• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

5th strongest 7-A Bracket Round 3 (Lancer of Red (Karna) vs Gengar)

Schnee One said:
I also debunked that repeatedly on the Cole vs Sigurd thread
Attacks in Nasuverse are repelled by magic depending on how much magic they have, Soichiro proves this perfectly
Did you forgot that Soichiro have reinforcement from Medea?

EmperorRorepme said:
Idk maybe I remembered wrong. There was some debate about Vivec being 1-A or something not being allowed top spot tier Low 2-C.
Thats because it was decided that becoming physically 1-A at will is not the same as using an ability with a different tier

EmperorRorepme said:
Idk maybe I remembered wrong. There was some debate about Vivec being 1-A or something not being allowed top spot tier Low 2-C.
No you're right. Higher tier attacks can be restricted, yet for some reason higher tier hax is still allowed.

EmperorRorepme said:
Gengar has multiple wincons whilst all I've read from Lancer is tier jumping abilities that aren't allowed and one wincon pf absorption.
The one that was restricted is transformation to higher tier.

I think my point flew right over your head.

Attacks with little magic bypass magic resistance, as I already said.

Magic Resistance isn't covering something with no magic involved because Verse Equalization says so.

Schnee One said:
I think my point flew right over your head.
Attacks with little magic bypass magic resistance, as I already said.

Magic Resistance isn't covering something with no magic involved because Verse Equalization says so.
Little magic? Medea is from Age of Gods. Her magic is above everyone else in FSN. The only one who can nulify her attack are Herc and Arturia.

@emperor

Not on strongest for x tier threads usually. Things things really restricted there

@garg

Of course attacks with no magic bypass magic resistance because attacks with no magic in Nasu are literally just physical attacks

Verse equal would make things that would be considered magic in Nasu be considered magic for the thread though, which would include things like, sleep, paralysis, mind manip, possession etc

Restricting vivec's 1-A thing on the strongest charactesr thread seemed weird ngl

As for this, the rules only say that higher tiers "can" be restricted. That would be implicit if a tier is specified like it is here but people on that thread would probably only count them when not/

@John

False, Medea is only using True Magic when in her Barrier, Saber lolnoped her Projectile attacks but Caster amping Soichiro physically bypassed it

@Paul

Bleach says otherwise. They're also not just physical attacks as Soichiro was literally imbued with magic to boost him to Servant level.

Even if it was allowed you kinda need to get past Gengar's regen, which you need that AoE for given its level. Not saying Karna lacks it of course. But if his higher tier attacks are just piercing for example it can be as strong as he likes but Gengar will still reform.

Karna's higher tier attacks are all massive aoe nukes

@Garg

He wasn't imbued with magic though he had physical amplification magic used on him. Like the same kind Rin used to fight Caster. His strikes weren't magical they were just stronger. Also again, you shouldn't use bleach as an example because it's wanked it seems to end up the exception for alot of rules

Karna still has his lightning spears/MBF for range AoE while he can smack tf outta Gengar in cqc since he has NPI and can see invisibles.

No the punches were just boosted by magic they weren't imbued with it. Medea basically stat amped him.

There is technically magic in the punches but MR doesn't work on the magic as Reinforcement occurs within the structure where it is safe from the negation properties. Kuzuki can still affect Servants regardless with his normal hits are just too weak as seen with him budging Archer's heaf with non amped punches after Medea died.

Yeah, equalizing everything supernatural with magic won't be done just because the verse treats it so.

Pretty damn sure magic exists in Pokemon, and it's not what Gengar does.

Soooo... Any votes yet?

So, Karna's resistances/immunities only apply if the effect its of magic's nature (or the same, of mythic origin)?

Also, don't think there's magic in pokemon, although few psychic type powers are name as magical (but I think its just a name).

No Karna's resistances don't just apply if the effect is magical I was saying that Gengar's stuff would count as magical and get countered by magic resistance alone though.

Karna resists alot of the authority stuff and alot of Kama's stuff as said in this thread though.

I'm pretty sure Karna just resists his stuff with or without magic resistance and absorbs him or spams higher tier attacks.

Then, assuming that is valid, Karna either have an elevated chance to resist or is straight out immune to what Gengar can do?

Also, I think we never resolved the issue with pokemon's intangibility, so if Gengar is al the time, or just can turn intangible is unknown; but either way, I guess Karna can interact with any possible attack?

Karna should just be able to no sell most if not all of Gengar's stuff. Even if he wasn't able to, Karna isn't just going to stand there and get licked when he can just lolabsorb or nuke or do literally anything besides let himself get touched

All servants have npi and can hit ghosts, I swear if it wasn't added to the profile yet imma cry

Sorry, is not there...

I guess I don't see Gengar winning, when its better method seems stealth.

Karna yeets Brahmastra Kundala into a ghost and murders it.

Or he just uses his superior martial skills to outskill Gengar.

Really, there's a laundry list of options here. CQC, he has a spear that he can use to keep Gengar at decent range to prevent attacks and can use that in tandem with his skill to deal damage while avoiding any CQC attacks.

At range, uh. 6-C spear yeet. 7-A+ laser eyes. Spamming lightning spears.

The issue is the regen, but Karna has AoEs (Brahmastra, Brahmastra Kundala) that can cover that, like Cal mentioned he would need.

Karna: 3 (Paul Frank, Antoniofer, KnightOfSunlight)

Gengar: 0

If I didn't overlook something that was supposed to be a vote.

I'd assume the 6-C and up moves would be restricted as it defeats the purpose of strongest 7-A if you win via being a higher tier. That said, he still has AOE that hit as hard or harder than his normal attacks so the regen still gets countered.

"Quite possibly soloes Apocrypha" FRA

As a remainder, Karna's resistance from K&K has nothing to do with Magic Resistance. It protects from physical, conceptual, magical, reudcing all by 90%. Considering it reduces magic, it does indeed work with effects as well. K&K will affect what Gengar brings to the table.

I do agree Gengar's powers have nothing to do with magic though.

Higher tier attacks are allowed, plain becoming a higher tier is not (a guy with a gun would be stronger in 10-B than a guy without one, regardless of the gun being 9-C).

Weird furry image fra.

6-0 then, 1 to go.

Back