• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-C+ Tournament Round 1, Match 8: Pride vs Frightningale

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
The very last matchup.of the surprisingly quick 1st round of the 7-C+ tournament.

Pride (@Imaginym) vs Frightningale (@Gilad_Hyperstar)

Speed will be equalized.

Fight takes place in the Sports Festival Stadium.

Pride: 3 (Imaginym, Coolboy6, Psychomaster35)

Frightningale:

Inconclusive: 1 (Monkey_Dunno)

OIP.U69h4xyAm4JtAb6ExzjRwgHaF7

R.e0fb042af2d6f6cd4cbd581835513bc9

Last edited:
He said to just eliminate Elsa from the tournament and make Pride move on to the next round.

And with that the 1st round if this tourney has been concluded. I can't make any updates now, as I'm in school, so y'all have to wait until I get home.

I said to him to continue to the next match meanwhile since I don't know any other 7-C+ characters that aren't on this tournament already or don't share a verse with one of them
You can pick any 7-C+ character you want. As long as the character is not OP.

Alright. What does Pride starts with? Frightningale will use her whip to hit him, which will turn him into a statue unless he rhymes and dances, which he'll probably not be aware he needs to do, and even if he would it will greatly limit his fighting capabilities

Pride starts by summoning a lot of shadow tendrils, which he can control freely. I'm not sure if being petrified would actually work on him, as the "real" pride is a Philosopher's Stone already.

You could’ve just picked Reverser

I'm not sure if being petrified would actually work on him, as the "real" pride is a Philosopher's Stone already.
I'm sure this technicality doesn’t applies to Frightningale's petrification, as they don’t become stone but a amethyst or pinky metal looking statue.

LRA3OOR.png

I'm sure this technically doesn’t applies to Frightningale's petrification, as they don’t become stone but a amethyst looking statue.

LRA3OOR.png
Can't really say much on this.

But, what's your overall verdict here?

I need more information about Pride, otherwise it'll be a rushed judgement. But for what I’m understanding for the moment, Fright possesses the manneourvelity and strength to get through, though seeing that this guy is glass cannon, I'd got the feeling that he might have mechanism of defense that I’m not aware of.

I'm sure this technicality doesn’t applies to Frightningale's petrification, as they don’t become stone but a amethyst or pinky metal looking statue.

LRA3OOR.png
I'm not sure that you aren't confusing what a Philosopher's Stone is.

From his FMA Wiki page:

"Pride's black multi-eyed shadow is his actual form, with the childlike body being a simple "container" for him to move around in, similar to Father's flask-contained form. Pride often shapes parts of himself into long, tendril-arm-like appendages that resemble those of Father's actual form and those of the Eye of God (which references him being a "son" of Father, who in turn was created from the Eye's essence; it may also be a reference to pride being a pathetic attempt to outwardly mimic God).

Pride can also spread his essence throughout shadows and can sense everything around and that happens around that shadow, thus allowing him to "watch" anything through them. Pride used this ability to make sure and prevent Riza Hawkeye from spreading Selim Bradley's true identity to other people (though Riza foiled this by speaking in code to Roy Mustang).

Pride can manipulate, slice through or devour anything that comes in contact with his black shadow (which can become resistant/invulnerable to conventional physical harm, and can also move at superhuman speeds), although it can be deflected by sufficiently hard objects; Carbon-hardened objects appear particularly resistant. He can also see through his eyes and talk through his mouths wherever his shadow extend, an ability he uses to watch over the country-wide transmutation tunnel, slaughtering anyone who enters it."

So even if they did land a hit on Pride to Petrify the "kid", it'd probably set him up to surprise attack Frightninggale with 1 or more shadows while she thinks Pride is down, & he has the AP Advantage, my vote would go to him.

^ For what I'm understanding, his shadows would be also susceptible to Frightningale's powers, as they are extensions of his actual body.

^ For what I'm understanding, his shadows would be also susceptible to Frightningale's powers, as they are extensions of his actual body.
Yeah, but she needs to hit him with the whip, & his shadows can attack from multiple angles.

Plus, I'm unsure if he couldn't undo Petrification on his secondary body: Likely Matter Manipulation (Gained the ability to use Alchemy from Kimblee and the Gold Tooth Doctor, though his proficiency is unknown)

Quote the FMA Wiki:
After assimilating Kimblee, Pride gains capability of Alchemy and can activate it using a corresponding circle with his shadows, later also briefly assimilating the Gold-Toothed Doctor to use his knowledge to perform human transmutation - while also using him as the human transmutation "material". However, he was forced to use his own Philosopher's Stone to accomplish this, and was never demonstrated to be capable of using alchemy in any other way.

His body being immobilized might prompt him to try Alchemy-ing it. Maybe. (Then again, from what I've read, the "kid" is just shadows all the way in.)

So how do we know she wouldn't try to whip the kid, & whether she hits him or not, gets stabbed a bunch.
Heck, have we seen Frightningale works on non-humans?

There's also the question of if Pride couldn't/wouldn't destroy her whip or microphone?
Plus, didn't Frightningale give cues/tells about needing to dance rhyme to avoid petrification in her battle with Ladybug & Cat Noir, or is my memory wrong?

This is just my interpret but changing Pride body to amethyst probably won't do anything since his real body is already non-organic matter to begin with.

Yeah, but she needs to hit him with the whip, & his shadows can attack from multiple angles.
This part seems true, but it's also true that Frightningale has shown to be capable of timing attacks from angles, rather decent mobility and, the most important factor, a viable range on her whip. As whereas outranged initially, she doesn’t exposes herself as directly as Pride has to in order to defeat her.
Plus, I'm unsure if he couldn't undo Petrification on his secondary body: Likely Matter Manipulation (Gained the ability to use Alchemy from Kimblee and the Gold Tooth Doctor, though his proficiency is unknown)

Quote the FMA Wiki:
After assimilating Kimblee, Pride gains capability of Alchemy and can activate it using a corresponding circle with his shadows, later also briefly assimilating the Gold-Toothed Doctor to use his knowledge to perform human transmutation - while also using him as the human transmutation "material". However, he was forced to use his own Philosopher's Stone to accomplish this, and was never demonstrated to be capable of using alchemy in any other way.

His body being immobilized might prompt him to try Alchemy-ing it. Maybe. (Then again, from what I've read, the "kid" is just shadows all the way in.)
I don’t think matter manipulation is something that can stop you from being flash-freezed and I don’t think we count likely abilities in VS Matches. But W/E
So how do we know she wouldn't try to whip the kid, & whether she hits him or not, gets stabbed a bunch.
I'm not saying she wouldn’t try to whip the kid. What I’m saying is that the shadows are on a unfortunate position. Not only because they appear to be a resort of a mechanism of defense, but also because Frightningale, on character, attempts to stop incoming attacks as well as go into the offensive with her whip as seen when she tried to swipe Ladybug and Chat Noir even after they already fall into the effect of her powers.
Heck, have we seen Frightningale works on non-humans?
Well, we can discuss the limits of overall hax on other species/beings. But I'm that this standard don’t come to play in this matches unless outright stated.
There's also the question of if Pride couldn't/wouldn't destroy her whip or microphone?
Yes, perhaps he could destroy the microphone. But that’s an if.

The Whip, as of the cord, it's a no if you’re referring to the release of the Akuma. The cord is clearly just a subset of the object.
Plus, didn't Frightningale give cues/tells about needing to dance rhyme to avoid petrification in her battle with Ladybug & Cat Noir, or is my memory wrong?
To Chloé. Ladybug and Chat Noir knew it because they already saw her using her powers and she attempted to trick the latter into failing a rhyme.

This part seems true, but it's also true that Frightningale has shown to be capable of timing attacks from angles, rather decent mobility and, the most important factor, a viable range on her whip. As whereas outranged initially, she doesn’t exposes herself as directly as Pride has to in order to defeat her.
Yeah, but why would she know to extend it? Also, extending her whip's range might not help.
Range: Standard Melee Range | Standard Melee Range, Tens of meters with her whip (Can tag people from the top of the Grand Palais, which is 45 meters tall)

Range: Standard melee range. Hundreds of meters to tens of kilometers with shadows (While still in Central, was able to devour Briggs Soldiers). Tens of meters with alchemy.

To use a rather vague comparison, it's like the difference between "I can hit you from the tallest building in the city" & "I can hit you from the other side of the city".
I don’t think matter manipulation is something that can stop you from being flash-freezed and I don’t think we count likely abilities in VS Matches. But W/E
The point of bringing it up is that Petrifying the kid (If he even can be, since he's not actually a human, he's made of shadows.) doesn't petrify the True Body, & looking into human transmutation is a common topic in FMA.
I'm not saying she wouldn’t try to whip the kid. What I’m saying is that the shadows are on a unfortunate position. Not only because they appear to be a resort of a mechanism of defense, but also because Frightningale, on character, attempts to stop incoming attacks as well as go into the offensive with her whip as seen when she tried to swipe Ladybug and Chat Noir even after they already fall into the effect of her powers.
He uses Shadows for offense, including consuming his prey. That said, I don't understand your point.
Of course you'd keep trying to attack & defend, using your primary weapon, even after your enemies fall under a status effect.
Plus, there's a difference between being attacked by 2 opponents (Though Ladybug & Cat Noir are very skilled, but I don't recall the exact fight movements she reacted to.), & being attacked by multiple angles.
Well, we can discuss the limits of overall hax on other species/beings. But I'm that this standard don’t come to play in this matches unless outright stated.
I don't understand what you mean.
But it's not like her whip transmuted the pavement, nor did we see it work on animals.
Why would it work on living shadows?
Yes, perhaps he could destroy the microphone. But that’s an if.

The Whip, as of the cord, it's a no if you’re referring to the release of the Akuma. The cord is clearly just a subset of the object.
The cord of her whip isn't destructible?
To Chloé. Ladybug and Chat Noir knew it because they already saw her using her powers and she attempted to trick the latter into failing a rhyme.
Thanks for that reminder.

So what are the arguments here? If frightengale hits her opponent with her whip, they are forced to rhyme and dance and if they don’t, they turn are frozen to metal.

So what are the arguments here?
Mine are that Pride outranges, can attack from multiple angles, his child body & true body are both made of shadows & petrifying the child body won't stop the true body attacking with his shadows, which could likely catch Frightningale off guard. He also has a roughly 2.22x AP advantage, & may be able to use Transmutation to undo Petrification on his real body.

The arguments for Frightningale seems to be that she's skilled, Pride doesn't know about her hax (But Frightningale probably doesn't know about Pride's hax either.), if I understand things right.

Yeah, but why would she know to extend it?
She doesn’t. It just what she always does.
To use a rather vague comparison, it's like the difference between "I can hit you from the tallest building in the city" & "I can hit you from the other side of the city".
I already said that Frightningale it's outranged, what I'm saying is that the nature of Pride's powers make so that his ranged option make him more vulnerable in comparison, as his shadows are himself.
The point of bringing it up is that Petrifying the kid (If he even can be, since he's not actually a human, he's made of shadows.) doesn't petrify the True Body, & looking into human transmutation is a common topic in FMA.
Fair enough.
He uses Shadows for offense, including consuming his prey. That said, I don't understand your point.
I'm not trying to say that he doesn’t uses his Shadow for the offense (nor that would change the argument for the matter), What I'm trying to convey is that for what I understand they also work as a defensive mechanism. I might be wrong? Perhaps. The point is that I understand that the higher likehood is that Fright would first interact with the shadow than with the vessel regardless of the target.
Of course you'd keep trying to attack & defend, using your primary weapon, even after your enemies fall under a status effect.
Indeed. However, what I'm saying is that she's up to use her whip regardless of anything.
Plus, there's a difference between being attacked by 2 opponents (Though Ladybug & Cat Noir are very skilled, but I don't recall the exact fight movements she reacted to.), & being attacked by multiple angles.
They attempted to attack from her both sides and she used it against them. And yes, perhaps not the same, but my point is to say that she has a maneuvering prowess that she can take advantage of.
I don't understand what you mean.
But it's not like her whip transmuted the pavement
Frightningale doesn’t transmutates, she petrifies (subset, but not the same). Frightningale was given powers to corse others into her show. You cannot make the pavement sing, dance or rhyme, nor freeze something that's already immobile.

Edit: Besides, I don’t like to say this in particular, but this can apply to several other verses where the environment doesn’t suffers the side effects of the powers, or even inside of Miraculous Ladybug itself (take Befana for example)

nor did we see it work on animals.
Frightningale has never interacted with an animal, unless you count Chat Noir as one.
The cord of her whip isn't destructible?
Perhaps it is. Point is that it will not set the akuma free and Pride will get touched in turn, so it's not the best of ideas anyways.

I already said that Frightningale it's outranged, what I'm saying is that the nature of Pride's powers make so that his ranged option make him more vulnerable in comparison, as his shadows are himself.
Fair, but he can attack her in a multitude of locations that aren't her whip, can't he?
I'm not trying to say that he doesn’t uses his Shadow for the offense (nor that would change the argument for the matter), What I'm trying to convey is that for what I understand they also work as a defensive mechanism. I mig be wrong? Perhaps. The point is that I understand that the higher like hood is that Fright should first interact with the shadow than with the vessel regardless of the target.
"higher like hood"?
Though, I'd question if petrifying the Shadows petrifies him. They can disappear in intense enough light (Ex: Flash grenades.), so I do wonder how connected.
Indeed. However, what I'm saying is that she's up to use her whip regardless of anything.
Yeah, it makes sense to keep using your most effective weapon if there isn't a downside to using it.
The reason I asked "So how do we know she wouldn't try to whip the kid, & whether she hits him or not, gets stabbed a bunch.", is because wouldn't Frightningale go after the obvious, human-looking target first?
Not because I assumed she'd stop using her whip.
But petrifying the kid doesn't stop the shadows from the true body coming out & stabbing her.
They attempted to attack from her both sides and she used it against them. And yes, perhaps not the same, but my point is to say that she has a maneuvering prowess that she can take advantage of.
I agree, she is very maneuverable. But 3 or more angles>2 angles.
Frightningale doesn’t transmutates, she petrifies (subset, but not the same).
Petrifies into what? Metal? Alchemists can transmute metal, too.
Frightningale was given powers to corse others into her show. You cannot make the pavement sing, dance or rhyme, nor freeze something that's already immobile.
So it only works on humans/people, & not props or inorganic things?
Edit: Besides, I don’t like to say this in particular, but this can apply to several other verses where the environment doesn’t suffers the side effects of the powers, or even inside of Miraculous Ladybug itself (take Befana for example)
Understandable, but in this instance, we have reasons to believe her powers would be predisposed towards humans.
Perhaps it is. Point is that it will not set the akuma free and Pride will get touched in turn, so it's not the best of ideas anyways.
But you don't need to free an Akuma Butterfly to defeat an Akumatized Person, right?

Fair, but he can attack her in a multitude of locations that aren't her whip, can't he?
Yes, but so can Frightningale attack at the shadows. That's the point.
"higher like hood"?
High level engrish.
Though, I'd question if petrifying the Shadows petrifies him. They can disappear in intense enough light (Ex: Flash grenades.), so I do wonder how connected.
The aura can’t be seen behind a bus despite being neon pink. I doubt this is comparable to a flash grenade.
The reason I asked "So how do we know she wouldn't try to whip the kid, & whether she hits him or not, gets stabbed a bunch.", is because wouldn't Frightningale go after the obvious, human-looking target first?
Thing is, her targeting the kid doesn’t means she'll be reckless or let herself be attacked. She'll defend herself from the shadows even though the vessel's her main target.
I agree, she is very maneuverable. But 3 or more angles>2 angles.
I already said that it's not the same, what I said, however, is that Pride won’t be having an easy time with her either.
Petrifies into what? Metal? Alchemists can transmute metal, too.
I think you’re mixing talking points here. This isn’t about countering transmutation. This is about the nature of Fright's powers, as it's imposible to pretrify something that's already immobile.
So it only works on humans/people, & not props or inorganic things?
Mobile beings.
Understandable, but in this instance, we have reasons to believe her powers would be predisposed towards humans.
Which ones?
But you don't need to free an Akuma Butterfly to defeat an Akumatized Person, right?
I'm saying that breaking the whip is unlikely to set the Akuma free, as it's an asset of the microphone, not the microphone itself. If that gets to happen anyways for all it worth.

Besides, It'll be an incon at best.

Back