• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-A Team Bracket Match 5 (Machamp & Metagross vs Hayato Gokudera & Tsunayoshi Sawada)

Well, to throw some argument in:

Machamp & Metagross aren't doing as much elemental attacks as the last team.

Metagross' psychic can be difficult to deal with and allows it to space the opponents, countering contact based sealing. Given its resistance to ice stuff, I could see the sealing be harder to use on it in general.

Both Tsuna and Hayato make much use of their equipment. Machamp could use its Knock Off to disarm them.

I don't see knock off working very well.

Hayato could still snipe and ice resistance alone doesn't protect from ZPB:FE (It also can be said that it negates resistance).

Psychic could be a good counter. But when Hayato surrounds them in bone loops, they can't really do anything.

So Tsuna and Hayato for those reasons.

Metagross outranges Hayato tho. Sniping won't do wonders there. And Metagross becomes highly resistant to bones after a Magnet Rise.

Having superior range isn't what makes Hayato's sniping so dangerous. It's the fact that bone loops null pretty much anything from reaching him, except maybe psychic, and his normal blasts power null and negate durability.

I don't see magnet rise being useful tbh.

Tsuna not having X-Burner and Cambio Forma really hurts him though tbh.

Although given a scenario of Tsuna vs. Machamp, I'd go for Tsuna. Tsuna could struggle against Metagross, but that's where Hayato comes in.

How does Tsuna beat Machamp? If it gets to CQC he kinda gets skill stomped.

Sniping Metagross isn't likely since he can speed amp himself up to 4 times with ease.

Tsuna is not getting skill stomped kek.

He fights against the best assassins in the world and people like Squalo who copied the styles of the best swordsmen in the world.

Hell, in order to be a Sword Emperor you have to beat the current sword emperor then win 100 consecutive sword fights to the death against the best swordsmen in the world.

Just based on intuition, Tsuna was skilled enough to knock people out via pressure points when he had 0 fighting experience.

Machamp is a master of every martial art in the world. Being the best assassins isn't that impressive without context and can be ignored. Winning 100 consecutive fights is more of a stamina feat if anything, you are just fighting a lot of vaguely skilled people (best again means little without showing what they are better then.)

Intuition doesn't necessarily mean skill, pressure points are just points that anyone with knowledge can in theory hit, as long as he knows that they exist and where they are, he could hit them.

And a four times speed amp ain't enoough to stop from getting cornered by bones and hit with tree diagram, which was specifically made as an AOE attack to counter speed/dex advantages.

Problem about that is Metagross is grossly smarter than Hayato. He's not gonna corner the telepathic supercomputer spider anytime soon.

And yes the pun was intended.

@00potato

You can disregard all of the feats, just as easily as I can disregard knowing every martial art as being useless because not all martial arts are equal.

This (A) fictional martial art could be better than that (B) one, and all of the others along with it.

And that's how it is in the KHR verse. Squalo (Having far more experience and knowing hundreds of different sword styles) gets bested by other top tier swordsmen who use styles he hasn't mastered,

The real cal howard said:
Problem about that is Metagross is grossly smarter than Hayato. He's not gonna corner the telepathic supercomputer spider anytime soon.

And yes the pun was intended.
To be fair to Hayato. His intelligence is like his most notable trait, and he's at the very least genius, probably even extraordinary. Nobody's bothered to actually gather his intelligence feats though.

As-in;

He created his own language before entering grade school.

Designed all of his weapons and created most of them. Along with creating the most effecient battle network in the verse.

And built a room which simulates weather patterns to the point where it's indestinguishable from real life.

Those are what's off the top of my head.

00potato said:
Couldn't he just fly out of the way or TK the bones?
The bones powernull, so TK is out.

And he would be surrounded by them on all sides eventually, even if Hayato doesn't do that at first.

YungManzi said:
@00potato

You can disregard all of the feats, just as easily as I can disregard knowing every martial art as being useless because not all martial arts are equal.

This (A) fictional martial art could be better than that (B) one, and all of the others along with it.

And that's how it is in the KHR verse. Squalo (Having far more experience and knowing hundreds of different sword styles) gets bested by other top tier swordsmen who use styles he hasn't mastered,
How do not all Martial arts being equal mean that the feat is invalid? Their still are plenty of viable Martial Arts even without the bad ones, especially when mixed together.

Being beaten by things you haven't mastered doesn't mean much for your skill argument and if anything is an anti-feat since he can't adapt to people who use things that he hasn't already mastered. If that is how it works for the Italians then Machamp will skillstomp since he has mastered things that they probably know nothin about.

My point of bringing it up was to say that knowing more martial arts doesn't mean you're automatically more skilled. That's my point here.

That's a factor to take into account, but not the sole one.

Literally all you've said concerning skill is "Machamp knows all martial arts."

What does that even mean here, when the assassins Tsuna fights have long since surpassed such things?

IRL, there are only like, a few dozen viable sword styles around the world. Squalo's literally fought all of the best among them and copied their sword styles. This is without mentioning he beat the previous sword emperor who accomplished the same feat.

Regardless of skill though, Tsuna only needs to touch him if he's close.

He doesn't just know them. Knowing more martial arts does mean more skilled if you literally know all of them at a master level.

He has fully mastered them. Being the best at something isn't on the same level as full mastery of something. He also just needs one punch to throw him over the horizon anyway unless he has some sorta aerial mobility.

Squalo's mastered sword styles after seeing them once.

As in he can use it himself and he can predict attacks.

Freeze GG, what can Machamp do to stop it? Also, precog >> skill, Metagross is the only one that can be a problem, also, without an aura of vital energy, Storm Flames can cause desintegration in contact.

I don't even have much of a problem potato saying Machamp is more skilled (I would disagree but ,it's your opinion tbh) The problem is when you say "skill stomp". Nobody short of top ten on the skill list (Although, I would argue top five) is skill stomping a KHR fighter from the Future arc. Especially not Tsuna who has analytical prediction and danger sense via Hyper Intuition.

Yamamoto, a comparable character, was skilled enough in varia arc to perfect moves he had only seen once and create his own sword technique, which was effective against the newly crowned sword emperor. When he had practically no experience using a sword.

Just a reminder that those who wish to vote should do so before the 24 hour mark.

From the looks of it, it's 2:2.

YungManzi & XDragnoir for Team Mafia, and cal & 00potato for Pokémon.

I'm going ot go eat now and afterwards will see what I do with this match...

Maybe someone wants to throw in a vote to break the tie?

The tournament decision will be made soon whether someone votes or not.

If the tie isn't broken I will either vote myself or toss a coin. Haven't decided yet.

So, go ahead and vote.

Since I'm split on who to vote for we're going to do a coin toss.

(AVcbz66M+b21C+2haPWkcg==)

Someone please call Heads or Tails. If called correctly Team Mafia wins, if called incorrectly Team Pokémon wins.

As given above encrypted word was AVcbz66M+b21C+2haPWkcg==

Key is: AAAAA

https://aesencryption.net/

So the coin toss result was tails. Since it was called incorrectly Team Pokémon advances.

Next Match soon. As usual the debate here can continue if the interest is there.

Well all of their 'weapons' are like strapped to them really snug (Like rings, gloves, or literally strapped). And those straps have held through every battle without breaking or flying off in any fight up until this point. Like, if Tsuna's gloves weren't blasted off by his own X-Burner when he was training, why the heck would magnetism pull it off? But that's mainly for magnet rise.

Knock off wouldn't work just because pulling it off against a similarly skilled character with precog and a dude who abuses range and bone loops (Which aren't metal btw) is really unlikely.

I was watching a KHR amv, and I forgot Hayato blasts also having homing properties.

This AMV is pretty good too for being 10 years old.

Back