• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C haxless bracket round 9: Azurill vs Jean Pierre Polnareff

The Smashor said:
Also, in Pokemon, Ghost types' intangiblity is, incomplete for lack of a better term.
They can phase through non-elemental attacks along with solid surfaces such as walls and floors. I don't see how their intangibility is questionable.

They can be hit by attacks just because their losely related to dragons or fairies. They can be hit by poison. They can be hit by throwing a rock at them. They can be hit by a bug biting them. Ghost Type intangibility is wierd, and hitting a Ghost Type definately dosn't mean you can hit a stand.

So just by being a bug in the Pokemon Universe you get NPI? Seems legit.

Anyway, even to normal ghosts Stands can't be seen, and this would likely also apply to their intangiblity.

Proof?

Long story short, a ghost couldn't see Heaven's Door when Rohan used it on them. Can Azurill see ghosts better then ghosts can?

The Smashor said:
Proof?

Long story short, a ghost couldn't see Heaven's Door when Rohan used it on them. Can Azurill see ghosts better then ghosts can?
Except Neimi very clearly reacted to Rohan pulling out Heaven's Door?

The Smashor said:
So just by being a bug in the Pokemon Universe you get NPI? Seems legit.
Yes, being able to hit an intangible gives you NPI. With all respect, I don't see how this is hard to understand whatsoever.

But why would literal random animals just have NPI? Also, tangible ghost types (Like Mimikyu) still are immune to normal and fighting. The entire thing is sketchy at best.

You're talking about species who can manipulate elements, move mountains, manipulate gravity, control minds among other supernatural feats. They're not random animals at all. As for Mimikyu, there's an intangible ghost hiding under its tangible disguise. The disguise being unaffected by normal and fighting attacks is probably just game mechanics

Banette (A posessed doll). Also that Tree Ghost from Gen 6 that I can't remember the name of (An actual tree posessed)

All of them? All of them? Show me proof of literally every ghost Pokemon, actually no that's way too much maybe just the ones I mentioned yeah that's much more reasonable, walking through walls.

Hahaha, Azurill.

Also I'm voting for Azurill, this match is pretty simple IMO. Sing, being able to see Silver Chariot, amping, Charm, etc...

I probably shouldn't have let Pokemon into this bracket, since even weaker ones have nearly garenteed lolsleephax.

I just kind of expected Pol to win quickly and move on, honestly. But seriously omnidirectional sound based Sleephax how did I let this happen in my haxless bracket.

GyroNutz said:
Azurill can see invisible traps via Trap Seer; it can probably see Silver Chariot here.
So it can use a trap detection spell to detect invisible spirits?

What?

The Smashor said:
I just kind of expected Pol to win quickly and move on, honestly. But seriously omnidirectional sound based Sleephax how did I let this happen in my haxless bracket.
Okay but we already established that Azurill doesn't use it a lot. It's proabbly the best Pokémon you could've gotten in here.

But stuff like Charm and growl are going to make Silver Chariot weaker and weaker

F*** it we're giving Pol Chariot Requiem

Yeah, just kind of salty that the only JoJo char left in the bracket is someone named Wekapipo.

Technically falling for Charm is purely CIS. The official description says that Charm works by the enemy charming their opponent. Growl is the same. They both make the opponent hold back through cuteness. I think SBA might null this.

Dargoo Faust said:
So it can use a trap detection spell to detect invisible spirits?

What?
It's not a spell, but Pokemon can also see other Pokemon who have used the invisify orb

Back