• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-C+ Tournament Round 1, Match 8: Pride vs Frightningale

Just sayin', Pride will most definitely likely get kicked outta the tournament cause he's too OP, So this debate might be for naught

You sure? His true body has Low-high, He can absorb souls and I don't even know how shadows can get petrified

Resistance via an ability doesn't need to get added anymore cause the said ability already grants that resistance and is already on the profile afaik.
Where is stated in his profile that he’s resistant against transmutation?
From the profiles it sounds like he can literally just eat people's souls for breakfast
"Soul Manipulation (Absorbed Kimblee's soul when he devoured him)" Doesn’t appears to be a much direct way to use SM

"Soul Manipulation (Absorbed Kimblee's soul when he devoured him)" Doesn’t appears to be a much direct way to use SM
Cause shadows can't get petrified, They are literally darkness, the opposite of light. That's like saying you can petrify light itself.

Sounds like it to me, He devoured him and he absorbed his soul

Cause shadows can't get petrified, They are literally darkness, the opposite of light.
Shadows can't neither become solid. And neither can flesh be turned into stone.
That's like saying you can petrify light itself.
I cannot petrify anything.
Sounds like it to me, He devoured him and he absorbed his soul
If devouring is the mechanism for his SM to work, then SM isn’t the biggest of problems.

Shadows can't neither become solid. And neither flesh can be turned into stone.

If devouring is the mechanism for his SM to work, then SM isn’t the biggest of problems.
I don't really understand, Mind elaborating?

Ig it does depend on how he devours and if it negs dura or not

Again. I already said that he outranges. But the thing here is that his method of range makes him the most vulnerable there as Fright can safely attack from the distance, whereas Pride's Shadows would need to avoid being tagged despite not knowing that contact might be fatal a worsen by the fact that multiple angles increases the probability for him to get touch.
This arguement, among others, depends on her being able to petrify shadows. (If Pride even remains in the tournament.)
I would agree normally, but we are talking of case where the one dodging getting the tag is screwed over. Fright it's still outside of one-shot range and it takes a touch of the whip for Pride to fall over.
How do we know his AP isn't per strike? If he's attacking with shadows at multiple locations, isn't that multiple strikes of that AP?
You're going to a more in book definition of an ability; The truth with Frightningale's powers is that they are never stated to be petrification per se. They are taken as such because that's who it seems to work. But every time her ability is referred to is stated that the victims are frozen in place.
Then why does her profile list it as Petrification?!
If they aren't confirmed to be turn to actual stone, it should be Paralysis Inducement with a weird use of Light Manipulation (For changing the colour.) or Transmutation or such, no?
Don’t know how that means that it's species exclusive.
Her powers were designed to force humans to participate in her show, weren't they?
It's probably not a direct resistance, but Pride's conscience can kinda just keep going on so long as he has his Philosopher's Stone. Which, being made of Souls, can't be Transmuted.
& as long as he has his Philosopher's Stone, he can use it to fuel the creation of new bodies. Those bodies might be petrifiable, but they're containers, & as far as I understand it, the other things that comprise Pride aren't as vulnerable.
Shadows can't neither become solid. And neither flesh can be turned into stone.
Yet in many fiction, Shadows are depicted as a means of attacking, even if they follow typical rules.
Pride's even seem to behave like real shadows, in that they require light to exist, but too much light (Ex: A Flash Grenade.) can prevent them being in places.
They did not mean "you" specifically, they meant "in general"; As in, it typically isn't possible to petrify light at all, because it isn't solid matter.

Pride doesn't need to have transmutation / petrification resistance in his profile to have it since he already has shadow manipulation which gives him resistance to transmutation / petrification, if it was added it'd just make his profile unnecessarily long, Characters with acasuality 2 doesn't have resistance to precog listed on their profiles despite the acausality page literally stating that acausality type 2 gives you resistance to it. this is because members can already infer that characters with acausality type 2 is resistant to precog due to the very nature of being an acausality type 2. same goes here

How do we know his AP isn't per strike? If he's attacking with shadows at multiple locations, isn't that multiple strikes of that AP?
This has to do with agility and counter attacking. In any given case, Fright would be tagged because she would be unable to dodge every strike, not because she'll receive every strike.
Then why does her profile list it as Petrification?!
If they aren't confirmed to be turn to actual stone
Her profile explain that she turns other into magenta statues. It's linked to petrification because it's the closest ability out there. This, however, has nothing to do with matter at hand.
Her powers were designed to force humans to participate in her show, weren't they?
To make the world all dance and song, according to Hawk Moth.
As in, it typically isn't possible to petrify light at all, because it isn't solid matter.
They point is arguing against the usage of how supernatural powers clash between each other. Pride might be a shadow, but he's also a tangible being, which comes out as the most standard assumption about how you would be unable to petrify light.

Petrifying is a supernatural power. You can’t really say that you can petrify anything at all if we were to talk about "petrification" the power.

Frightningale doesn't even have NPI to touch the shadows lol

Also the soul part he doesn't really do in combat at all IIRC.

They point is arguing against the usage of how supernatural powers clash between each other. Pride might be a shadow, but he's also a tangible being, which comes out as the most standard assumption about how you would be unable to petrify light.

Petrifying is a supernatural power. You can’t really say that you can petrify anything at all if we were to talk about "petrification" the power.
Shadows are tangible?

I don't really get the question of "Are the shadows intangible". Aren't shadows normally intangible?

Well Pride's shadows are pretty atypical so it's a fair question. But I don't think anything disproves them being intangible.

If the Shadows are intangible, then how can Frightningale do anything here?
Pride's Kid Body =/= Shadows, AFAIK.
Petrifying the kid won't stop Pride using his Shadows, because it's a container for moving about in, but it will mean he needs to make a new body if he wants to keep moving about or such.
Making a new body, & healing in general, costs Souls from his Philosopher's Stone.

So if she could exhaust that, or find some other way of keeping him down, she could take him down.

Pride's Kid Body =/= Shadows, AFAIK.
Petrifying the kid won't stop Pride using his Shadows, because it's a container for moving about in, but it will mean he needs to make a new body if he wants to keep moving about or such.
Making a new body, & healing in general, costs Souls from his Philosopher's Stone.

So if she could exhaust that, or find some other way of keeping him down, she could take him down.
Then it's a stomp, since if that's the case there's nothing she can do to win here

Then it's a stomp, since if that's the case there's nothing she can do to win here
I mean, there isn't nothing, she just might lack the Stamina to achieve it. I do agree, it is a bit lopsided.

(Though, I question how fair Frightningale is for the tourney, since they're extremely skilled at dodging, & their in-character strategy is to effectively one-shot with high range "Petrification".)

Wait thats actually a fair point, because of pride's OP-ness I missed the part where frightningale starts with tens of meters petrification.

Pride can be hurt just fine although he's really difficult to put down for good, he isn't intangible. But while it's fine by me if RandomGuy wants him out of the tournament, he doesn't "stomp" anyone. Basically anyone in the tournament can bust him open and destroy the stone, it's just really difficult.

I'm confused, Is his true body the stone or what? Also The biggest gap you can get in the 7-C+ Tier is less than 2x so nobody's busting pride up that easily and even after they do they'd have to damage his true body enough to exhaust his regen. Which would take a shitton of stamina and apparently he can make new bodies as long as his true one isn't destroyed?

The "true body" is a small red stone that is inside Pride. Anyone could theoretically reach it, of course his regen is really difficult to combat but you don't need to exhaust it if you're really quick about it.

So can he make new bodies from his true body alone or is he basically incapped without a host? Also what do you mean by "really quick about it", Like, if you destroy it quick enough?

He can't "make new bodies" but a destroyed body will regenerate so if he's petrified he can just take out Fright and then destroy the petrified one with his shadows, then regenerate normally.

By "be really quick about it" I mean that the flesh around the stone will regenerate really fast so the timeframe to destroy it is really small.

Pride can be hurt just fine although he's really difficult to put down for good, he isn't intangible. But while it's fine by me if RandomGuy wants him out of the tournament, he doesn't "stomp" anyone. Basically anyone in the tournament can bust him open and destroy the stone, it's just really difficult.
Philosopher's Stones are destructible, despite being made from human souls?

He can't "make new bodies" but a destroyed body will regenerate so if he's petrified he can just take out Fright and then destroy the petrified one with his shadows, then regenerate normally.

By "be really quick about it" I mean that the flesh around the stone will regenerate really fast so the timeframe to destroy it is really small.
Wait how potent is the regen of the body?

So if you just destroy it in one go it wouldn't regen?

Are there any characters in the tourney that have the stamina to overcome Pride's regen? If so, how many?

Though, I question how fair Frightningale is for the tourney, since they're extremely skilled at dodging, & their in-character strategy is to effectively one-shot with high range "Petrification".)
If someone can reliably dodge her attacks, then the hax won't come into play, so that is a way around it

She also has no other haxes or notable abilities and without her weapon she can't use her haxes

Are there any characters in the tourney that have the stamina to overcome Pride's regen? If so, how many?
It depends since I haven't really understood his regen yet, But from what I've got so far, It can be countered by ripping the host's body apart and then destroying the stone, Thing is, 1, Its not like the avatar is fodder and would take no stamina from the enemy, 2 The participants wouldn't know to destroy the stone, and 3 apparently the avatar itself can regenerate as well not just the true body.

One thing that may be notable about Pride is this:

Durability: At least Building level+ (Took minimal damage from being beaten around for an extended period of time by Heinkel). Town level with shadows (Unfazed by Hohenheim's alchemy)

Destroying the body might be easier than damaging his Shadows.
If someone can reliably dodge her attacks, then the hax won't come into play, so that is a way around it

She also has no other haxes or notable abilities and without her weapon she can't use her haxes
Isn't she supposed to be on par with Ladybug & Cat Noir? Skilled enough to lure both of them into colliding when she dodged?
Plus, tens of meters with her whip; She can literally slap you with it from on top of a building.
& many characters won't know to block it; It's possible they might think they can block or grab it instead.

& doesn't she technically have the Akuma multiplication abilities, too?

I don't think this is very valid, Her opponent would have to dodge every attack from her otherwise they automatically lose, she only needs one hit which essentially makes her one shot everybody whilst nobody can come close to one shotting her due to how small 7-C+ is

I don't think this is very valid, Her opponent would have to dodge every attack from her otherwise they automatically lose, she only needs one hit which essentially makes her one shot everybody whilst nobody can come close to one shotting her due to how small 7-C+ is
Hm, then I guess neither of them are good for this tournament. If so, then I'll nominate Malediktator instead. He can make anyone to do whatever command he says and control them if they get hit by his attacks

However, the attacks are projectiles so they should be esier to dodge than Frightningale's whip

Hm, then I guess neither of them are good for this tournament. If so, then I'll nominate Malediktator instead. He can make anyone to do whatever command he says and control them if they get hit by his attacks

However, the attacks are projectiles so they should be esier to dodge than Frightningale's whip
I like Miraculous Ladybug, too, but I'm a little concerned that runs into a similar issue as with Frightningale, where the opponent needs to No Hit or lose; Are they still able to act after being hit?

Also:
Can make anyone do whatever he commands them to do by firing an energy bubble, Energy Projection (With energy bubbles), Homing Attack (Can change the direction of his energy bubbles at will), Intangibility (His bubbles can phase through matter),

Back