• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dead people try to unalive each other

Will comment further on this later. But what I'll say right off the bat is that both of them have abilities which should help them massively in this fight.

Alright, so looking at it more closely...

Jason may or may not be stronger, but if he is, it isn't by much. Door-shattering is 516 KJ, whereas Dead Boy gets his AP from effectively one-shotting a 177 KJ character with minimal effort.

Jason's regen should help a lot against Dead Boy's blades and magic blasts, and beyond that, him being undead means Dead Boy's soul BFR won't work, since the magic has to be powered by the remaining years of a person's life. (Although he hasn't been seen using it in combat, so that's whatever anyway) Him being undead also means that Dead Boy won't be healing himself anytime soon, because there's no life energy to utilize.

However, Dead Boy is extremely skilled and much more mobile in combat (I don't really know why speed is equalized here, but whatever), and he's perfectly capable of cutting a person even bigger than Jason into small bits with his daggers. His resistances laugh at the few potent hax abilities that Jason has, and Jason being undead means he can use his telepathy to his advantage if needs arise, which should actually work really well against Jason considering how moments from his past have emotionally staggered him numerous times in his canon. In the worst case scenario, that curse he has that boils a target's brain inside their skull should also completely ruin Jason past the point of regenerating.

It's a close one, but resistances, telepathy, better combat skill, and having more ways to actually put Jason down for good (because even being blown to bits wasn't enough to stop Dead Boy from using his magic) give Dead Boy a pretty solid edge in the broader scope of things. Voting him.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
(I don't really know why speed is equalized here, but whatever)
It's just kinda standard procedure since many matchups get forked otherwise

I mean neither one is capable of blitzing the other in this case, but it's up to you.

Grace has officially started.

I actually got a lesser-known character a win within a reasonable timeframe. That's...shocking.

Back