• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RL humans vs Magikarp

15,000 random RL humans each with a random weapon (9-A tier or lower) vs 10,000 random Magikarp, some below 9-A, some at 9-A, some at 10-C, and some above 10-C. Half start in water half start on land. The two sides start 300 feet away from eachother. Battle takes place on a very large beach.

Magikarp:

Humans:

Tie/incon:

Human's stomp because of there much, much higher intelligence. Magikarp may be Transonic, but they can't really do anything on land besides jump, which will then limit their movements. Magikarps in water will eventually be outlasted by humans finding something to build to counter the carps (such as building a nuke)

Oof the pokedex entries aren't very kind to magikarp
Pokemon Ruby pokedex entry
MAGIKARP is a pathetic excuse for a POKéMON that is only capable of flopping and splashing.

Last edited:
on land they can launch themselves into the air and the comeback down with 9-A KE which is actually what makes them 9-A (look at the calc yourself). They are fish mortars. Plus 9-A magikarp have 9-A dura while even if a human gets a 9-A weapon they still only have, at most, 10-A dura. so even 9-C magikarp could oneshot them.

Do all sized Magikarp count?
Cause then there's the Lord that Goh has.

Anyways i feel like it depends on the weapon and location and considering there's water as it is a beach, Magikarp can just jump out of the water at transonic speeds and ram through rows of humans

Ngl IRL is outdated

also I died of laughter when I saw that the verse page has like 50 opponents 😭😭

Magikarp wins from dashing through humans then quickly bouncing to the water. Magikarp should be fast enough to destroy rows of humans non-stop and dodge projectiles, most bullets would just hurt it leaving them in effective, rocket guns I don't think there'd be enough to overwhelm a Magikarp and it has high stamina too to make it believable with a hit and run tactic, I say Magikarp, High Diff though.

Some of the magikarp are below tier 9-A and to be bulletproof you have to be at least 8-C if I remember correctly.

Some of the magikarp are below tier 9-A and to be bulletproof you have to be at least 8-C if I remember correctly.
It really depends how much of them are 9-A, half of them being 9-A or even a quarter brings the result I said and I said the bullets would just harm them not do nothing to them, it's more like a feeling of stubbing your toe

It really depends how much of them are 9-A, half of them being 9-A or even a quarter brings the result I said and I said the bullets would just harm them not do nothing to them, it's more like a feeling of stubbing your toe
The toe stubbing statement would probably only be true for guns of 9-C and lower anything higher than that would do a great deal more damage than toe stubbing. Also as their are 6 tiers in this fight (10-C,10-B, 10-A, 9-C, 9-B and 9-A) we will assume there are equal numbers (1/6) of each.

Also guns range from transonic to supersonic+, transonic is no where near fast enough to avoid bullets.

Since when did you need 8-C dura to tank a bullet? Like you can tank nearly a ton of tnt at point blank but can't resist a bullet?

Bullets have high penatration and all their energy is focused on one point like a water jet. while explosions release their energy in all directions and some of it is lost to heat, vaporization, kicking up dust, etc. I'll try to find the calc if there is one.

Last edited:
The vast majority of magikarp are in the 10-c to low end 9-C range, with 9-B and above being ones that have either lived for many years (despite how easily they die off) or ones that are trained by magikarp jumpers.
These magikarp are so uncommon in the wild that in some regions it’s thought to be impossible for magikarp to get above a 7ft jump (~400 Joules), so it probably wouldn’t be too strange if there were only 1 or fewer 9-B and above magikarp in a group of 10,000

The toe stubbing statement would probably only be true for guns of 9-C and lower anything higher than that would do a great deal more damage than toe stubbing. Also as their are 6 tiers in this fight (10-C,10-B, 10-A, 9-C, 9-B and 9-A) we will assume there are equal numbers (1/6) of each.

15,000 / 6 = 2,500 Magikarp of each tier.

That said, large beach? What stops the humans fleeing to a store, buying gas masks, & mixing ammonia & bleach to make mustard gas or something to kill the Magikarp with bio-weapons?
Much quicker & easier than building a nuclear bomb, & probably less long-lasting consequences. Easier to acquire the materials, too.

Alternatively, find some power lines, get something to insulate, cut the lines, &, if the power is still running to the wires, set these up as traps to electrocute the Magikarp.

15,000 / 6 = 2,500 Magikarp of each tier.

That said, large beach? What stops the humans fleeing to a store, buying gas masks, & mixing ammonia & bleach to make mustard gas or something to kill the Magikarp with bio-weapons?
Much quicker & easier than building a nuclear bomb, & probably less long-lasting consequences. Easier to acquire the materials, too.

Alternatively, find some power lines, get something to insulate, cut the lines, &, if the power is still running to the wires, set these up as traps to electrocute the Magikarp.
Magicarp are fast way too fast and in a state of panic everyone will not think rationally

Magicarp are fast way too fast and in a state of panic everyone will not think rationally
Quote the OP:
15,000 random RL humans each with a random weapon (9-A tier or lower) vs 10,000 random Magikarp, some below 9-A, some at 9-A, some at 10-C, and some above 10-C. Half start in water half start on land. The two sides start 300 feet away from eachother. Battle takes place on a very large beach.

Also:
Only about a third of the Magikarp are 9-A or 9-B.

Or about 3,333 or so.
Plus, the humans outnumber the Magikarp by 5,000.

Even assuming Magikarp's rating applies to its travel speed (The idea of Transonic flopping around is amusing, at least.), Magikarp aren't that intelligent, & may not be that coordinated.

& giant fish that the humans might think are airdrowning might be a source of confusion more than panic. Regardless, they only need a few humans to be rational to succeed, & the Magikarp, even if they are hostile, likely don't have the sense to identify the least panicked humans, let alone target them from the start; How would the Magikarp PREDICT plans like that?!

Even if these Magikarp were that prepared, the numbers aren't in their favour, since they won't know WHICH humans have a good idea or not, & slightly less than half the Magikarp even ARE strong enough to one shot humans.

Not to mention, the usual means for Magikarp to get into the human killing tier is for the yield of its falls:

"A MAGIKARP living for many years can leap a mountain using Splash. The move remains useless, though."

The jumps that lead to those falls aren't common, & would take valuable time anyway. Almost all of Magikarp's other moves are from rather rare means, so they may not even be IC.

"An underpowered, pathetic POKéMON. It may jump high on rare occasions, but never more than seven feet."

Most of the Magikarp probably won't be fit enough to be a threat, & it may not even be IC for them to behave so.

Quote the OP:
Magikarp is transonic that distance isn't an issue at all

Magikarp is transonic that distance isn't an issue at all
Yes, but that may be for REACTION SPEED given the Speed is for evading Sound-based moves, rather than TRAVEL SPEED.

& in any case, distance (Except the distance they have to fall when they do their Tier 9 feat.) wasn't part of my argument.

Back