• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Gonna skip ahead a bit in the brackets while I rework it.

A81542d231560e4935ecc5fbf20bbbb5
Fourth Round of the 9-B Brackets begins! Our contestants for this round are Scar (Fullmetal Alchemist), and Bloodshot (Reboot). Click here to see current standings.

This is Reboot Bloodshot, and Scar before he accepts his reconstruction Alchemy. Combatants start at 20 meters, Speed is equalized. I may edit these rules if there is a stomp.

Scar - 5 (Mand, Apies, Spino, Shrek, Nico)

Bloodshot - 1 (Dziga)

Incon -

4653 render Render Scar016842
2316233-2011

Voting for Bloodshot since he has enough range to fatally wound Scar with his weaponry, not to mention that even if Scar menages to get in range to deconstruct Bloodshot he would still need to turn Blood into pieces otherwise Regen and Type 2 Immortality would allow Blood to fire at point blank range and finish Scar off.

Reconstruction is what allow Scar to ignore durability, isn't it? What kind of abilities does Scar have in this round?

Dziga said:
he would still need to turn Blood into pieces otherwise Regen and Type 2 Immortality
Scar's Profile, describing Decontruction Alchemy:

"Destroys the atomic bonds that hold the target together"

Although its depiction varies like crazy between OHKOing the target to making them explode in a bloody mess.

His Deconstruction is not consistent as you mentioned, he varies between outright exploding them to just dealing fatal wounds, tearing limbs or death by internal damage, not to mention that you can still defend yourself by blocking with a limb (to minimize the fatal damage) or just dodging his hand.

Antoniofer said:
Reconstruction is what allow Scar to ignore durability, isn't it? What kind of abilities does Scar have in this round?
He has Deconstruction Alchemy which allow him to atomize opponents.

Antoniofer said:
Decontruction allows Scar to ignore durability.

Reconstruction is regular alchemy, which if I allowed would make him have 8-C attacks.

This is alchemyless Scar who can only deconstruct, Gets outranged, outhaxxed and unable to hitkill at first. Stomp?

I see, so, touching Ray will cause him to explode or just atomize the exposed limb/part of the body?

he varies between outright exploding them to just dealing fatal wounds, tearing limbs or death by internal damage

Wwlp, Ray can survive 3 out of 4 that you mentioned, enought to make him learn to not get close to Scar relentlesy. Scar do not use technological devices, so Ray's technokinesis do not work here.

I believe Scar only needs two attempts to kill Ray. Once he notices dude can regenerate, he'll try some strategy or maximize power in order to completely blow him up in an emergency. Since his attacks ignore durability to the point of destroying Tier 8 people, it should be enough to do that.

Once they get close to each other, since Scar seems like a pro in disarming people and guns are equal to or weaker than knives at melee range, he should get the advantage. Thing is he needs to get that "critical hit" in order to use his skill and Bloodshot has too huge a stamina.

This battle would not be inconclusive for it'll end with one side being victorious, it's just hard to know which one, don't you guys agree?

I'm voting scar on that melee and "AP" advantage and melee advantage, although it's mostly to equalize their chances of winning.

Scar - 1 (Mand)

Bloodshot - 1 (Dziga)

I also believe Scar should have a durability advantage, seeing as Bloodshot scales to Bears/Cougers/Sharks and Scar is from firearms. Also, Scar can do environmental damage , although I'm not sure how useful that is here.

Dargoo Faust said:
I also believe Scar should have a durability advantage, seeing as Bloodshot scales to Bears/Cougers/Sharks and Scar is from firearms. Also, Scar can do environmental damage , although I'm not sure how useful that is here.
Has strategical utility, and higher durab allows to tank Bloodshot's attacks and compensate the massive resilience difference. The central park also has sewers, this allows him to attack from below, make lampposts and trees fall on Bloodshot... yeah, Scar wins.

Scar isn't the only one that can be tactical, once he learns that Scar can bypass durability he can create an strategy.

Besides scaling to big animals, Ray also has this feat here, and do not forget about other abilities such invisibility and the synaptic surge.

At the time, my vote still being null until more input.

Nico-v11 said:
Scar has always had his reconstruction alchemy he just never used it till the end of the show
True, I'll specify it's before he *accepts* is recon alchemy then. Like, before that fight he wouldn't touch it at all.

Antoniofer said:
Scar isn't the only one that can be tactical, once he learns that Scar can bypass durability he can create an strategy.
Besides scaling to big animals, Ray also has this feat here, and do not forget about other abilities such invisibility and the synaptic surge.

At the time, my vote still being null until more input.
1 - Then I guess they're equal, though I don't know how witty is Ray. Meanwhile, everyone in FMAB has high level intelligence just from the fact they can fight intelligently with alchemy.

2 - Seems still lower than or at the same level of Scar's best physical feats. How does Ray's invisibility work, though? Time limit, mechanics, all that stuff. And isn't synaptic surge only against mind-based powers?

3 - You could have used all that to vote for Ray and keep the thread dangling in an extremely balanced battle, silly you.

1 - Yeah, it can be either way, is just people didn't take the possibily of Ray being tactical so poiting that out.

2 - Don't known in what level of 9-B is Scar is, and not sure what level is shake several vehicles one dozen of meter away is. Invisibility work as the nanites reflect the light or something like that, it has no time limit as far is known; and the synaptic surge is able to knock down normal people, but most of the causes it cause a heavy headchache, it desactivate the psychic/psionic power of the ones that have it.

3 - Neh, I always vote when most of the people give some input, in cause I change my mind.

If we use this, then Ray gets quite inflated: no less than 2 megajoules, up to some low-end of Tier 8. Meanwhile, tanking a bullet with some scratch damage that bleeds and taking out multiple soldiers in one blow, being able to open holes in walls or burst parts of them into pieces is probably... around the level of young Saitama, possibly a bit (few times at best) higher.

Though one should perhaps isolate something small like the energy required to give just that scars the speed of their shaking. That still puts it anywhere from several kJ to a few hundreds of kJ but is less overt,

I'd say they're balanced in AP.

So far I heard, the only reason why Scar is winning is by using deconstruction that ignore durability, the other reasons like melee combat and being tactical can be used by Ray against Scar aswell. Ray as mentioned has the range and regen advantage, it has other powers but hasn't been debated get.

Antoniofer said:
So far I heard, the only reason why Scar is winning is by using deconstruction that ignore durability, the other reasons like melee combat and being tactical can be used by Ray against Scar aswell. Ray as mentioned has the range and regen advantage, it has other powers but hasn't been debated get.
I think one of the arguments is that Scar is heavily experienced in being at both a range disadvantage and fighting powered individuals such as alchemists, and is no stranger to dodging projectiles and closing distance.

That said I haven't seen anyone get into the topic of invisibility and stealth, although I'm not sure how often Ray would do that instead of a straight fight in character.

It's like Dargoo says. Scar has not only one advantage and is arguably superior in skill.

I think it's probable Scar would try something like area- and omnidirectional attacks to deal with invisibility since they're the standard counter to that, and his durability negation and High 8-C tier when with alchemy should allow him to widespread destruction through a range larger than his own, but that begins to become speculation, I think. He wasn't seen do that in character just as he's never fought an invisible enemy.

Mand21 said:
High 8-C tier when with alchemy should allow him to widespread destruction through a range larger than his own, but that begins to become speculation, I think.
This is before he accepts his reconstruction alchemy. Although he could theoretically cause 8-C environmental destruction.

8-C environmental destruction is basically what I mean. That allows him to nuke the environment and kinda deal with invisibility. Not guaranteed, but makes it really hard for someone to approach without hax or high enough intelligence.

Antoniofer said:
Invisibility work as the nanites reflect the light or something like that, it has no time limit as far is known
@Nico

Ok so since it's mostly camouflage and if you move while camouflaged then you can be spotted. Considering they're fighting in Central Park and they start off seeing each other I doubt it'll come into play much.

Besides Scar can just destroy large parts of the environment to snuff him out. Voting Scar since all he needs to do is place his hand on Blooshot once to kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back