• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Carving Through Space, And Trapped In Time (Langris Vaude vs. Sans) (Voting Completed)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Sans has so many completed battles on his profiles that it's frankly ridiculous. And I really don't want to throw more onto the pile. But when I watched Black Clover, and saw the capabilities of this Spatial Magic user, I just couldn't help myself. So, two abilities that completely negate durability to face-to-face. But which one is superior, space hax or soul hax? Today, we find out!

In the blue corner, we have Langris Vaude from Black Clover, and in the red corner, we have Sans from Undertale.

Langris anime profile-removebg-preview
Sans2
This is a fight to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character are allowed any outside help.

-This battle takes place in the Colosseum in the Clover Kingdom, giving Langris the home-court advantage.

-This is Pre-Possession Langris.

-Speed is equalized.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Narcissist: 0

Nihilist: 0

Inconclusive: 8 (Moritzva, Epsilon R, Vsbattler, ApiesDeathbyLazors, Dragoonseraphim, Axxtentacle, Supergamer100x, Ned_the_outer_god)

Last edited:
He cuts through space with a gesture of his hand, erasing anything in his path.

For instance:

Langris Erase

Sans kills slower, but is likely to teleport away if he sees the opponent swiping the air.

I'm leaning towards Sans. Once he survives the first swipe, he can TK and soulhax into oblivion before Langris can aim and swipe again.

If Sans teleports away, Langris will get irritated and probably will launch Archangel's Crash, a Danmaku attack filled with the same spacehax as his normal attack.

I'm leaning towards Langris or inconclusive. Langris' win con is faster and his attack erases as soon as he moves his hand.

Seems incon to me. If Sans avoids the first attack, he probably wins. Otherwise, dead.

At this point idek what he starts with. I heard he doesn't use teleport in character though.

Voting inconclusive for now

Sans' opener is waves of soul damaging bones summoned right on top of or really close to him. Teleporting is in character, just not an opener.

Does Langris' EE work similarly to Chara's knife? Because Sans can dodge slashing attacks. I think Langris doesn't have resistance to soul hax. However, Langris OHKs Sans and can delete his bones. Sans can kill a Low DT Frisk in 0.6 seconds, but Langris's abilities instakills. The fight depends on who screws up first and who sends more attacks. I vote Inconclusive.

How Chara's Knife works? Also Langris' erasure is avoidable if the opponent already knows how his magic works, which is not the case here

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Sans' opener is waves of soul damaging bones summoned right on top of or really close to him.
I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that in the boss fight, Sans' first move was slamming Frisk into the bottom of the hitbox with blue mode, and then having bones appear.

Sans first attack

It was said due to his Soul hacks getting a downgrade, any battle outside his tier is gonna get nuked. Being talked about in a thread currently

Welp, Sans does have dura negging soul hax now. So he just smacks him around and soul haxs him.

Voting sans
You...do realize that this debate was started before his durability negation was removed.

Read the arguments beforehand, Langris can win with a wave of his hand.

This is a case of either Langris erases, or Sans dodges and TKs him onto bones.

Taking the above into account, I think it's inconclusive.

Both start the fight with a hand gesture. Sans' slams Langris into a pile of soul destroying bones while Langris' erases Sans' head. It's entirely possible one could gesture before the other, but with speed equalized it's up to personal opinion.

Back