• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Crimson_Azoth

VS Battles
Retired
5-reasons-to-grapple-in-a-streetfight
The third round of the 9-C Brackets begins! Winner of the last round was Gon Freecss via hunting a fox.

The contestants for this round are the Player (Call of Duty: Black Ops III), sponsored by Colonel Krukov versus The Atom, sponsored by Psychomaster

Hub

Current Standings: https://challonge.com/xquujoz3

• Speed is equalised
  • This is standard Player with all 9-B equipment restricted
  • Battle takes place in Death Valley, Arizona
  • The combatants begin 12 meters apart
Dakka: 7 (DontTalk, Tactical, Straw, Colonel, Listen, Wok, Zack)

Shrinka: 1 (Psycho)

Peace among worlds: 0

Atom-0
PlayerrrrBO3

When faced with a guy with a gun? This is a random guess, but probably shrinking

Kinda want more reasoning than that

The Atom usually shrinks his size down to the point he is so small, he is molecular level. He will shrink himself to the point he is too small for the Player to hit, and that will give Atom the oppertunity to probably go inside the Player's body and grow from the inside, killing the Player.

How atom fights is really the most important part. According to his profile shrinking and entering the opponents body to kill them isn't his go to strategy. That begs the question of how exactly he does fight.

If he tries to approach in order to shrink Player he probably gets shot.

If he shrinks to sizes too small to really percieve the only thing that the Player could possibly be able to do is use the Firefly Swarm. If the atom didn't shrink too small the nanobots might just be able to harm him.

Could the Player hack Atoms suit?

Psychomaster35 said:
that will give Atom the oppertunity to probably go inside the Player's body and grow from the inside, killing the Player.
Profile says that he doesn't do that

DontTalkDT said:
Could the Player hack Atoms suit?
Probably? Atom's suit is technological, and the Player does hack robots. Problem is whether a) he recognises Atom's suit as technological and b) Atom gives him the chance to back off and hack

Atom becomes more durable as he shrinks down making it harder for the Player to hit him. While its possible he can Transmute via rearranging molecules into something else, that was with his SoL Speed, which is equalized in this fight, so the process will be WAY harder.

Even at SoL, humans have A LOT of atoms. That process would take a long long time to make any difference

Honestly, if he punches people while being molecule size and below a normal humans regenerative capabilities would probably heal the damage faster than it can be caused.

It should be noted that Atom keeps the same strength and mass upon shrinking himself. So, he punches while at a molecular size and it will be the same strength as when he was regular sized.

Yes, but does he also keep the same AoE?

Now I understand it. His range is smaller as he shrinks. Regardless, the Player will have a ridiculously hard time shooting Atom, better yet, cant even see Atom due to him being at a molecular size, to the point he has already reached him and proceeds to likely Transmutate the Player's weapons into a different element for the weapon's molecules.

Wouldn't that take a ridiculous amount of time? Something like a gun probably has something around the order of 10^25 molecules.

Btw. is that his standard approach?

Not quite range mate. Area of effect. When Atom is as small as an atom, per say, his punches will not affect a large area of the Player's body. His fists will maybe be able to destroy a single nucleus at a time, because of the sheer size of space between atomic nuclei.

The human body generates 2,000,000 cells per second. The damage that Atom causes will just be regenerated almost instantly

Eh, the size manipulation will still benefit anyways just to make it nigh-impossible for him to be hit by bullets, far distance especially.

Would the nano swarm still be able to hit him?

I'm going to say Player for the time being. I think Atom would need to grow to sizes were he can be hacked or attacked by the nano-machines if he wishes to do serious damage. Those things probably have a decent chance to take him out then.

Going to go with the Player via DontTalkDT's reasons here.

If the atom just shrank out of sight, firefly swarm, concussive wave, hacking, and explosives would all seem to counter that pretty well since they're AoE or not traveling. At regular size, just shoot at him.

Also, Atom has no justification for SoL so idk if we should really consider it.

Voting player

Can you even see Atom once he shrinks down to a smaller size, even molecule size? Think about it. The Player would never know where he even is.

I suppose I must stand ground and vote Ray Palmer.

Atom doesn't start out that shrunk, it takes some time to get there, and "nano" bots aren't very big themselves. If a dude just disappeared in front of me I'd probably start off with the AoE or see if my hacking thing was picking anytning up.

Back