• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A FC/OC Brackets: Finale

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
the road so far...

This round is Austerus vs The Fallen Elf Generals

Standard Battle Assumptions are in play, and speed is equalized.

Austerus can easily beat up 8-B Anikitos and deflect a 500 Ton Bomb, while The Fallen Elf Generals are vastly superior to Elven Commanders

SPECIAL ALERT: Also note, The Fallen Elf Generals lack Fluctlights, which is SAO's idea of a soul (basically some quantium physics forkery that sounds like MEDICLORIANS when said out loud), though this might not effect this match that much

Who will prevail?

Austerus:

The Fallen Elf Generals: 3 (ThePixelKirby, Smashtwig and Uninow)

Ayy lmao
Ayy lmao

neither of them have pictures so have fun laughing at this being in the final round of the tourney

AP: Close to even. FEG are vastly superior to 366, and Austerus is superior to 500.

Speed: FEG. Their powerful speed amp will be incredibly useful in this fight.

Intelligence: Very hard to say. I'll need DMUA to weigh in on this.

Skill: Likely reaosnable close. Austerus is a trained war veteran, and Fallen Elf Generals are... also trained war veterans.

Fallen Elf Generals' biggest strength here is speed, and the fact that there are two of them. This gives them quite a sizable advantage, and Austerus will both have problems dodging and hitting.

Will continue in an edit, have to switch to mobile.

Probably Austerus via the nature of The Generals generally not needing to use much int when they're already just vastly stronger then whatever opponents they're up against, but, their backstory is never really dived into as they're mostly just the 1d villains puppeting the actually nice elves into fighting eachother

ThePixelKirby said:
AP: Close to even. FEG are vastly superior to 366, and Austerus is superior to 500.

Speed: FEG. Their powerful speed amp will be incredibly useful in this fight.

Intelligence: Very hard to say. I'll need DMUA to weigh in on this.

Skill: Likely reaosnable close. Austerus is a trained war veteran, and Fallen Elf Generals are... also trained war veterans.

Fallen Elf Generals' biggest strength here is speed, and the fact that there are two of them. This gives them quite a sizable advantage, and Austerus will both have problems dodging and hitting.

Will continue in an edit, have to switch to mobile.
Intelligence: Austerus, although that's more of a guess, as little is known about FEG.

Overall, I only have to ask: DMUA, what are a list of FEG's most notable sword skills? Like, 5ish that would be useful here.

It's basically everything up to level 90, which I can't exactly tell you since the whole arsenal was lost to time when Mark wanted to revamp the whole thing

Some notable ones are Phantom Rave, which hits intangibles and phases through defenses to deal true damage, Fairy Dance, which moves in such a way that comparable opponents can't really see it happen unless they succeed with perception, and the rest is mostly just miscellaneous effects with the main benefit just being power increase.

I'll wait for arguments for Austerus, but it does seem like FEG has a large advantage via amp, hard-to-dodge attacks, and there being two of them.

Oh damn, Austerus got on a tight spot this time. This is interesting.

Hmm, as Valev says, the generals biggest issue for our alien guy is their absurd speed amps, and the fact that it's not only one opponent, but two.

Thankfully, i can say that Austerus has handled a multi-opponent fight, curiously in the same spot as he is now (Antígrafo), which had the mutation to duplicate, and were as well two beings instead of one.

The thing is, he had to pull out all the stops in there; if not, that would mean his doom at the hands of the other alien. That's an experience edge, albeit just a single one.

Regarding what i just mentioned, unlike on the other fights on the tourney, Austerus would most likely pull out the "Dim-Mak" technique, aka the "pressure-strikes". In realization that he is outnumbered, as well that his opponents hit comparably to himself if not as equally... well, it will be time to do so. I can see the elves don't have Regenerationn in this key, so that's big relief for the foreign veteran.

Shifting to that, Regenerationn will also give some survivality to Austerus if he gets wiped hard with the True Damage skills; considering the elves aren't big peaheads, they'll probably try pulling out something else in regards of the heal ability in their opponent.

Oculinani is out of the way, considering the "Fluctlight" thing.

Worth pointing out, Austerus has healing and restoring stuff (injections, bandages, etc..), although i can't see the usability of these in the fight unless the Elves have some Regenerationn-negation stuff i'm unaware of.

...really, i don't know what to say. This is a very, VERY close match.

Some of the things i can see viable is:

• Austerus quickly shifting to the Dim-Mak style, then targeting the very vital "connections" of the elves in regards of body parts. This would be an issue, since they are... quite fast, and won't let themselves get hit.
  • Playing stealthily. While Austerus main strength isn't stealth (not a spy, or even formerly working as one), he does have knowledge of so in the field, so it can be attempted to pull out point 1...?
  • Try to outlast. I'm pretty sure SAO avatars/enemies have nigh-infinite stamina reserves, but since their profile list them as "unknown", Austerus could probably get use of his large resilience pool and then target the elves at their weakest state (If DMUA could point out anything of this, it would be welcomed).
So, in conclusion:

• Firepower - Both have comparable capabilities, although Austerus has an slightly better initial feat, this would not really matter for such a small gap.
  • Speed - Elves, for obvious reasons. Austerus will have a REALLY bad time in this field if he does not get prepared within time.
  • Endurance - I'd advocate for Austerus, but i'm not sure on the elves stamina. If it's a point for the alien, then that'll come in handy considering the sheer amount of techniques he'll need to resist in consideration of their speed. Regenerationn is also nice.
  • Arsenal - It wouldn't be fair to say this belongs to Austerus, as the elves pretty much lost any record of their immense amount of previous abilities thanks to the GM. Should be equal.
Christ, if Austerus manages to win this, it would be a high-diff for sure. Will wait till i get some vague information of the other two opponents.

I'd argue that, since the elves fodderize people only slightly weaker then Austerus, they'd have the edge.

It's really unknown how much stamina they have, since their only on screen fight was when they were amped to fork and then got promptly slaughtered by many many people around them once the amp got taken. VR Avatars can't get physically tired, but AI don't operate on the same rules, they're programmed to need to sleep and eat and such.

To also note:

It would take a lot of stealth to get past the Elves' perception if they're actively searching for them. Perception allows guys like them to notice very fine details and hear people whispering from quite a distance away and dear fork I forgot to add enhanced senses

What I noticed is that while if FEG wins I can imagine them fighting Valev, if Austerus wins I don't really think Austerus could fight Valev.

I'll vote FEGs. The speed gap is really too much for Austerus to fight, plus there's two of them. Even if he could out-smart one, there's no way he's taking down two.

right, so seeing what DMUA said...

Stealth is out of the way

They're equal in terms of AP, if the elves not a bit insignificantly higher.

...yeah, poor Austerus. The only way i can see him win is through tanking/outlasting, seeing if he can land any successful Dim Mak strike. Regenerationn backs him up every time he gets any major wound, so... Austerus COULD possibly manage to persist and tire out the elves, then attack as they would be mostly slowed down by the exhaustion. He'll have a hell of a time prior to that, but i can see him possibly persevering through; he's been in tough battlefields before, such as being deprived of a limb in abscence of his very fixing capability and similar.

But, as i said before, this is the only way i can see him win here. Yeah, he has fought two guys with duplication potential and exceptional teamwork, but they were far weaker than himself. For now, that's my only bet here, but as hard as it is to say, the FEG may otherwise win. The issue for them is taking down the sturdy extraterrestrial.

"Ayy Lmao gets slaughtered by disgruntled elves (Colorized)"

Sounds boring in the end

It's either timestop or just kinda bust

Valev doesn't rely on time stop. Just pointing that out. He's went through many long adventures without it.

meh fork it, Usernown has already laid out his cards to have them completely flattened under the generals and I just want to add all the tourney matchups that I ended up completely forgetting to add to profiles in this whole run so Generals for reasons above

Back