• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-C Monsters and Men Tournament. Round 1 Match 2. Knight vs Solus

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Bullet Hell Boss : 0
Bullet Hell Protagonist : 7
Incon : 0

The Knight wields Pixie Sword, Fire Dragon Armor, Forgotten Crown, and the Colossus Shield.
Speed equalized
Fight takes place in The Hunter's Nightmare, 30 meters apart
Both characters have prior knowledge

Now isn't this fitting, a boss and a protagonist from a similar game genre. It was between this, and Solus vs Great Shinobi Owl which I will make if either characters lose this tourney

Last edited:
So how does Solus fight? Cause if he fights with projectiles his chances of even landing hits are very little, but if he's melee he stands more of a chance if he's dodgey and can avoid the Pixie Sword shotgun thing.

Solus actually fights with a combination of melee attacks and ranged attacks. He can teleport around the area and fly at his opponent from various points of attack, spin rapidly and either charge at his opponent directly or create a massive whirlwind around himself which he can maneuver around for a time, and pull out a gigantic owl statue that can fire energy projectiles all around him.

Later on as his power with the Hex Relics grows, his attacks become faster and hit harder, and at his most powerful, he can fire energy projectiles directly and create a wall of intangible duplicates that he then charges forward with.

There are some more specific nuances with his abilities, but that covers most of what he can do in broad strokes. Also, it should be noted that while he has not shown as much skill with it as Otus, he should be on par with him at the least in terms of his flying and dodging abilities. So, how can the Knight counter this?

Solus actually fights with a combination of melee attacks and ranged attacks. He can teleport around the area and fly at his opponent from various points of attack, spin rapidly and either charge at his opponent directly or create a massive whirlwind around himself which he can maneuver around for a time, and pull out a gigantic owl statue that can fire energy projectiles all around him.

Later on as his power with the Hex Relics grows, his attacks become faster and hit harder, and at his most powerful, he can fire energy projectiles directly and create a wall of intangible duplicates that he then charges forward with.

There are some more specific nuances with his abilities, but that covers most of what he can do in broad strokes. Also, it should be noted that while he has not shown as much skill with it as Otus, he should be on par with him at the least in terms of his flying and dodging abilities. So, how can the Knight counter this?
The Knight is very esteemed at dodging ramming attacks and the knight can just stay out of the way of the whirlwind, and teleportation is nothing new in RotMG.

Good thing the knight can end the fight quite quickly if Solus sticks to close quarters, cause maxed dex, more dex, and a Pixie can shred those comparable to the knight very quickly, and the colossus shield(stops Solus from attacking at all if it connects, pets and pots for healing, and we have a pretty damn hard cookie to beat

Well you definitely need more then that, and the Knight's overall stamina should be superior considering the gauntlets he can run, though flying can be an issue if Solus can spam it.

Owls can stay in the air for a very long time. Just ask, Otus, who spends about 90% of the game navigating the world while flying.

So how would the Knight be able to reach him without Solus coming down to his level? Which, considering he was smart enough to fool a 100+ year old automaton pirate, would probably be something he'd be wary of doing if he realizes there's not much to his ranged capabilities.

Then Solus is about to get out stamina'd if he never comes down, cause ranged attacks at a 3x AP disadvantage, even with the amps, isn't good

I mean, lemme remind you that the feat performed by Molstrom was done using one Hex Relic, and Solus is using all three. So he is unquantifiably higher than the Advent feat.

Not to say that what you are saying isn't inaccurate with the information given, but I'm not sure if Solus is entirely helpless here, especially since he can more reliably land hits on the Knight than he will probably take.

I mean, lemme remind you that the feat performed by Molstrom was done using one Hex Relic, and Solus is using all three. So he is unquantifiably higher than the Advent feat.

Not to say that what you are saying isn't inaccurate with the information given, but I'm not sure if Solus is entirely helpless here, especially since he can more reliably land hits on the Knight than he will probably take.
Not really high enough to clear the gap I think.

I mean this is the same knight that can Dodge God the Cube God, so unless Solus has some pretty intense Danmaku the chances of him landing hits the knight can't avoid at all are slim, but actual melee skill, I'd note, the knight generally is gonna be at the disadvantage towards, it's only the fact that the Pixie Sword is good that's saving him here(and why I specifically requested he be equipped with it)

...Sigh.

Okay, I know when to cut my losses. From the sound of things, Solus just doesn't have enough options in order to effectively combat the Knight. His ranged options aren't very varied or precise to be effective against a character whose main thing is dodging projectiles, and his melee options aren't very spectacular here either. Also, despite his position as the final boss, he's actually not a very combat-oriented character, only using the power of the Hex Relics at that point to drive Otus and his friends away from his attempt to create the Anti-Hex.

If it was Otus I was arguing for, I may have had more to say. But, honestly, I just don't know how a bookworm like Solus would even remotely have enough skill to beat the Knight.

Five pixel long character wins here.

And just to get this concluded

The Knight FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone. I will later make Great Shinobi Owl vs Solus in my free time

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back