• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B Match: A Random Shade Pillar vs Czavion

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Dragon suggested it. I figured my boy Marvelous Chester would rofl, so let's try another suitable character.

Shaxx, the Psion Shade, vs Czavio, a character I know nothing about.

Speed equal and all that, fight takes place within the Prime Material Plane.

Who wins and why?

Czavion:

Shaxx:

Incon:

Chester has a moveset that won't become a thing until late-mid game in Universe Reign's story. Too bad he's only 7-B.

Chester is, by VSBW standards, probably the strongest 7-B of the verse due to his passives and few verses actively resisting Madness Hax. The strongest low-tier of the Homebrew would be Vaeru.

Unless Nico resists Madness hax, Nico instantly is a drivveling shrub once he detects Chester.

But nobody in D&D Homebrew aside from MAYBE Vaerun is negating Mid-Godly regen. Even then, it'd be only with the Sphere of Annihilatio.

Seeing as it is Type 2....yup Nico resists it...Nico is indeed too much for Chester...although Chester likely has experience for days.

Uh. Type 2 and 3, by this wiki. Forgot this one is missing a type.

And, funnily enough, Chester actually hasn't been played much in-game. He's my character and I've decked him out in case my other two tank and burn but I've only run him like three times. Technically, he'd have experience from timeskip stuff, but... eh.

Well even then there is Yuracion Energy shenanigans for Nico that I do have a blog on...but that's not relevant here.

As for this match....both kinda have a hard time here. Honestly, Czavion's attacks can bypass the resistances of most of the characters from his series so there is that. Czavion has that Precog advantage here. But everything else is kinda a toss up.

Shaxx also has precognition.

I'll list Shaxx's main shticks for combat. Like... serious combat, not when he's ******* with people (in which case he tells everyone they're crippled and they believe him).

His first move is generally one of two things. One, he will decelerate them- it halves their speed for some time, making them sluggish. Two, he will whip out one of his three most common insta-kill methods. These are Disintegrate (matter hax that leaves only dust behind, though this is his least used), Decerebate (his most used, Biological Hax, removes the target's brain stem and instantly kills them; mostly used because it allows Shaxx to read minds of dead characters), and Recall Death (weird meta Death Hax-based on-Memory hax; you remember your own death and die).

Occasionally he'll use his other psionic powers, such as Fuse Flesh or Microcosm, but he'd hesitate to instantly whip out his Reality Warping abilities.

So what is Czavion's leading moves and stuff?

Czavion is a guy who is willing to go for his killing moves at the start. With Precog, both will go for the killing move. For Czavion it is either gonna be; Léxi to xórki to télos (Death hax), O Theós tou Theo├║ tou Dr├íkou (Conceptual Erasure), his own mind based powers or Mass Duplication in which each clone can also use his powers.

Coincidentally, D&D pretty easily resists Death hax. Even the fodder does that. As for Concept Erasure... they all resist EE in general through several means but I doubt they'd neg the concept bit of that. Shaxx in particular isn't going to be bothered by general mindhax unless it's far superior to his own (possible but unsure), and... duplication could work? Don't get me wrong, I'm certain Shaxx could find the real one, but still. How fast are his abilities and stuff?

Well like I said, Czavion's abilities for the most part can bypass the resistances of most characters in his verse. (Many characters gain a death resistance in order to deal with the likes of the "Reaper", i.e Phiona).

• O Theós tou Theo├║ tou Dr├íkou (Dragon God Final Rites): Crosses his arms in which causes a giant black dragon to appear behind him. Czavion utters the words "Here are your last rites!" and the dragon roars. The opponent is suddenly hit with a barrage of attacks that erases them conceptually. This attack ignores the concept of distance.
His duplication is instantaneous and he also has thought based Power Null. Most his main stuff is thought based.

And I don't doubt it, but in D&D's case it is constantly upscaling. You start at resistances in the form of Saves with a value of 1. At that point you resist baseline Death hax. And it gets better with each value up, if that makes sense. In Shaxx's case, he has a Will save (the relevant save for most death hax) of 68. Which is... an ungodly number, if you ask any normal D&D player, because our characters have leveled up far further than most games would permit before saying "yep we're starting over".

So he has one which is arms-crossy which would certainly result in a loss. As a psion, all of Shaxx's stuff except for actually physically assaulting is thought-based.

So that's a buff by 68x then. Well then he might be able to bypass the Death Crystal Resistance although Crystals also have a power scaling chain that I have to put into a blog. Basically, all of Czavions resistances come from digesting those crystals and them fusing with his DNA making him naturally resistance to these things.

Mr. Bambu said:
Uh. Type 2 and 3, by this wiki. Forgot this one is missing a type.
Actually, Type 1, psychological, was removed from both.

Yeah just saw. Yucky.

And Dragon... not exactly. It's exponential gains and stuff but there's no exact math to it. For example. A Fort save of 30 isn't half as good as a Fort save of 60.

It's hard to say. For the sake of simplicity I'll say 68x makes sense in context because explaining stuff like in one level a character can go from relative fodder to a god-tier with insane power is weird because D&D didn't consider how scaling should work when making their rules. The bastards.

So this amounts to

"who thinks first and whether or not they both die as a result of that"

Isn't it just

Back