• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

5th Strongest 7-A Bracket Round 1 (The Spirit vs Alakazam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 for Alakazam now, if I counted correctly.

That's  7 then. Grace.

I bet Cal didn't expect Alakazam to pass round 1.

So first round its done, will this follow the typacal bracket protocol and continue right after, or we wait for grace to end?

I'm still confused. How does Alakazam resist/avoid Madness Hax when it worked on a planetary scale seemingly beyond Alakazam's resistence and it's the Spirits go to move. Why doesn't Alakazam get madness haxed from the start?

Basically, all of Alakazam's mind hax and such are thought based (who'd have guessed) and so before Planetary Mind rape goes out, Alakazam one shots.

Since Cal said that Alakazam has a psychic shield I believe it should resist it during at least a good amount of time. Also, not sure when it changed, but we didn't use to associate range with hax potency (unless otherwise stated).

@Udl I mean if they both lead with mindhax isn't it incon? Although idk if Spirits stuff is mind-based.

@Anto

I mean I don't see how the psychic sheild will defend against a mind hax beyond it's resistence.

I think it was decided on the wiki a while ago that the amount of people that are mind haxed is it's potency. I don't really agree with it either what if it's a bunch of fodders with no resistence to mind hax but you have a high range with your hax or what if you bypass someone resistence. I'd say bypassing someones resistence with potency of mindhax is superior to mindhaxing a bunch of fodders but eh.

Relative, resisting/being immune to a guy that cause people in a country is no different that resisting/being immune to one guy that can turn a person stupid, they both have the same effect, limiting potency to range its kinda arbitrary.

I think historically we mostly went by how many people a person can put under mindhax at once as measuring stick for potency.

Though a universal metric is difficult across fiction, without real live analogon.

>I mean if they both lead with mindhax isn't it incon? Although idk if Spirits stuff is mind-based.

Depends on if the Spirit has thought based madness hax.

If they do, then I'll agree with you about a Incon as it literally a "who shoots first"

I thought the votes might still change. Doesn't seem like it though, so I will make the post the next match soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back