• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) L plays a Card Game (L vs. D'Arby)

No prep for D'Arby = lose. But in this case we haven't seen L play card games, but he is phenomenal at bluffing and has much more impressive show of intelligence than D'Arby. I'm leaning towards L at the moment.

IDK how this would be added as it isn't your regular fight, but I'd say L takes this if neither have prep in this situation FRA.

I mean we added Yugi having a card battle with D'arby. Just look at withers profile

It's unconventional but it's a fight in my opinion

Can someone elaborate me better how exactly L takes this? Is he supposed to see through any trick D'Arby may do? Even without pre he's not doing to play fair.

The comparison with Jotaro's bluff couldn't be a more clear false equivalence compared to anything L may do here, do I need to explain why?

D'Arby's smarter on this matter, L's smarter in general, why's this even a factor?

Eficiente said:
The comparison with Jotaro's bluff couldn't be a more clear false equivalence compared to anything L may do here, do I need to explain why?
D'Arby's smarter on this matter, L's smarter in general, why's this even a factor?
L's done incredible bluffs as a whole. As a detective, his entire job is profiling, figuring people out, reading patterns, and learning the truth.

ThePixelKirby said:
L's done incredible bluffs as a whole. As a detective, his entire job is profiling, figuring people out, reading patterns, and learning the truth.
So what? That is done over time, what do you even expect him to do here? And what do you expect him to do with the info he may get?

He's not going to magically see through a trick, that right there is real and applicable advantage I'm communicating, I don't even know what are you guys hoping L to do here.

Win? This seems pretty obvious to me.

As I said, he makes his tricks in game, L doesn't see them, he's already better in the game so he may not even need them, and L doesn't achieve anything useful with his intelligence to overwhelm D'Arby.

Last I checked luck mattered a lot. If intelligence was only factor than best poker players would be smartest human ever. And beyond a point difference in intelligence won't matter. Unless of course he counts.. 50-50.

Luck doesn't matter that much in poker. There wouldn't be world champions if it was all about luck.

OnePunchSaitama said:
Are you saying poker champions are mensa grads?
You do realize you can be good at one thing and be bad in other things right? You can be the greatest poker player in the world and not know what's 2+2, or you can solve the greatest math equations and not know a thing about music theory.

And a lot of poker world champions are highly intelligent, yes.

I think you misunderstand. It's about manipulation. Not intelligence, social intelligence too. If this was kira, I would actually change my answer. Other than that if you expect manipulation coming, you play backwards right. For instance what you would do if a flush happens without opening the other two? So luck can matter too. After all people do have good and bad days.

I am gonna change my vote to D'arby. Even without prep, D'arby is very good at cheating in a way that L does not have feats of countering. I have no doubt that L will be able to tell he is cheating, just as the Crusaders could, but that does not mean he can determine how. D'arby's ability to have a non-corporeal set of hands that L cannot percieve, is also an advantage I do not think L can make up for. Note that he manged to still cheat against Joesph despite having no specific prep except for a candy bar he happened to have on him, so him having prep is not as much of a loss as you would think. It was Jotaro's precision, not his speed that let him perceive D'arby's slight of hand, so L has no way around this.

Thus, I vote for D'arby

OnePunchSaitama said:
I think you misunderstand. It's about manipulation. Not intelligence, social intelligence too. If this was kira, I would actually change my answer.
Other than that if you expect manipulation coming, you play backwards right. For instance what you would do if a flush happens without opening the other two? So luck can matter too. After all people do have good and bad days.
It's not about manipulation it's about reading people, something that L excels at. Luck matters everywhere, I don't see why that tautology is in any way relevant.

And D'Arby cheats yes, he could use his stand, sure. But D'Arby is a horrible gambler, he is just a cheater. All L needs to do is do the thing Jotaro did and he will in no way lose. Which is much more than likely since he is far better at reading people than Jotaro ever could be. And D'Arby not having prep is a huge disadvantage, since he is so fragile, not having his back up of having a plan for everything is going to make it easier for L to break him.

@Og

D'arby is a good gambler. Cheeting is part of the game when it comes to jojo. D'arby only broke down due to his fear of DIO, that is a fear L cannot replicate. D'arby also can cheat quite well without prep, so its not as big of a disadvantage as you would think

Back