• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alright so I think I'm leaning tward otus here firstly he has a way larger AP advantage of 6.86 times. a maneuverability advantage being able to fly freely meaning batman will have trouble to keep up Batman can glide but that's not as good as flying freely. he could deflect some of batman's projectiles limiting what he can do to Otus who can utilize Alphonse and Geddy who can spam him out with their ranged options

so yeah epic otus moment

Okay, just for the laughs, I kind of wanted to go through Batman's listed arsenal to see how effective they would be against Otus here, since CuteAnimeNekoGirl did cover a good amount of Otus' advantages here.

• Batarang - Fairly basic option, but as was stated above, Otus could honestly dodge or deflect these, even without the help of his allies who have been known to shoot down projectiles for him.
  • Batclaw - Honestly, this is a pretty useful tool for Batman if he can grab Otus, being able to pull him closer in order to give him a proper beat down. Still, various methods of escaping CQC are available to the owl, such as spinning his Owl Cloak or distracting him with one of his allies.
  • Smoke Pellet - Otus can fly above this, but Batman may be able to utilize this to enact on his Stealth Mastery to try and get the drop on Otus. Seeing as SBA depicts this being in Central Park, NYC, results may vary.
  • Grapple Hook/Gun - Good fo Batman's overall mobility, but Twig can do basically the same thing for Otus.
  • Sonic Batarang - Honestly, this could be effective, depending on how potent the sonic blast is. But then you remember that Alphonse is a big robot who wouldn't be affected as much by the thing and could protect Otus while he got back his senses.
  • Remote Control Batarang - Similar results as the standard Batarang, but it would be a bit more challenging to knock away, and dodging is probably out of the question.
  • Remote Claw - Similar story to the Batclaw, though I'm not sure if there's something that Batman to stick Otus to aside from some of the nearby trees. And even so, one blast from Alphonse's shotgun will get things back in order
  • Concussion Detonator - Another tool that could be effective if used right, but again Alphonse and his other allies can be very helpful here.
  • Glue Grenade - Unsure if this is even applicable since it's supposedly been degraded to dust, but this would make things difficult for Otus considering it could make his Owl Cloak become incredibly sticky and very unwieldy. Again, though, might be able to circumvent this since I guess it's not in Batman's arsenal anymore.
  • Remote Electrical Charge Gun - Shooting literal electricity could be problematic for Otus, as he doesn't really have a distinct way to deal with it. Best he can do is try to dodge it with the help of Twig, but it could be an issue.
  • Freeze Blast - Similar problem as the Electrical Charge Gun, but Alphonse's fire shotgun should be able to minimize the problems with this one.
  • Line Launcher - Good for Batman's mobility, but again, Otus and Twig can follow suit.
  • Cryptographic Sequencer - Unhelpful.
  • Disruptor - Alphonse would not be affected by this, I would reckon. Pretty sure Owl tech is on a different level than standard tech from the Arkham universe.
  • Voice Synthesizer - He could do it, but I don't see how it would be all that helpful.
  • Remote Hacking Device - Again, Alphonse would not be affected by this.
  • Shock Gloves - This could be good if he got in punching range of anyone, especially Otus or Alphonse. Could be used in conjunction with the Batclaw to make a devastating combo.
  • Makeshift Weaponry - Nothing to comment here.
  • Fear Gas - Uh, Otus can fly over it, probably. Plus, again, Alphonse wouldn't be really affected by it.

So while Otus does have some overall advantages to Batman, the Dark Knight does have some tools in his arsenal that can be effective. Plus, he's smart enough in combat to be able to use his tools effectively and in conjunction with each other.

I am still willing to give Otus the win due to higher AP and also using his own tools effectively despite not having the variety Batman does. Batman depends a lot more on dodging than Otus does, since there are multiple weapons Batman has that Otus can simply reflect with his Owl Cloak, and unlike Batman, Otus can stay in the air and out of reach of many of Batman's attempts for combat without rest. Heck, instead of Batman pulling Otus down with his Batclaw, he would likely pull Batman up due to superior LS, another advantage Otus has over him.

I can see arguments being made in favor of Batman, but as it stands, I'm leaning towards the young owl from Vellie here.

The AP range I set on this tourney is 0.05 tons to 0.25 tons
Huh.

You know, that is a problem. The highest AP feat for the Arkham series is 0.045 tons of TNT. Which is, like, just short of that benchmark.

I know nothing of Otus, but judging from his file and what I know of this Batman, the latter has much more experience fighting a variety of supervillains with different abilities, and Otus's aren't nothing new, and Batman has already dealt with opponent who could fly (Firefly) or had the high ground on him through size or else.
Batman can also use all of his tools at the same time, while Otus has only one helper at the time, and they can be incapacitated, which is something Batman would most likely try to do.
The AP advantage is exactly 3x, consistent but nothing insormountable, and Batman deals with stronger opponents all the time.
Being pulled up would likely be a good thing for Batman, actually, and he has done that before.

Also, Otus's AR says he can reflect certain projectiles. Do we know what kind? And does he need do do a precise motion or just defend? Because Batman could either overload or work around it once he noticed he can do that.

Batman is also used at dodging ranged attacks, and his Enhanced Senses and Analytical Prediction further increase his capabilities.
Also the Batmobile can be summoned from afar, and it would be of especially good use to increase his mobility, defense, range (since it has guns and more stuff) and maybe even overpower Otus if Batman manages to hook him to the car.

Otus starting on the ground might also give Batman some chance of attacking before he soars too high.

Also, Otus's AR says he can reflect certain projectiles. Do we know what kind? And does he need do do a precise motion or just defend? Because Batman could either overload or work around it once he noticed he can do that.
He spins and knocks any projectiles coming his way with his Owl Cloak.

So he could be overwhelmed of forced to rely on that, given Bats' equipment.
Maybe Bats can also target blind spots not covered by the cape.
I also checked the related wiki for further details, and I think weapons such as Explosive Gel, Glue Bombs, Sonic Batarangs, Remote Control Batarangs and the elemental guns could seriously mess with Otus's cape.
And while Otus's teammates could somewhat counter Bats weapons, it pretty much depends on the situation and Otus having to deal with a new weapon after the other.

Because of this and my previous message, I'm prone to vote Batman.

I know nothing of Otus, but judging from his file and what I know of this Batman, the latter has much more experience fighting a variety of supervillains with different abilities, and Otus's aren't nothing new, and Batman has already dealt with opponent who could fly (Firefly) or had the high ground on him through size or else.
Batman can also use all of his tools at the same time, while Otus has only one helper at the time, and they can be incapacitated, which is something Batman would most likely try to do.
The AP advantage is exactly 3x, consistent but nothing insormountable, and Batman deals with stronger opponents all the time.
Being pulled up would likely be a good thing for Batman, actually, and he has done that before.

Batman is also used at dodging ranged attacks, and his Enhanced Senses and Analytical Prediction further increase his capabilities.
Also the Batmobile can be summoned from afar, and it would be of especially good use to increase his mobility, defense, range (since it has guns and more stuff) and maybe even overpower Otus if Batman manages to hook him to the car.

Otus starting on the ground might also give Batman some chance of attacking before he soars too high.
So he could be overwhelmed of forced to rely on that, given Bats' equipment.
Maybe Bats can also target blind spots not covered by the cape.
I also checked the related wiki for further details, and I think weapons such as Explosive Gel, Glue Bombs, Sonic Batarangs, Remote Control Batarangs and the elemental guns could seriously mess with Otus's cape.
And while Otus's teammates could somewhat counter Bats weapons, it pretty much depends on the situation and Otus having to deal with a new weapon after the other.

Because of this and my previous message, I'm prone to vote Batman.
Batman FRA

I, uh...I...

Dang it. Stupid Batman does Batman stuff FRA.

Otus never gets a chance to flourish in these things, smh.

And just to get this concluded

Batman FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back