• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A Tournament of Blood and Skulls, Preliminary Match 6: Black Star vs Axe

• Both are 8-A, Black Star is in his first key
  • Both have their standard equipment
  • Speeds are equalized
  • Both start 5 meters apart
Axe: 1
Black Star:

Last edited:
Hmmm

Black Star has quite a few amps both for AP/Dura as well as Speed, Black Star is skilled af and he also has soul hax that allows to stun his opponents upon contact.

Black star: 234.28 Tons of TNT

Axe: 695.11 tons of TNT

3 Times the AP advantage

Skill: Axe can defeat an army of soldies with his hands and can identify weakpoints with ease, Black star is fairly skillful but opponents with more experience are prone to wreck him at the beginning

Abilities: Axe can´t taunt Star, Star in the other hand, is facing someone who normally would counter all his attacks with counter helix which ignores defense, so one good counter to the neck, torso, etc and he is done, while Star landing one hit would paralize Axe but he has magical protection, so I don´t know what would happen here because "Soul damage" would count as magic if the verses are equalized, this point needs people who knows more about Dota 2

And Star lacks resistance to his curse, I also don´t know if resisting mind manipulation would stop the curse for enraging him, but he would get damage if he is not inflicting damage, and trying to hit Axe is asking for a counter, Star has speed amp, but instintive reactions solve that

So, the battle can end in 3 ways, One counter and Star is finished, Axe can resist his soul attacks for the magical protection and wins via AP/Skill or the magical protection is useless and Star would use Axe as a punching bag

Option 1 seems extremely likely because Star is fairly yolo and would go directly to hit him, eating a direct counter and dying

Skill: Axe can defeat an army of soldies with his hands and can identify weakpoints with ease, Black star is fairly skillful but opponents with more experience are prone to wreck him at the beginning
That's far from a good skill feat... And Black Star has defeated more experienced opponents himself, have you ever read Soul Eater? Black Star defeated Mifune who had years of experience over Black Star.

Anyway, what exactly is Counter Helix? How does it work?

That's far from a good skill feat...
Defeating an army of soldies with his mere hands when that army is using weapons and then proceed to even defeat the elite warriors of that army is better that Black Star usual display of skill that normally is facing someone with much experience, getting bodied at the beginning and winning via trickery/willpower

Edit: And his lore also consist in starting as a grunt and challenging his own superiors, killing then and usurping their position, participating also in a 7 year war where he was consistently carnaging the battlefield and at the end, his army was gone, then he decided to be a one man army himself

And then you count gameplay and his is always facing people like this

Counter Helix: When attacked, Axe performs a helix counter attack, dealing damage to all nearby enemies.

Finally: Every single attack from Black Star does paralize? Because I think that only happens if he use martial arts to infuse his own wavelenght, not when he is using Tsubaki as a weapon

Defeating an army of soldies with his mere hands when that army is using weapons and then proceed to even defeat the elite warriors of that army is better that Black Star usual display of skill that normally is facing someone with much experience, getting bodied at the beginning and winning via trickery/willpower
Black Star is a skilled user of 6 different weapons and is also a skilled hand to hand fighter, his final fight with Mifune was literally a 1v1 with 1 sword with no tricks or powers and Black Star won, Mifune being a (multi) sword master and being more experienced than Black Star (and also having just as much willpower as Black Star, btw) both in general and wielding specifically Katanas.

I am not saying Black Star doesn't have tricks and willpower, but he doesn't win solely because of those.

Edit: And his lore also consist in starting as a grunt and challenging his own superiors, killing then and usurping their position, participating also in a 7 year war where he was consistently carnaging the battlefield and at the end, his army was gone, then he decided to be a one man army himself
If his superiors have no feats, why would i take them as being any more than fodder? For real, killing a bunch of randoms isn't that good of feat.

Finally: Every single attack from Black Star does paralize? Because I think that only happens if he use martial arts to infuse his own wavelenght, not when he is using Tsubaki as a weapon
Yeah, it only works with his H2H attacks.

If his superiors have no feats, why would i take them as being any more than fodder? For real, killing a bunch of randoms isn't that good of feat.
The Red Mist is an Oglodi army, notable for invading the Thousand Tarns. Its grunts were taught to aim for the neck,[1] and cowards were forced to cut their hair in shame.[2] Among the Red Mist was a Reaper, a respected figure responsible for executing those who flee from battle.[3] Aside from combat, the Red Mist were also able blacksmiths, with each grunt being responsible of forging his own sword and shield.[4]

Axe was part of the Red Mist, and climbed through the ranks by eliminating rivals until the only soldier left was himself. He then took this chance to declare himself the Red Mist General.[5] After the Red Mist fell into disarray, it was replaced by the Bloodmist army.[6]

If you think an army like this is fodder I don´t know what to do, Mifune also lost to Black Star in their first battle because Mifune can´t fight childs, Angela clearly state it, in their second Fight, Mifune low diff him because "I can´t lose twice to the same guy", and the third fight is filler of anime Edit: Okey, is not filler, but the anime changes a lot of things and I thought this did not happened in the manga, but this Black Star is extremely more powerful that the beginning of the series key that I literally don´t know how he is not 7-C or anything
Black Star is a skilled user of 6 different weapons

And Axe can use 4 different weapons, and calling "weapon" a smoke bomb is absurd, there is 0 mastery in how to throw a bomb, and two of his weapons are swords of different size, so at best, is 3 different TYPES of weapons, chain wich sickles, a small sword, a shuriken (counting this because he can at least control the direction) and a long sword, creating a clone is not a weapon

Last edited:
If you think an army like this is fodder I don´t know what to do, Mifune also lost to Black Star in their first battle because Mifune can´t fight childs, Angela clearly state it, in their second Fight, Mifune low diff him because "I can´t lose twice to the same guy", and the third fight is filler of anime
Now that they have a few feats they're slightly better, but for real none of those are really impressive, aiming for the neck is good for standard tactics and things like that, being good at blacksmithing isn't combat applicable 90% of the time.

Also, you clearly don't know Soul Eater if you're saying their 3rd fight was filler:

Their first fight was during black star's introduction (chapter 2) then during the first attack against Arachnophobia they had their second fight (chapter 28) and then during the final fight with Arachnophobia, the invasion of Baba Yaga's castle, they had their third fight (chapter 48 onwards)

And Axe can use 4 different weapons, and calling "weapon" a smoke bomb is absurd, there is 0 mastery in how to throw a bomb, and two of his weapons are swords of different size, so at best, is 3 different TYPES of weapons, chain wich sickles, a small sword, a shuriken (counting this because he can at least control the direction) and a long sword, creating a clone is not a weapon
Kusarigama, Big Shuriken, Ninjato/Kunai, Chain-Sword and Katana, yeah it's still 5 different weapons.

Black Star can adapt to the style of his opponents unconsciously, so he really is more skilled than you're giving him credit for.

Okey, is not filler, but the anime changes a lot of things and I thought this did not happened in the manga, but this Black Star is extremely more powerful that the beginning of the series key that I literally don´t know how he is not 7-C or anything
The 6C feat shouldn't scale to anyone, the tier 7 feat was done by Post TS 3rd Sanzu Line Kid, Black Star is only at that level after acquiring the Madness of Strength from the Book of Eibon.

Sooooo, that old af thread isn't changing anything, at least not for this version of Black Star.

unknown.png

Black Star advances

Back