• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(7-C tournament) Sayaka Miki vs Shin Godzilla

Since it's done with tech bordering on magic, he probably can't become outright immune to it, but he can try to evolve to sleepwalk so that it might as well not happen. Even as it is, it's already kinda useless since he retains both of his main abilities while shut down.

The latter is already something done passively and when he shoots lasers. That was actually one of the concerns they had in the movie as throwing stuff at him at the wrong time and in the wrong place would pollute the area to a much greater extent.

Sleep manip gives Sayaka time to use her stat amp (Speed and AP). If I remember correctly, didn't Shin literally go into 15 days of sleep at one point?

The sheer scale of Sayaka's regenerative powers make it so that whatever Shin does, it won't be enough to kill her unless he blasts her head on and gets lucky enough to break the soul gem. It's a question of if Shin can survive without incap or etc by abusing the time limit.

Actually, the drone being shot down reminded me of the fact that Sayaka would go into melee with Shin, meaning unless Shin intends to blast himself, he's gonna have to try stomping her or going into his fifth form.

Life Drain occurs with each attack, in hindsight that probably ends the fight rather quickly.

I honestly doubt Big G can adapt to something that came from Magic. It's not like Sayaka uses sleeping gas to make him sleep, she uses literal magic, something that Shin never faced before.

He did, but that didn't make him helpless. He shot down the drone shortly after he shut down. That is why they didn't bother attacking him afterwards.

Pretty much all of his attacks should hit all of her due to sheer size difference. She does have a limit on how much she can regenerate before the gem breaks and she "realizes how stupid she was", after which things change on her end.

Shin can affort to shoot himself. The beam is a result of Shin tightening his throat to the point where his energy is released in a concentrated stream instead of fire. If it doesn't burn through his throat, it won't burn through his much thicker skin. He can also create more orifices to shoot lasers out of as he did with his back and tail.

It doesn't matter whether Sayaka can put him to sleep or not as Shin will still be able to attack and evolve. Those aren't any different from breathing or regular cellular activity.

Yeah, but my point is how long it'll take him to wake up. He won't be able to actually attack Sayaka unless she attacks him and gets into his radar, which results in incap.

Yeah... which was about a week or so, assuming Sayaka goes crazy and abuses her stamina.

Not sure we use that logic, I know about us using that principle when it comes to physical attacks but not about energy. Not to mention he is harmed by MCB bombing making him in the lower scale of 7-C in dura anyways.

Regardless, given his extreme lack of mobility in terms of combat, not sure he even can shoot himself, even if he wanted.

Shin will be able to attack, not sure its ever shown he can use RE asleep. But again, in hindsight, the Life Drain alone probably takes the battle.

If he doesn't get Frozen those little Godzilla People things will eventually pop out of his tail as they were going to do if he didn't get frozen at the end of the movie. They could be Distracting enough and possibly have their own RE to use.

Sayaka accidently one-shots them with shockwaves alone, ignoring the fact that she's used to dealing with similar things (Familiars) but stronger, haxier, and way more in terms of ammount.

It's hard if not impossible to tell how long it would take him to wake up from proper sleep as he doesn't sleep. The only reason he even shut down was because he was low on energy and they woke him up earlier than he would have anyway. His radar's range is also pretty good (at least above 10km), so, she'd need to put him to sleep and then run away.

Does all of Sayaka's body get damaged during her reckless selfless hero activites? She wasn't fighting literally every second of that time period either way.

It makes sense to me. If much softer insides can take the heat, then his much harder skin should as well.

He has a prehensile tail and his head moves unnaturaly quickly when he's aiming. You can see it twitch like he's got an aimbot. He's actually not that slow as you can see him move thrice as fast as he does during the rest of the movie shortly before he shuts down. He just normally doesn't have a reason to move any faster.

He grows those humanoid creatures while shut down from overheating and his energy consumption rate/resources are improved at some point while he's shut down from exhaustion, so, he can use RE while inactive.

The humanoids don't have enough feats to say anything about them. They could be weaker or they could be stronger than their parent. The latter is just as plausible as the former given how Shin can synthesize completely new elements on demand.

@XSoul She can literally kill them all by swinging her sword or running too fast. Again, she has exprience with far superior versions. (Ignoring the fact that that would mean Godzilla is in his fifth form, when he's in the fourth one here)

@Gojii Considering it affects witches and familiars (Also don't sleep and have far superior stamina) just fine, I'm pretty sure it'd at least be average human if not the 15 days. Gonna have to doubt the range, I don't see how all of the trucks were 10km away (not to mention its not on his page).

Remember that extreme emotion drains the soul gem faster than actual battle does.

Ignoring the fact thats not what the page shows and what I mentioned, that's basically just like how acid works in our stomach (Something with no effect inside but extremely dangerous outside). Not to mention, Godzilla in general doesn't follow that logic. Just look at literally any Godzilla battle.

I'm not arguing his speed, I'm talking about his mobility / flexibility. Given his paranoia, I doubt that.

We don't see when those humanoids start growing and I don't think his consumption rates are stated to improve significantly if at all.

Not sure why this is still in debate though. I already mentioned the battle won't get to this, life drain kills.

Alien cat things with dead eyes are far scarier, especially when you think about all that technology they could have used for something far worse if they actually cared about it.

I don't see how her sleep manip would be that big a factor when he can snipe tiny shit while completely shut down and unable to even move.

Unless he starts the battle with his back to her, that isn't actually relevant.

Or she could just hide behind a building, or anything really. A phased-array radar needs the radar waves to come back to Shin for him to even detect her to begin with.

Or like I said 4 times already, just life drain gg.

He shoots the bombers that can fly 15km above the ground with extreme precision. His range should be at least above a kilometers, but that hasn't been updated https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3322838. The trains simply weren't something he considered a threat at that time.

Wasn't she mostly apathetic at that point?

Acid and heat are different things. Stomach acid can't really harm human skin. Shin is actually more grounded in reality than other Godzillas once you overlook his RE (the fact that it's so potent and not the results).

His tail is the most flexible part of him and it's very flexible. There's at least one point where it just spins around to destroy targets around him as a reference to Rebuild Ramiel.

The humanoids aren't present when he shuts down, but they are there before the credits roll and you can clearly see that his tail actually thawed out as it no longer has a layer of ice over it.

Matter of principle. Sayaka wins, but she must win for the right reasons.

Again, he can create more orifices to shoot lasers out of as he has done in the movie.

We don't actually know how his radar works. It detects and tracks B-2s, which are very hard to detect with several different aircraft detection methods.

Even if we consider the range, the fact that its Phased-Array Radar means he wouldn't be able to detect her due to objects like buildings on the land. That, and technically a normal human girl wouldn't be a threat either.

No? I don't think there was a moment when she was.

It's just an example, regardless an organ specifically made to release a beam isn't comparable to other flesh. Stomach acid can harm human skin, its almost a 0 on the scale. Given its more realistic, wouldn't it be more likely to be MCB durability altogether (Given he gets harmed by bombs), if that was the case?

His RE isn't really combat potent, unless you're considering reallife RE and not fictional ones.

In general, his body is not flexible.

...Which means his RE activated post thawing, and slowly at that.

Like I said, we don't have argue everything above^ when life drain alone kills.

Considering life drain, more orafices would probably be a bad idea, just giving Sayaka a reason to rush.

Phased Array, its stated to be that.

According to the rules, both characters view each other as enemy to be killed regardless of how it usually goes. So, she's on the list by default.

It seemed like it, hence the complete disregard for her wellbeing. Oh well.

The thing about heat is that you don't have to touch what's emitting it to feel it. The bombs did hit him before he developed that and they were never used afterwards, so, his durability could have been improved. There is a big difference between a beam of energy and bombs meant to pierce and then explode anyway.

I'd say turning into a disco ball of fiery death is pretty combat potent.

It could become more flexible though. It was pretty flexible for the previous two forms. It moves like a big sausage on legs.

He wouldn't thaw if it weren't for RE in the first place. The reason he froze is because he was overheating due to the coagulant's effect (it didn't directly freeze him) and so he had to perform the equivalent of a reactor SCRAM. Keep in mind that he couldn't use nuclear energy because of it, greatly reducing his energy output. He had to switch to a different power source to make it happen, which would mean it's a part of RE.

Bad ideas might as well be his middle name. What matters is survival while the methods are irrelevant even if they are as stupid as creating new elements to reinforce the body instead of shrinking so that it can support itself naturally.

It's compared to it, but they never get an opportunity to actually see what it really is and the fact that he detected stealth bombers designed with those in mind means that it has to be something else.

For Godzilla yeah, but that's not gonna be the case for his radar as its based on waves colliding with matter rather than visuals.

I mean, you could make the difference argument but that would mean acknowledging that Shin just has heightened resist towards his beam than durabilty, in which case Sayaka kills easier.

I mean, look at Doomsday (Post-Crisis) or Samus Ara. Or how he became a disco ball of fiery death. There's a difference between gradually building upon several abilities and going from absolute zero.

It could, but we're getting into more reliance of RE kicking in at time before life drain applies.

Is that stated? The reactor SCRAM I get, but considering that the protags knew this would happen, I don't think that's part of RE rather than what was already possible.

Stealth bombers aren't adaptable to Phased Array without being intangible or something, not sure where that came from. Didn't we also get RE from the same source (not to mention strange to mention something so specific), making it reliable.

I'm not sure if life drain takes durability into account to begin with.

I would say that the beams are going from absolute zero to what even is this. Generating and storing energy and then releasing it in a very specific manner is a big leap. Even our technology has yet to achieve something like that.

A few seconds is enough for that given how he can grow developed limbs out of nubs and change how his body is structured within that time period.

More or less. The coagulant was meant to mess with his cooling system, which wouldn't freeze him on its own. How a nuclear reactor works was mentioned a few times when coming up with that plan IIRC. SCRAM itself isn't necessarily RE, but what he does to get out of that state is certainly RE.

Wikipedia. And we didn't get RE info from that guy specifically. I don't think we hear much from him in general.

I mean, easier cuts means more cuts means more life drain or use Scorpion Spear/Sword

Absolute zero I meant like literally nothing to do with radiation abilities in terms of RE, not temp.

Again, how long was he in previous form before REing?

Considering he doesn't actually fully get out of that state, I'm doubting its RE. His RE would probably be strong enough to at least get the majority of his body out.

Well idk how to counter that without the actual part of wikipedia that says that, we usually use sources outside of wikis.

Eh, still reliable, assuming the guy is part of the gov't.

@Spinoirr

Unknown (2) - Beast Zero Gudako, SomebodyData

Sayaka Miki (6) - Edwardtruong2006, Epsilon R, Ionliosite, Buttersamuri, XSOULOFCINDERX, I'm Blue daba dee daba die

I don't know about the others

I'm actually supporting Sayaka here. I just dodn't agree with a few things, but it's pointless to argue over something that doesn't matter in the long run here no matter who is right.

So I guess that's 7 for Sayaka Miki?

Thank God because it's been over days and the tournament's already at its 6th one

Back