• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

5th strongest 7-A Bracket Round 3 (Lancer of Red (Karna) vs Gengar)

I'm pretty sure the armor should prevent all of those tbh even discounting Karna's other resistances

Yeah none of those resistances that would prevent that are on the file. From the look of it Gengar either licks or possesses.

Absorb potentially. Given regen, many of his options are nullified and Gengar isn't gonna kill him through physical blows so conceptual damage reduction won't help.

We don't list all the authority resistances on any profile because there are too many of them

Sleep manip should be included in magic resistance as well since thats a normal magecraft thing iirc.

Not sure how you can possess a servant really, considering they don't have an actual body but I'm fairly certain they should resist

Authority resistances are on the profile though, and none of them are paralysis or the other things I named. And everything I listed is very in character for Gengar. There's also life force absorption from just being Karna's shadow. Lemme check if Karna resists that too.

That's not all the resistances that's just some of them paralysis is also normal magecraft and falls under magic resist

Paul Frank said:
That's not all the resistances that's just some of them paralysis is also normal magecraft and falls under magic resist
The problem is Gengar's stuff is not done by magic.

Paul Frank said:
BB already have paralysis, so any ability of BB should also be put to Karna's resistance, We just focus on adding abbilites but not the resistance.

It's still resisted based on the profile, the magecraft resistances specify effects that they resist not just "they resist magic" verse equal would also make them count as nasu magic anyway so they get resisted

You don't autoresist something because you fight someone who has it. Otherwise Gengar would resist all of Alakazam's abilities and vice versa.

It's specified that Karna's armor has authority that eclipses that of the mooncell which grants resistance to everything it can do.

Higher authority in nasu resists everything the lower authority is able to do

The real cal howard said:
You don't autoresist something because you fight someone who has it. Otherwise Gengar would resist all of Alakazam's abilities and vice versa.
I don't see the problem with that if they fight eachother constantly

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Gengar starts with licks, and you shake so violently that you die. Or hypnosis, none of which are magic based.
They dont have to be magic based because based on the profiles magic resistance gives resistance to the effects. It would also be considered magic by verse equalization

After the several convos I've been about Bleach and Reiatsu, I can confidently say that's not how verse equalization works.

That is how it works though for like, any verse besides bleach

If one verse would consider something magic and another verse doesn't it's still considered magic in the thread

@emperor

Why would tier jumping abilities not be allowed that's not in the rules anywhere?

I also debunked that repeatedly on the Cole vs Sigurd thread

Attacks in Nasuverse are repelled by magic depending on how much magic they have, Soichiro proves this perfectly

Back