could react any further, a large head punctured the water around him, biting onto his back and ripping him out of the liquid.

Understandably, Magikarp immediately began thrashing and panicking, desperately trying to break free from whatever had caught him within its toothy grip. His efforts would bear fruit, fortunately, as whatever had grabbed him quickly lost its grip on him, causing the fish to begin bouncing and flailing on the sandy ground.

Growling in annoyance, the Gorgonopsid snapped at the Magikarp, only for the Pokemon to jump away from the attempted attack. Glaring at her would-be prey, the therapsid was too hungry to just let this fish hop its way back into the water. She hadn't found any satisfying prey that would appease her growing appetite, and so she couldn't afford to let Magikarp slip away.

As the Gorgonopsid began charging towards him, Magikarp saw that he couldn't get away into the lake. It looked like, by trying to avoid a fight, he'd have to fight for his life once again.

Current Standings

Hub

Gorgonopsid, submitted by me, vs Magikarp, submitted by 00potato.

Fight takes place by the shoreline of a lake, with Magikarp starting on land.

Speed equalized.

Level 100 wild Magikarp with all his naturally learned moves.
Gorgon 4
Magikarp-3

Well, for starters, I'm voting Magikarp if it can play keep-away long enough from the dino to get back into the water. The advantage would just be too great for Magikarp and it would be able to outmaneuver it with ease and deal enough damage to leave it quite literally dead in the water.

Now, that being said, how much of a chance would it be for this baby dino to actually land a bite while Magikarp's flopping all over the place?

Right. Enhanced Senses. Even so, Magikarp can potentially use moves like Flail on land and bash it away if it manages to actually get a bite on it. Not to mention Hydro Pump, which could actually both hit Avinychus with a heavy blast of water, but it could also shoot Magikarp back into the water via inertia.

Starter Pack said:
Right. Enhanced Senses. Even so, Magikarp can potentially use moves like Flail on land and bash it away if it manages to actually get a bite on it. Not to mention Hydro Pump, which could actually both hit Avinychus with a heavy blast of water, but it could also shoot Magikarp back into the water via inertia.
Magikarp can't naturally learn Hydro Pump. Avinychus also has the AOE attack that all DS dinosaurs can use, which should prove useful.

Then why the heck is Hydro Pump on his profile then?

I mean, even removing Hydro Pump, Magikarp should have enough in his physical arsenal to hold out just long enough to get back to the water. Plus, let's not forget it's a baby dino. While Magikarp is essentially hardwired for battle and most likely has more experience. So, I believe that Magikarp will take some hits, but it will eventually get to the water and finish the deal.

19753690.8 Joules, or 0.00472124541 Tons of TNT

This is about it for the anchivyus since I think they hurt people who tank that amount of damage, like actually take no harm from it.

Magikarp is 98,000 joules.

thats 19 megajoules for the dinosaur.

which is an ungodly AP stomp

As the unofficial king of OPs I must tip my hat to the running storyline you've got here. This must have taken a colossal amount of effort and I can safely say I'm impressed.

Honestly anchivyus seems too powerful for the brackets considering I don't think the rest really have much of a calc or at least nothing too high. Could be wrong

High 7-C? You got my interest, can you tell me on my wall when that's happening please?

I found the High 7-C post before anyone else, and I submitted Clare for it.

Because Claymore is such an underrated series, and I hate that.

Gex

Edit: Eyeballing his feat, it looks really high end wall level if not higher. Gorgon ig

I think the argument would be similar enough to what Gyro was talking about? I think.

Magikarp could likely take it by flailing around enough and flopping into a nearby water source.

Starter Pack said:
Well, for starters, I'm voting Magikarp if it can play keep-away long enough from the dino to get back into the water. The advantage would just be too great for Magikarp and it would be able to outmaneuver it with ease and deal enough damage to leave it quite literally dead in the water.
Now, that being said, how much of a chance would it be for this baby dino to actually land a bite while Magikarp's flopping all over the place?
N-Nani?!

Oops it was Starter.

Sorry.

I have a bad memory apparently

it's hard to keep threads I'm participating in and a bunch of my own threads in order

Lol

Also worth mentioning that, since this is a well trained Magikarp, it should likely have the Intimidator IQ skill which acts as fear manip, preventing the opponent from attacking every now and then. Ima vote Magikarp FRH and A

Back