• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Akreious said:
"It's shining" is probably the most terrible excuse for something to happen ever. Literally all of Strange's spells glow and shine far more than the Eye of Agamotto
If you saw his "I've coem to bargain" momentm you would know that he isn't shining all that much there. And if he resorts to that he would stop trying to kkill 682, it only makes it stronger.

Or are you saying it knowing that spells glow, time is being rewinded and that only the necklace and his right hand are glowing would make it avoid biting it?

Also, with its size, it could very well do it by accident

682 did technically adapt to be able to speedblitz the solidarity which has infinite speed so take that how you will

SCP-826 locks you in a time loop if you dont find the book inside it and escape before the ending of the book. 682 was sent into a 2 page short story and not only did it stay inside the story long enough to reach the ending several times over, but it broke out without finding the book.

Its not on there because 682s page is very outdated and in the process of being reworked

resistence to Time Manipulation =/= immesurable speed

in most cases

And this is not one of them

Time moves in a frontal motion moving outside of that or breaking out of it is immesurable.

Even without resistance to time loops, 682 has spatial manip and could just drop a black hole on Doctor Strange.

Acausality should give you resistance to temporal powers though, as sidestepping things like a cause and effect relationship includes one moment leading to the next. People have acausality for their past selves being aware of time travelers going back there when that did not happen and thus, simultaneously did and did not happen. On what scale is 682 acausal?

The Eye doesn't seem like it's durable enough to survive that

682's acausal for resisting 2140's causality manipulation.

On 03/13/2004 at 1100 hours the SCP-682 observation booth was cleared of all personnel without BASILISK certification, under the authority of Senior Agent Vanessa Rider. At 1115 an image of the SCP-2140 glyph was projected onto the wall of the SCP-682 containment enclosure.

Foreword: Test T-98816-OC108/682-2140, Video Surveillance

<Begin Log, 03/13/2004>

SCP-682 observes the glyph for 37 seconds and then turns toward the observation booth

SCP-682: I haven't seen these since the time of [DATA EXPUNGED]. It won't work. Unlike you dancing shadows, my past was real and cannot be re-writte, as much as I wish it were.

SCP-682 paused and began scratching something into the ground.

SCP-682: I haven't forgotten what the [DATA EXPUNGED] looked like though, here let me sh-

Observation booth personnel activated the emergency shutters, cut camera feeds and pumped soporifics into the chamber.

<End Log>

Piecemeal analysis of the partial glyph drawn by SCP-682 indicates that while it was a 2140-1-D instance, it contained significant apparent errors that would likely prevent it from functioning.

Since SCP-682 hasn't deployed these glyphs in the past, it is likely not able to do so and does not pose an immediate ontological threat. It remains possible that it could rediscover the methods of SCP-2140-1 construction.

SCP-682 should be prevented from making marks, symbols, or writing of any kind.

To clarify, viewing 2140 changes the universe so that whoever viewed it has always been a loyal foundation member of significant clearance, with highly corroborated personal histories.

WeeklyBattles said:
I'm pretty sure 682's resistence to Power null+Acasuality is enough to tank 826's effect anyway. I'm not sure 826 repeating the book is time manipulation. It's as much time manipulation as clicking "loop" on a Youtube video is anyway.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-826

In addition, the subject will find themselves at a random temporal location in the book's plot, ranging from the beginning to near the end of the book. If the subject does not find SCP-826 within the setting before the "end" of the book, SCP-826 will "reset" the setting, starting the book's plot over. The subject will then be "incorporated" into the book as a background character, losing all memories of a previous life outside of SCP-826.

It starts the book's plot over, but does it actually rewind time?

If outside researchers can watch them fail to retrieve a book, then be incorporated as a background character, then time wouldn't be getting reset, right?

No, mate. No one is watching the people in the book. The book's plot completely resets, placing them in the start as a character in the book. Almost the exact definition of a time loop. They remain in this loop for the rest of existance.

Edit: Ninja'd

Back