• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A Tournament of P&A: Kanan Jarrus vs Kokushibo

So what Kanan answer to Kokushibo arsenal? He has many techniques that consist the AoE attacks that had bazilions of cutter-like moon and passive precog on top of it, doesn't mention high-mid regen

Well, the telekinesis(The Force) should definitely help. If he restricts Kokushibo's movements, he can't use any Moon Breathing forms.

Kanan has a lifting strength of class M using the Force. He has done stuff with telekinesis like tossing asteroids at a spaceship on his profile.

Also, while Kokushibo probably has the edge in swordsmanship, Kanan's lightsaber should just cut through his big flesh sword. I'm pretty sure the lightsaber can cut through Kokushibo's neck, too.

I mean, Kokushibo flesh sword is very durable too as i remember
You also need to remember about his passive precog so Kanan would have a hard time to landing his lightsaber

I don't think the precog through the Force is as active though as Demon Slayer precog, at least based on what I've seen from Kanan specifically

Kanan doesn't do TK pin in character, he's more likely to deflect or push back. So this is actually a nice fight

So he doesn't restrain the opponent with the force in-characters? Then i see Kokushibo take this rather easily
Passive precog and his moon breathing is really lethal enouh to take down Kanan, and even if Kanan successfull beheaded him, he can still regenerated his head just like what happened in his fight against Sanemi, Gyomei, Muichirou, and Genya

I mean he doesn't do it but it doesn't stop him from using TK to try and push Kokushibo away and he can probably do it after being sufficiently pressured (although his fear might make it hard for him to focus)

The reason why Kanan doesn't use TK pin that often is because force users have passive telekinetic barriers, so unless you are more powerful in the Force you won't be able to do too much to break their barrier down. That being said, he has pinned the Grand Inquisitor so this is something he does in character and is a valid Wincon.

Otherwise Kanan usually goes up against non-forcd sensitive who are generally in the Tier 9 range so he doesn't really need to bust out TK spam or anything.

also, he has held his own against force-users who werent just faster than him but also had their own passive precognition like all other force users.

The Force is a metaphysical power based on thoughts and emotions, and iirc kokushibo's precognition is instead based upon muscle movements and body language which cements his already decisive edge in swordfighting, although a lightsaber should be able to throw him off his game.

There's also Kanan's mind hax which is something I see him using first before any extensive application of telekinesis, making it his primary Wincon imo. Especially considering the fact that kokushibo does not resist it at all and that it is a good way to get around his Immortality and Regeneration, aside from a TK incapacitation.

Kanan's mind hax should be somewhere around, if not above Luke's level before ESB, which was when Luke had a great telepathic feat of resisting the control of an entire city's hivemind. His resistance should scale to his Potency.

Kanan is also able to sense auras from great distances. He will be able to sense the Aura and presence of kokushibo, which will allow Kanan to gauge his opponent's raw power and realise that he has to go for mind hax or TK pin.

The biggest problem kokushibo presents however, is his passive Battle Aura. I need to know what it's range is and how deadly it is. Is his Aura strong enough to finish fights alone? If so, is it's range equal to or greater than 4 km (SBA starting distance). Because Kanan has planetary range with his telepathy/senses. Though his profile should say interstellar since he is far above the likes of his padawan, Ezra.

I think I can see Kanan winning this with Medium to high difficulty via mind hax and TK pin. However, I am unsure to what extent kokushibo's battle Aura hax will factor in this match.

Kokushibo battle aura is pretty high as he was the strongest demon ever exist after Muzan, but do note that the aura isn't nowhere being Reiatsu/Nen level of bullshit

But honesly as soon as i see the mind hax, i went "nope" on it and since its potency is really high then i don't see Kokushibo handled it, so a mismatch?

Kokushibo battle aura is pretty high as he was the strongest demon ever exist after Muzan, but do note that the aura isn't nowhere being Reiatsu/Nen level of bullshit

But honesly as soon as i see the mind hax, i went "nope" on it and since its potency is really high then i don't see Kokushibo handled it, so a mismatch?
I wouldn't really say it's a mismatch since kokushibo skill stomps in close combat and his aure still helps in this fight. I just think that Kanan has the more solid wincon in mind hax and TK pin in needed.

Generally no, but those situations were against people where he didn't need it, or against those who had Resistance to it like other force users.

In this situation, I definetly see him leading with mind hax, since Jedi avoid conflict when they can, particularly in circumstances where discretion is important. Like Kenobi and Ezra using it on stormtroopers or Luke using it to gain entry into Jabba's palace.

When did Luke do the hivemind thing in canon? I do not remember.

It should be noted that the SBA will also affect Kanan's battle style a bit (since his main goal is to disarm, not kill).

It should be alright, and might also be needed given some the other participants resist it. Anyway, need input here

I'll declare this as stomp, Kanan mindhax is bullshit
And i dunno, most of the participant that i seen doesn't have a mindhax resistance and even if they'll do it must be reaching equal or even surpassing the city hivemind level, if not then bye i guess

I'm fairly certain we've changed our standards on mindhax based on a previous thread by @DontTalkDT, so the number of people it affects isn't an acceptable metric for potency anymore

I mean the potency of Kanan's mind hax isn't too relevant since kokushibo does not even have a baseline resistance. Kanan, a fully-fledged Jedi Knight should at least be on Luke's level telepathically when he resisted the hivemind. Making his potency above baseline by a one layer. No where near as OP as Madoka shit, or even Legends force users.

Canon does have some potent mind hax in its top tiers, with Darth Vader being far superior to Kanan yet still got mind hax by a Lovecraftian entity, which Darth Sidious mind haxed later.

I mean the potency of Kanan's mind hax isn't too relevant since kokushibo does not even have a baseline resistance.
And thats why i said its a stomp
The reason why i mentioned his mindhax potency is because it's going to affect the tourney
anan, a fully-fledged Jedi Knight should at least be on Luke's level telepathically when he resisted the hivemind. Making his potency above baseline by a one layer. No where near as OP as Madoka shit, or even Legends force users.
Still pretty strong regardless

And thats why i said its a stomp
The reason why i mentioned his mindhax potency is because it's going to affect the tourney

Still pretty strong regardless
I mean I don't necessarily think it's a stomp. Mind hax is a decisive win con for Kanan but kokushibo slaughters kanan in close quarters. There's a difference between a decisive victory and a stomp.

Back