• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE)The Psychopath Boss Fight We Sadly Never Got

On a hot summer day in Miami, Frank sees people running out of a Walmart in terror, He whips out his camera and decides to head inside hoping to make the next big headline. He wanders for a bit until he turns the corner of the men's clothes section and sees a man in a rubber chicken mask, bloody bat in hand, standing over the bodies of men in white suits now tainted with blood. Frank snaps a photo saying "Fantastic" right after, the man with the weird mask snaps his head around. Frank jumps a little bit at the suddenness of it."Woah there buddy, Let's not do something stupid." says Frank. The man tilts his head to the side, bat raised over his head slowly walking towards Frank without uttering a single word. Frank smiles, realizing whats about to go down"Now things are getting Egg-citing!" mutters Frank. Let the Bloodshed Begin!

Both are 9-B and fully equipped

SPEED IS EQUALIZED

Who wins and why?

Jacket (Hotline Miami) : 1 (Abstractions)

Frank West : 7 (Jackythejack, Dusty Raider, Tybaltcapulet, XSOULOFCINDERX, Suenoangela, ZephyrosOmega, Noel.caliber14) (GRACE)

286-2861921 jacket-jacket-hotline-miami-fanart
"......"

Frank Render Fixed
"You think I'm scared of you? I've covered wars you know."

Dead Rising Cliff Hudson's Theme
Dead Rising Cliff Hudson's Theme

Fight Theme

Fully equipped can mean a lot of things for Frank, are we assuming he has access to combo weapons within those limitations or standard weaponry?

Jacket is much, much more skilled than Frank. Even if Frank is 5.66x more durable, at this range (going by OP's narrative) Jacket could easily throttle Frank in CQC before putting a knife in his throat.

Jacket wins 8/10.

Xx.davidparra said:
Frank has expirence fighting people way more skilled than him
Not on the level of Jacket's skill though, Jacket could perform feats an entire military company could not.

Having experience against people more skilled doesn't matter as that's on a case by case basis.

Xx.davidparra said:
What stops Frank from starting with matter hax? They both start with all their equipment
Because it isn't in character.

Wait, Jacket doesn't exactly have a standard equipment, he just pick up anything he could use in his sight.

You might need to give him something at first.

At this range Frank also starts with his camera flash in character so it can give him time to further the distance

Jamesthetaker said:
Wait, Jacket doesn't exactly have a standard equipment, he just pick up anything he could use in his sight.

You might need to give him something at first.
It's likely assuming he has firearms at his disposal.

Xx.davidparra said:
At this range Frank also starts with his camera flash in character so it can give him time to further the distance.
Not going to help against someone who can see incredibly far and deduce enemy locations well enough to not get caught off guard even in dreary conditions, not to mention having incredible aim.

Also, a camera flash realistically wouldn't blind someone that long, and Jacket already knows Frank uses a camera based on your OP and can probably anticipate it if it's going to be used to blind him.

If I gave Jacket all his equipment that he uses in-game and made them start further from each other would it still be fair?

Xx.davidparra said:
If I gave Jacket all his equipment and made them start further from each other would it still be fair?
It's fair where it is, giving Jacket more distance when he already has better aim and sight than Frank makes it more one-sided, without even taking into account that Jacket was a part of a 4 man team that operated behind enemy lines and took out several Soviet outposts in a night, so he's incredibly stealthy as well.

Xx.davidparra said:
this seems like a stomp unless I give Frank prep time
Frank has win cons, decisive or convincing =/= stomp.

Also what would prep even do for him here if you gave him all his equipment anyway, almost everything he makes he only gets by prepping.

he can set up turrets around the area that can shoot bullets but also elemental attacks (Acid, Electricity, etc)

Xx.davidparra said:
he can set up turrets around the area that can shoot bullets but also elemental attacks (Acid, Electricity, etc)
Jacket can spot them and either sabotage or destroy them from a distance due to his excellent vision.

Xx.davidparra said:
Frank also can set up mines and traps
See above.

Also, when has he ever done this in character?

Xx.davidparra said:
Frank with prep basically uses anything he has at its full potential
That really doesn't answer my question, I asked when does he ever deploy mines and traps in preparation for a 1v1 encounter?

Combo weapons are one thing, but assuming he's going to be hiding traps and whatnot is another.

No, but Frank with prep can make all the combo weapons he needs including the ones mentioned above and I don't see why he wouldn't use them

Xx.davidparra said:
No, but Frank with prep can make all the combo weapons he needs including the ones mentioned above and I don't see why he wouldn't use them

Frank's not an idiot. He's going to use the most effective things at his disposal in his arsenal of weapons. He has most advantages here imo, including the hax, the versatility, and invulnerability.

Abstractions said:
Xx.davidparra said:
Please tell me what you think is in character for frank? Because he doesn't fight in cutscenes usually at all so you'd need good evidence.

Jackythejack said:
Frank's not an idiot. He's going to use the most effective things at his disposal in his arsenal of weapons. He has most advantages here imo, including the hax, the versatility, and invulnerability.
"Not an idiot" does not equate to optimal strategy, having versatility and hax is nice but it doesn't matter if Jacket's far better with a weapon and more skilled.

Jackythejack said:
Please tell me what you think is in character for frank? Because he doesn't fight in cutscenes usually at all so you'd need good evidence.
Half of his encounters are up close and personal and the few instances he has a weapon in a cutscene are a handgun and a bat.

It's not up to me to prove what's in character because I'm not asserting what's his go to, just stating what isn't.

You need to prove to me that Frank is going to perform as optimal as what is claimed.

I can only think of two cutscenes where he had a handgun and that was the Carlito fight and the cutscene where he actually had a gun and that was at the very start of his adventure and then the baseball bat...I don't recall him having a baseball bat in any specific cutscene. Could you fill me in on that.

either way my main reasoning to say that frank would use the best weapons in his arsenal is mostly because in the games he comes in, the combo weapons are always the better choice over normal weapons. Jacket looks like a psychopath and therefor frank would want to kill him quickly (as shown in DR4 he doesn't mess around), and frank's general intelligence and determination to actually survive conclude that he wouldn't stick to small guns when he has things that could end the fight instantly.

also yes half of his encounters in cutscenes are up close and personal. Are you trying to say he'd run at jacket and try to punch him? Or that he would forgo an assault rifle or the disintegrator because he has a handgun?

Jackythejack said:
I can only think of two cutscenes where he had a handgun and that was the Carlito fight and the cutscene where he actually had a gun and that was at the very start of his adventure and then the baseball bat...I don't recall him having a baseball bat in any specific cutscene. Could you fill me in on that.

either way my main reasoning to say that frank would use the best weapons in his arsenal is mostly because in the games he comes in, the combo weapons are always the better choice over normal weapons. Jacket looks like a psychopath and therefor frank would want to kill him quickly (as shown in DR4 he doesn't mess around), and frank's general intelligence and determination to actually survive conclude that he wouldn't stick to small guns when he has things that could end the fight instantly.

also yes half of his encounters in cutscenes are up close and personal. Are you trying to say he'd run at jacket and try to punch him? Or that he would forgo an assault rifle or the disintegrator because he has a handgun?
Case West, where he uses the bat to save Chuck and is the weapon he defaults to without player influence in the DLC.

While that is the logical player choice a good portion of cutscenes show Frank up close and personal even when victorious over a psychopath, Frank also doesn't efficiently kill because half the psychopaths have some sort of quip or monologue after their beatdown.

Frank has never been the type to be 100% serious, in fact, he got less serious as the series went on.

No, I'm saying that there's no evidence he'd lead with those kinds of weapons and this is a problem with all characters that have vast amounts of equipment, I didn't say he'd go in punching, but that doesn't mean he's suddenly whipping out the best thing imaginable.

I mean in frank's dreams we see him fight using combo weapons that he would later go on to create. Case West I suppose you have a point on but, unless this is the start of the game, you could literally walk into a cutscene with anything and the game will force that upon you.

Frank's been serious in the first game. Don't recall Case West I never actually played it. In DR4 yeah he's shown to be more comedic but this is the one that's even more prone to killing things in admittedly kinda brutal fashion. Burning zombies alive or otherwise. Either way

Jackythejack said:
I mean in frank's dreams we see him fight using combo weapons that he would later go on to create. Case West I suppose you have a point on but, unless this is the start of the game, you could literally walk into a cutscene with anything and the game will force that upon you.
Frank is an NPC in Case West, that is his weapon of choice in the DLC so the game isn't forcing it on anyone.

The game literally starts with a cutscene, where frank only has the baseball bat in his hands. We have no context to why he picked it up. Nothing to imply that's what he prefers. I could just as easily make the assumption that was the only good weapon he could find at that given moment.

Which is consistent with him wanting the pistol. It's a gun and there are zombies around. He doesn't know combo weapons exist, so a gun is his best option so he takes it. Even in Case West it's before he could make combo weapons, or at least the cutscene was, and a baseball bat is one of the better weapons in the game. It's the best weapon at his disposal, so he uses it

Jackythejack said:
The game literally starts with a cutscene, where frank only has the baseball bat in his hands. We have no context to why he picked it up. Nothing to imply that's what he prefers. I could just as easily make the assumption that was the only good weapon he could find at that given moment.
This actually does not matter, as it what the AI defaults to regardless. You cannot throw assumptions and fanon over what is shown and requires no assumptions whatsoever.

"In Case West, when AI Frank's weapon breaks and is not given another one, he will infinitely re spawn a new bat."

This is coded into the game regardless of progression, attempting to deny it with baseless assumptions is wrong.

Best weapon "at his disposal" doesn't hold credence over clear preference.

Back