• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A+ Tournament Round 2 Match 1. The Penitent One vs Batman

Would gave a conclusion straight away, but through the use of beads, TPO have some resistance against several gadgets, specifically talking about elemental based ones, and the Silver Lung of Dolphos could makes him immune to the nocive effects of the fear gas and smoke bombs (although it would not allows him to see within the cloud).

If Batman relies too much in ranged attacks, TPO could make use of Zarabanda of the Safe Haven and repels most incoming projectiles for a while until he closes the gap and enters melee; although considering Batman's martial prowness, this does not means a necessary wincon (still better than fighting at distance).

Guess Batman can make use of smoke bomb, disappear and then score a stealth kill, although if TPO do not see anything within the smoke cloud (or because Batman is hiding somewhere), he can make use of AoE prayers, more notably Cante Jondo of the Three Sisters, that at the very least will incapacitate Batman for a little while.

Gonna point out that Batman has a LS advantage, although it probably won't matter with the stuff both fighters have.
Not quite sure about Batman's AP value, but I suppose both fighters are pretty close?

TPO mostly limit to fight monsters so he does not really have any skilled feat beyond the use of his sword or sense of brutality. The most skilled beings he had dealed with are the soldiers of the Anointed Legion and Crisanta, that are the elite warriors of His Holiness.

Fair enough, TPO seems like he can handle himself against human opponents considering it seems like Crisanta has lived for quite some time and defeated him in the past so him winning shows some growth. Bats is skilled against foes of the blade, again like Talia's guards and Deathstroke who is often viewed as one of his greatest foes. Plus Ra's is also a sword user and has lived for 100s of years. If this fight goes into CQC Bats should have the sizeable advantage given better skill and LS, he does employ limb shattering grabs there too.

I'm not really sure for either person's opening move considering TPO doesn't have much of a personality and Bats seems to be more of an adapt to the fighter.

Given TPO is kind of customizable and mute, his modus operandi is kindnof vague beyond attacking with Mea Culpa (what is the only thing he does in cut scene).

I believe his wincon consist in relying in ranged AoE prayers such Cante Jondo to counter Bats attempt to disengage and use stealth, or use Zarabanda or that acidic mist prayer (forgot its name), so deny Bats his potential melee advantage (and Zarabanda also grants protections against projectiles).

The equipped beads can be the ones that grants elemental resistance and defenses, grant Fervour auto-recovery and generally improving Prayers. With the Lung he can already win immunity to poisonous gases.

Now it woukd depends of TPO to end Bats before he reach a point where he is out of Fervour reserves and needs for the "cooldown" to end.

kanye-west-stare.gif

Hmmmm

Well what I see is TPO has more versatility and his things can cancel out a fair chunk of what Bats has gadget wise. That said reading above it seems that TPO would be likely to lead by going into melee based off of cutscenes. This won't fare well for him as Bats is far more skilled and has battled better blade wielders like Deathstroke and Ras Al Ghul who are better than those who can solo dozens of foes, this combined with his higher LS is just gonna make it more worse for TPO given Bats frequently disarms his foes of weapons and just snaps their limbs outright in many of his moves.

IC from what I know with Bats he leads by adapting to what his opponent does if its a 1v1 unless he has prior knowledge to do smth else like fighting Mr Freeze, assuming this starts in a cqc fight Bats will likely just respond in kind. TPO's acidic mist prayer might help but Bat's suit does resist corrosion last I checked, Cante Jondo can incap Bats serving as a win con. Overall I'm voting Bats 6/10 atm via this starting as a close up fight and Batman ending it before TPO brings out other hax.

Mmm, don't think I have nothing else to add, although now that you bring the LS stuff and that in part of the executions he rip the head from the enemy's shoulders, I believe that could bump TPO to high-end Peak Human to Class 5 (5k to 15k Newtons), that would put him closer to Bats' LF; that, however, could require a revision if any.

Only thing left is voting, I guess. From the time being, I'll choose Incon, because, even though bat's could very well surpass TPO in melee combat, TPO could come out with a prayer than could impair Bats' for good if he avoid melee combat for a while.

Matching Bats LS might not do much, iirc he can still swing around Deathstroke who is comparable to him in their boss fight. Anyway still leaning on Bats here from what I said above

Back