• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
One of my favorite match ups

• MGS4 Snake at his finest is used (picture of MGS2 Snake because it's not withered old man), his 8-A weapons are restricted. Blood and Wine Geralt.
  • Speed is equalized
  • Geralt's AP with Euphoria is somewhat above 6.65 tons, can be amplified with potions. Snake scales to Volgi's 23.55 tons, so it's a less than 3.54 AP difference, no one-shot happens.
  • Geralt has one hour of preparation with potions.
  • Honorable battle (both are pretty honorable to be honest so it's in character), but willing to kill.
  • Distance is 25 meters, fight happens on safari
Who wins?

Solid Snake Spirit
Geralt witcher2
Geralt: 8
Snake: 1

Inconclusive:

So basically Marine vs Witcher but this time Snake is stronger by around 3.43x.

Would Snake survive piercing cold? It's a bit OOC I guess, but it's still an option.

Prolly not since even people in full snow-clothing and cyclops get affected by it

Yrden would also work wonders

Axii won't work because Psycho Mantis exists

I mean, protect against cold, but not the ice that will cover the suit and maybe slow him down

Yea Axii will be useless here. Piercing Cold, even if resisted, will at least do some damage imo.

To me they seem pretty comparable skill wise, but in CQC Snake will have an advantage because he's a decent bit stronger.

Yrden might even the odds with its stat debuffs.

This is a great fight! Good one, SpookyShadow.

Well, Snake is indeed stronger but it wouldn't matter since in a QCQ Geralt will use Yrden to slow him down, and get an advantage.

Snake can be stronger, but Geralt is faster here.

Speed is equalized but Yrden would definitely slow down and debuff Snake enough for Geralt to overwhelm him

The problem is, if Snake grabs Geralt in CQC... he won't break out and probably will break him arm with knee

Also, wouldn't it be kinda dishonourable to just throw a debuff on your opponent like that?

And just so you know, I'm currently working on adding some abilities to MGS and one of these is instinctive reactions for Snake

you mean why? Well, there's stuff like him dodging a bullet he couldn't have seen coming from Sniper Wolf or avoiding the guard while in the DARPA chief's cell in Twin Snakes, and in MGS4 he straight up tells Otacon that "his body reacts naturally" when he's approached by an enemy soldier

The first thing Snake is gonna do when he engages Geralt is gonna be disharming him, which he's gonna be able to do, I don't know what would happen next because i don't know Geralt well enough but it would probably be something along the lines of blasting Snake away to put some distance between them

With that difference in Lifting strength I very much doubt Geralt will send Snake away and Snake just needs to grap him once to break everything he can

yeaah, that's the deal. CQC is all about grappling and Snake is stronger than Geralt and has a ridiculous lifting strength advantage, Geralt will be caught off guard by a martial art (it's actually a mixture of a fuckton of martial arts but whatever) that is nothing like anything he's ever seen or heard of

It now depends on the skill if Geralt gets grabbed. I believe Snake and Geralt are both around the same level within their respective verses, Geralt is a swordsman so grappling will be hard for Snake to pull off

I know Snake knows how to deal with swords, but Geralt is superior to the ninja cyborgs in MGS1/MGS4 when it comes to combat skill. Jack in Rising might be the only who comes close in any way, and I still doubt it. And Geralt is really good when it comes to dodging and parrying, and usually uses his Igni and Aard signs, sometimes Yrden and Heliotrope.

is he tho? Gray Fox is about as skilled as Snake himself and he was also considered to be a perfect soldier during his Fox Hound days, he's very good, most likely better than any human swordsman. The fact that Geralt won't know what is happening sure doesn't help, because there's no way he has ever even heard of something even remotely close to CQC in his when

Unfortunately Gray doesn't have as good feats as Geralt, and Snake defeated him in MGS1 even though he was physically inferior.

Let's not forget the fact that Gray WANTED to have his shit kicked in, was Snake's ally and was EXTREMELY mentally unstable at the time

Well fair enough, but we should not forget the fact that Gray Fox doesn't have as much swordplay experience and prowess as a swordsman as Geralt. But I didn't play MGS1 so can't tell if his feats were crazy back then, but I don't remember anything that good.

Back