• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

5th strongest 7-A Bracket Round 3 (Lancer of Red (Karna) vs Gengar)

Higher tier attacks are almost always restricted. For example I f I put Zelda in a 6-B match it's assumed without question that she doesn't get Light Arrows.

Also a lot of these votes were because of resist. And yes while Karna does outskill, he's not going Ultra Instinct and dodging everything especially with Gengar's superior mobility, and Gengar doesn't exactly lack it in itself, especially given it needs a sizable amount of it to be a rival to the genius that is Alakazam.

That still means Karna has a natural range advantage in CQC due to his Spear, and at Rnage he'd start to pull Brahmastra (7-A+) and Brahmastra Kundala (6-C).

And Karna is so skilled he is said to rival the gods. He very much is going to skillstomp here.

And people made the point about a 6-C attack earlier in the thread. Even then, Brahmastra has enough AoE to wipe out Gengar.

I think the thing to remember is that even if Karna doesn't outright resist, whatever status effects Gengar tries will be cut by 90%. At best the sleep manip probably makes him kinda drowsy, or the paralysis like makes his limb not move maybe.

Karna isn't one to underestimate his opponents. If Gengar is being a weaselly little bastard and not getting hit, then Karna drops a 2-A nuke on him, or a 6-C one if he is feeling charitable. That 2-A nuke ain't gonna be restricted btw, since this is about finding the strongest period

You know Gengar is stronger than Karna physically as he's comparable to Tyranitar, who's stronger than Pupitar by walking.

Cal.

Karna has smurf level attacks.

A literal 2-A nuke he will not hesitate to drop if needed. A 6-C AoE Spear throw. A 7-A+ Laser.

He massively outskills.

And then there's the 90% resistance to hostile interference.

Gengar is not winning.

Sad day to be one of my favorite pokemon.

The real cal howard said:
You know Gengar is stronger than Karna physically as he's comparable to Tyranitar, who's stronger than Pupitar by walking.
Sounds like a great time for a 6-C attack, which Karna does not hold off of using whatsoever

I guess now would be a good time to explain why this isn't a stomp. There is a very short window for Gengar to get his his status effects between the time where the armor is removed and the 2-A nuke drops. That's about it lol

So it's not a stomp if he uses VS and Gengar can manage a debuff while the armor is off.

But if he doesn't use Vasavi Shakti before Brahmastra Kundala or Brahmastra, then lmao ded.

The real cal howard said:
Karna scales above Angra Mainyu in strength, which fit destroyed by a broken down Shirou.

Even if Gengar has the advantage it's incredibly small.

Back